Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subs that make the most BASS

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2002, 09:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: subs that make the most BASS

This was a cool post until it turned into a "I have a larger shlong than you" war. hey everyone, If any of you knew a damn thing about generating low frequency sound waves in vehicles, than you would know that THERE IS NO "BEST" WOOFER!! As far as the highest rated RMS power handling, and largest Xmax, this changes every year, or better yet, every quarter. I have heard a guy's system at the Installer Institute in Daytona Beach using 300 watts, 4 - 5-1/4" midbasses in a proper enclosure that would knock your socks off. The key to loud, low bass is, Sufficient clean power, and proper enclosure design based on subwoofer and vehicle types. Just ask Richard Clark or David Navone. So, as far as the average guy goes who wants to put some loud bass in his ride, these are the important things.

1- Buy alot of amplifier power.

2- Know how to build a good enclosure for your woofer/vehicle, or hire a pro to build it for you.

3- Use a decent speaker, and realize that the gain control on an amplifier is an "Input sensitivity control" and NOT A VOLUME CONTROL!!!
Ok, I feel better now.

<small>[ December 07, 2002, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Snootch ]</small>
Old 12-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Teching In

I agree with Josh. The stroker probably wouldn't be the best choice beings that it was only designed to play higher frequncies for short periods of time as in an SPL competition. It is very inefficient and needs a huge ported box. I have heard them play low frequncies but that was only with 4 Dei 1100's running each one.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Teching In

Hey stavman, I think the only smart thing you've said so far is that DEI amps rock. As for everything else, car audio has come a long way since the stroker. That hunk of crap was designed for SPL competitions only and that was like 10 years ago. Just incase you didn't know, there are subs out now that can actually play loud without plugging them into the wall!!!!
Old 12-08-2002, 02:17 AM
Teching In

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Shady93z:
<strong>Hey stavman, I think the only smart thing you've said so far is that DEI amps rock. As for everything else, car audio has come a long way since the stroker. That hunk of crap was designed for SPL competitions only and that was like 10 years ago. Just incase you didn't know, there are subs out now that can actually play loud without plugging them into the wall!!!!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think your bitching at the wrong guy.....
Old 12-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Teching In

Sorry stavman, that comment was for 2fast4u. I apologize.
Old 12-08-2002, 02:28 AM
Teching In

Hey Loyd, while I was at this years dB Drag Finals Jamie Delapez's van maintain 170 dB for five straight minutes during the deathmatch. Very impressive. Another impressive sight was the van from Germany that also hit over 177 dB and held 170 dB for 5 minutes.

Quick Reply: subs that make the most BASS