Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need some new speakers (6.5's)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some new speakers (6.5's)

I need to find some new speakers for the back. I need something that will work with the stock stereo and someething that will work good for something better later on. I have a Pioneer 9200 head unit, and I would like to use something from pioneer, but I want something that sounds great and doesn't cost an arm AND a leg.

I let a freind of mine use my car today b/c he said he was in a bind and when he returned in he used up well over 1/4 of a tank of gas(just going to school and back) and my back right speaker was busted. I hope he will come around and at least pay for at least 1 speaker, but probably not.

Josh S.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Need some new speakers (6.5's)

I'm guessing your talking about the speakers in the far back (Hatch area). These are 4 inch speakers. Pioneer has a few to chose from, but I personaly would not go that route. When I looked in to it for my self I was looking at Polk EX2540 and MB Quart QSD 210.. Not to steer you away from Pioneer but you will not get the same sound quality out of the Pioneers. Hope that helps..
Old 05-22-2002, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah it is the speaker 6.5 in the back seat area( aren't those the subs??) I was thinking that the pioneer might not be the best also.. What would be the price range on some Polks or MBs??

Josh S.
Old 05-22-2002, 05:02 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Guy in MY 99TA:
<strong>Yeah it is the speaker 6.5 in the back seat area( aren't those the subs??) I was thinking that the pioneer might not be the best also.. What would be the price range on some Polks or MBs??

Josh S.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought you were refering to the 4 inch speakers in the far back..

The ones in the back seat area are stock sub woofers. If you are planning on replacing them with a full range speaker, it is not possible unless you want to loose your stock subs and the far rear speakers.

How do you currently have your 9200 wired right now? Is it all going in to the stock harness?
Old 05-22-2002, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

I sorta forgot to mention that the 9200 isn't in yet..... It is just sitting around. I haven't had time to take it to a shop and have it installed. It will be connected to all the stock wiring till I get the time to wire everything and do a system. But performance is going to be first. I want to get the car as fast as I want it and then work on the Major system I want. This is just something to play with.

Josh S.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would get the cd player installed and run the far back speakers from the head unit. Then i would get a 50x4 amp and run the front speakers and the ones in the middle of the car. That way u can have sound from all of the speakers. Most 6.5s will produce enough bass to get by. If u didnt mind the stock subs then the aftermarket ones will be fine.

Drew
Old 05-22-2002, 06:02 PM

If I were you, I would wait untill you have all the components to do the whole system before installing it. You can run in to problems running an after market deck through the stock wiring. I would wait and run all new wire.

Are you planning on a sub and aftermarket amp?
Old 05-22-2002, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

hey i got 2 pioneer premier 6.5" 3 way speakers i just took out of my camaro, ill sell um to ya, they sound really good

Quick Reply: Need some new speakers (6.5's)