Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

System Pics!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default System Pics!!!!

Alright I finally broke out the cyber shot and snapped some pics of my system. It is what I'd consider an economy system but it does the job quite well and can put out about 144.6db SPL cleanly. I had some ground loop noise (slight but noticable)as some others have had so I added my own ground using 10 guage wire in addition to the factory harness ground. No more ground noise!! I grounded it on the bolt that connects the center console to the dash at the bottom (see pic). Anyway, here it is!!

My new JVC KD-AVX1!! This HU does it all!!

This is the place I put the extra ground in.

My Rockford Fosgate Power Series 600.5 5channel amplifier!! Actually tested at 780watts @ 4ohms!!

These are the CDT CL-6 components with 3/4 in. silk dome tweeters.

I removed the felt behind the speakers as I felt this improved the sound quality slightly. Probably just a figment of my imagination!!

The CDT CL-6 mid bass in the sails.

I had a slight vibration coming from the sail covers as the little foam rubber pieces had worn away over time. I put these foam pieces in place of them and it really worked well to dampen any vibration I had.

Here are the two Subthump enclosures housing JL Audio 10W3V2 D4's ran in series from the sub section of the 600.5. Please excuse the bass boost ****. I really didn't want it up front mounted somewhere as I really don't use it. It's only there if I really want to pump up the bass to really sick proportions!!!

Hope you liked the pics. If you have any questions feel free to ask as my door is always open if I can help. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited by Walking-dead; 02-18-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

man i wanna get that pass. side box, i may just make my own.. thats exactly what i want my system to look like.. its very stealthy and it looks like it could have came stock that way...
Old 02-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

As you can see in the pic You do have to delete your spare to use it but I carry a portable air compressor and a tire repair kit with me just in case.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:39 AM
On The Tree

That looks good.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

nice and clean. does the amp get in the way when you remove the t-tops? im looking for some ideas.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Banned

The amp doesn't really get in the way but it doesn't allow the flap to lay flat like it does normally but doesn't get in the way of T-top storage in any way. One advantage is that I can lay it over the amp if I'm away from the car for a awhile and don't want people to see it (ie: at work). Plus you can't see the the subs way down in there with the tint. If you really want stealth for your amp, subthumps amp rack or one like it is a nice way to hide you amps without losing space. It mounts against the back wall of the hatch. If I was really concerned with where I park on a daily basis I'd mount the amp/amps on the back wall. Alot of guys have them on here and swear by them. I show mine off a little more but I won't park the car where I feel something could happen to it. Thanks for the compliments guys!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Clean Install, Hows it sound?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Sound is crystal clear even at high volume. To be honest I swapped out about many sets of speakers in all kinds of configurations until I had it just right. I literally tryed everything I could get my hands on: Infinity 6012i, 6010i, perfects (liked), Alpine SPS 170a, Audiobahn comps, Boston Rally Series comps(liked), CDT CL-6e (liked), and some I probably left out. I finally settled on the CL-6 CDT's. I also tryed every configuration using factory Monsoon and aftermarket stuff in every way. This current configuration IMO is the best sounding system I've ever had. Very loud but tolerable due to it being very clear with no distortion. At the 2006 Megamaxx car show and sound off I competed with this system and won my class with a 144.6 db spl. I only have the one amp running the entire system. The sub channel was only rated at 200 watts. I'll be at the next F-body Gathering usually hanging around the Sweatin the Details detailing area drinking beer. Feel free to come get me to have a listen Memorial Day weekend!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. Such a clean install.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

well now i know what mine will look like

i found nothing wrong with your post BTW.. i dunno why honda hunter jumped your ***
Old 02-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

No big deal. The only reason I wanted them was for a buddy of mine i was gonna build a system for. I'll just fab them for him out of glass. By the way your getting a GREAT deal. I paid about $140.00 total for both of mine used. I run my subs parallel. They are both 4ohm DVC. This way I don't run into cancellation or phase issues. Just thought you might want to know since you'll be running a similar setup. Enjoy!!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 PM
Launching!

so subthump does not make this box anymore? BTW Nice install. I really like your deck.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

How are those subthump boxes secured, anyway? Are there screws somewhere?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM
10 Second Club

Nice, clean install.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by the_hunted
so subthump does not make this box anymore? BTW Nice install. I really like your deck.
They DO make the drivers side stealth enclosure just not the passenger side one anymore. They had it on there site for a long time with a message letting everyone know that if enough of them weren't sold they were gonna have to pull them. Guess they just weren't selling enough?! Thanks for the compliments by the way...I really do appreciate them...and I meant what I said, if anyone is at the F-body gathering in GA this year at the Marriott, come by and say hello!! There were some Canadian guys last year I met. One of them had an Alpine deck and a 12" solobaric in an anniversary edition T/A. Nice system as well as a real nice guy. Always willing to share trade secrets and beer!!

Originally Posted by dragonrage
How are those subthump boxes secured, anyway? Are there screws somewhere?
As far as how you secure them, it's kinda up to you. Mine really aren't secured by anything but the extremely tight fit and weight. I don'thave any rattles or squeeks from them so I really don't worry about it right now. The Vantage enclosure I have did need to be secured by some small L-brackets they came with. Nice fit, just not quite as tight as the subthump boxes.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

looks good, but doesnt the 2 subs facing each other partially cancel each other out on output? i was going to do this back in the day with my setup by the shop i was local/regular to said its a bad idea...over time the subs don't last as long, and you dont get a very good quality of sound?

but regardless, it does look real nice
Old 02-23-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Addict

Nah, it's fine. They're pressurizing the cab at the same time. If they were out of phase (one was wired backwards) then they'd mostly cancel each other out.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

The sound quality from this set up is excellent with no cancellation. I've had those subs in there for a little over a year and they sound as good as the day I installed them, which was great!! They were purchased used off ebay as well. They were in perfect shape and still are. Very impressed with them all though I have been kicking around the idea of selling them and getting some CDT subs to match the rest of my speakers. I just like the way these sound and I'm afraid of change!!!!LOL!! Seriously though, I am VERY curious to see what the CDT subs sound like!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

I also use both PS & DS Subthump boxes with my ED11" Subs. The DS box fits in nice and tight - PS you have to trim the plastic spare tire cover as seen in the pics above. The PS box was a little loose in the area - they told me to just put a screw down thru an existing hole in the bracket that accepts the quarter-turn fasteners for the plastic cover, down into the sub box - worked like a charm!

-Jay-