Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Building box for W3V3

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Building box for W3V3

Me and my buddy are building a box for my new 12 this weekend. I really havn't seen any pictures of single sub boxes, and what they look like in a camaro (all I can find are dual sub boxes). I want the box to extend into the hole of the hatch, and the width of the space. Also, I want to build the biggest box possible. I'm still deciding on how to build it; where to put the sub, and ports. If anyone has any pics of theirs, or suggestions it would be great. Thanks..
Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Not a Camaro and not a 12" but it's a single, the box widens as it goes down, at the bottom, its the width of the well.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:22 PM
10 Second Club

It's very clean looking, which is what I want. I think I might just build one the width of the hatch where the hole is to match the seams of the existing lines, and have the speaker in the center like yours, but at an angle pointing towards the front.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:43 PM
Teching In

That would work, my original plan with this box was to have it angled forward more, but once I started the framing for the fiberglass I changed my mind to save some build time for the box. The first box I made, sat on the angled ledge and had the sub firing down into the well (pics on cardomain). I liked the way it sounded better that way compared to the current box, but I like the way the current box looks better.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice set up, but why the hell would you use a sony sub?
Old 09-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Teching In

I was on a tight budget and I've always wanted to do a system completley using one brand. When I got the car, the headunit in it was crap so I immediatley bought a new sony deck and since I already had the deck and it was new, I decided to do the all sony setup. When I used to work as an installer, the shop I was at was a Sony dealer and even then we never did an all sony system. I'm already bored with it, so a completley new, almost no budget system is in the plans.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sgt Joe
I was on a tight budget and I've always wanted to do a system completley using one brand. When I got the car, the headunit in it was crap so I immediatley bought a new sony deck and since I already had the deck and it was new, I decided to do the all sony setup. When I used to work as an installer, the shop I was at was a Sony dealer and even then we never did an all sony system. I'm already bored with it, so a completley new, almost no budget system is in the plans.

check ebay. i got all jl's. paid $45 for the 6.5's for the door, about $60 for the two 8"s for the sail panels, and about $40 for for the 4"s
Old 09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

No JL headunit.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt Joe
(pics on cardomain).
What is the link?
I'd like to see more.
Thanks