Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

System Pics!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again fellas!! I will be at the next F-Body Gathering in Marietta GA Memorial Day weekend as always. I will be the 6' 2" 305lb guy standing by what is usually the only mystic teal LS1 T/A at the show. Or will be down by the Sweatin the Details tent. Oh, and I WILL have a beer in my hand more than likely!! Please feel free to come by and have a beer and a listen with me! I am parked by the black 79 T/A with the gold trim (assuming my buddy brings it this year)!! I love to talk shop, see other vehicles to get ideas and also admire the hard work alot of you guys put into your vehicles as well!! One of these days I want to see Mike's Firehawk in person!! Now that's an impressive system!!! Talk about work...click on his link if anybody get's a chance!! Again, preciate the comments!!!
Old 03-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
One of these days I want to see Mike's Firehawk in person!! Now that's an impressive system!!! Talk about work...click on his link if anybody get's a chance!! Again, preciate the comments!!!
well, I do plan on being at NOPI Nats in Atlanta in Sept with an all new rebuild that's still in progress.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Banned

BET!!! I'll plan on being there!! I have a friend who's big into imports who always bugged me about going to that. Looks like fun!!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Restricted User

yeah, I won't be in the car show part, but NOPI will be hosting the IASCA Sound Quality and SPL World Finals event this year.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mike @ FbodyAudio
yeah, I won't be in the car show part, but NOPI will be hosting the IASCA Sound Quality and SPL World Finals event this year.

I see your in PA , woot, that's close enough to meet to take a peak.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by wickedwarlock
I see your in PA , woot, that's close enough to meet to take a peak.
I hope to have the car done by late May, early June, but there is still ALOT of work to do, especially considering I only get really about 12 to 16 hours a week to work on it.

There's an IASCA SQ event at a NOPI show at MIR at the end of August that I'll be at as well.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

good looking system
Old 03-15-2007, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

would those midbass subs work with the stock amp and an aftermarket HU? i know almost nothn about audio components, so just lookn for a lil advice, thanks!
Old 03-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Banned

I recently sold a set of CDT CL-6e's to a member here (I had a spare set at the time). He loves them!! Even though they are 4ohm and the sails are 2ohm...not an issue with these particular speakers. He runs his off the Monsoon. Mine are run off an amp and handle the power quite well. They can be had for $89.00 so they are a great bargain as well. Either way they would do fine!! Good luck!!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

awesome thanks for the advice! ill be looking to get some asap, ive seen them for $99 on ebay and one other site. guess ill have to do some shoppin around, thanks again!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking setup! How do you like that headunit? I'm trying to decide what direction to take this car...I'm going to start daily driving it so I want a better h/u in it.
Does this one have good ipod integration? Did you just ground it to that bolt in the 2nd pic to bypass the parking brake circuit to show video while driving? How are the audio controls in the h/u?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Banned

Overall I like the avx1. It has alot of cool features. The one thing I don't like is that it starts over the song your on everytime power is cut to the unit. I know this isn't a huge concern but in a way it is kind of annoying. I also miss rotory volume control.Picture is great, sound is awesome with lots of adjustment and crossovers for front, rear and sub. Tons of good presets for EQ or 3 saveable user settings. 2 auxiliary inputs for AV, ipod, satelite radio, etc. Aux output that also serves as video out for other monitors. The second ground served 2 purposes. One was the video bypass...so my kid could watch...NOT me!! It also serves as a stronger ground than the thin factory ground wire. I had a little bit of ground loop noise coming through and it was bugging me. That fixed it for me. The audio controls are fairly easy to navigate in the menu section and have nice crossover features. You can also turn off the internal amplifier if you use a seperate amp. Overall it is a very nice HU and I would recommend it.
Old 03-29-2007, 03:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
Overall I like the avx1. It has alot of cool features. The one thing I don't like is that it starts over the song your on everytime power is cut to the unit. I know this isn't a huge concern but in a way it is kind of annoying. I also miss rotory volume control.Picture is great, sound is awesome with lots of adjustment and crossovers for front, rear and sub. Tons of good presets for EQ or 3 saveable user settings. 2 auxiliary inputs for AV, ipod, satelite radio, etc. Aux output that also serves as video out for other monitors. The second ground served 2 purposes. One was the video bypass...so my kid could watch...NOT me!! It also serves as a stronger ground than the thin factory ground wire. I had a little bit of ground loop noise coming through and it was bugging me. That fixed it for me. The audio controls are fairly easy to navigate in the menu section and have nice crossover features. You can also turn off the internal amplifier if you use a seperate amp. Overall it is a very nice HU and I would recommend it.
Sweet thanks, sent you a pm too
Old 03-29-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice to know CDT is getting the fbody looks. I have them all around in my t/a
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

I saw them first mentioned in the same light as Focal on F-body Audio. I figured everyone else is using Alpine, Focal, MB Quart, JL, some Bostons here and there. I wanted something different but sound great, and they do!! I just got some CDT EF-8 carbon fiber subs (cast baskets too). I am debating what to do with them (sails or rebuild doors). I am also contemplating selling my W3's for some 10" CDT SQ subs as well. Just to round things out. I love the JL's...don't get me wrong...nice sub!! I just want to have a full CDT speaker system in place. Guess I'll have to think on it some more!! Input is always welcome too!!
Old 03-31-2007, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

sweet looking system.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed that same head unit. I really like it and the features can't be beat. I would have no problem recommending it.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Teching In

looks real nice man
Old 04-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Banned

Really appreciate it fellas!!! I love that HU as well!! Only thing I miss is my rotory volume, other than that I can't say enough about it!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha Damm Man Respect!, Dont Get Mad At Me But Im Seriously Thinking About Just Copying Everything U DID! How Much Was The Total Cost Of Everything?