Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

which way should i go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On mine (T/A) I had to take a pair of needlenose pliers, wrap electrical tape around the end, and pull outward on the door lock thing to get it to come off. Not sure if a Camaro would be different.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming you have power windows, taking the door panel off is easy. IT's kind of like sex. You need to take it slow and be gentle the very first time. But once you get the hang of it, you can do it in 3 minutes or less. lol
Old 01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

i got everything in and it all sounds awesome over the stock system, i'm glad i spent the extra money!

the only thing with the alpines in the door panels is that the fade control is set to about the 3 o'clock position to balance the volume out between front and rear... and it seems like i'm missing some midrange... probably because the monsoon system isn't sending the same set of low and high signals that the alpine was designed to recieve. probably not enough mids through the amp, and/or the capacitor on the alpine's tweeter is block some mids from the head unit that the stock speaker in that position sounds off with. :shrug:

it's all good though. i think the next thing i may do (a LONG ways down the road) is get a 4-channel amp and some rear speakers for the hatch area. then hook the door and hatch speakers to the 4-channel so that i get better sound from the doors.

you may be wondering why i don't just get a headunit...? well i don't want my car to be theftbait, i daily drive into downtown theftlanta. plus, i don't like the way aftermarket systems look, trying to be all high tech looking and stuff. they just don't look natural. lol. :shrug:

thanks to you guys for all the help!
Old 01-31-2007, 07:16 PM
On The Tree

I'm noticing that the front speakers are completely missing midrange, and it gets worse at high volume. The highs come out and cut your ears, lol. I think I remember playing with the amp at low levels during installation, and I remember that I could put the crossover to "no pass" instead of "high" or "low" pass filters. When it was set to no pass at low volume, I remember it having a lot of midrange.

Would it harm the 6w0's to get the amp to have no frequency filter?