Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Metal Heads in here... or anyone with fast music.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95bat
Oh ya, true. Forgot about that.

Yeah, its all preference. That situation can go both ways though. He might like the front only and never buy speakers for the rear, but then he'll never know if he would enjoy the rear fill or not
He'll definately know if theres a lacking feeling. Better than having to use the fader and say "Hey I never needed these, why did ya sell em to me? "
Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Teching In

i have 2 JL 10'' subs with a small amp for each sub so it hits harder so when that double kik comes it it hits very nice and i have alpine head unit with a alpine eq that works extremely well i dont think id get any other system...........8's are good but i dont think its enuff bass i want to feel it in my chest.....and 12's well unless u listen to ghetto rap its un necessary haha
Old 04-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Teching In

oo and all my mids and highs are alpine also...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by xxtrevorxx
i have 2 JL 10'' subs with a small amp for each sub so it hits harder so when that double kik comes it it hits very nice and i have alpine head unit with a alpine eq that works extremely well i dont think id get any other system...........8's are good but i dont think its enuff bass i want to feel it in my chest.....and 12's well unless u listen to ghetto rap its un necessary haha

Just to summarize and try to understand..

8s cant get as loud as 10s?

12s are too sloppy and not as good as 10s?

If this is what your trying to say, then sir your logic is quite flawed.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component speakers in the front, the same midrange speakers in the sail panels and the 10" Type R 1022 2 ohm sub 500-1500RMS in a stealth box, my 2 amps crank out 2200 watts max, I listen to Tool and AIC & Metallica and Disturbed & SOAD and my system kicks ***!!!

Amp for the 2 pairs of component speakers is the Alpine PDX 4.150, 150X4 @2ohms RMS, max is 300X4

Sub amp is the Alpine PDX 1.1000, set at full gain lows...

HU is the Alpine 9857, subwoofer is set between 10 & 12 depending on whether or not I need more sub coming out of the music...
Old 04-02-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm wondering if any of these people have ever even heard of Germs. And not the micrological kind, the kind the original poster bought.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Teching In

I wonder the same, or even if theyve heard Rainbows at all. Although the name would scare away some with masculinity issues....
Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

aight... the Rainbow Amp and speakers are in car. The sound is CRYSTAL clear and VERY full. Damn these speakers are nice. My only problem is volume... I can't crank it! Doh! Break in time for speakers! What is this! hahaha

I do kinda feel like I need rears though. I'm giving them serious consideration right now. My 96 WS6 had rears that were blaring loud in comparison to my fronts because I had a blown speaker. So this is gonna take some getting used or rears are going in.

And I went to 6spdcoupe because I bought material from him before. Don is a good dude and does sweet work. He also installed my Clifford Alarm system.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ChrisUlrich
aight... the Rainbow Amp and speakers are in car. The sound is CRYSTAL clear and VERY full. Damn these speakers are nice. My only problem is volume... I can't crank it! Doh! Break in time for speakers! What is this! hahaha

I do kinda feel like I need rears though. I'm giving them serious consideration right now. My 96 WS6 had rears that were blaring loud in comparison to my fronts because I had a blown speaker. So this is gonna take some getting used or rears are going in.

And I went to 6spdcoupe because I bought material from him before. Don is a good dude and does sweet work. He also installed my Clifford Alarm system.
You upgraded the front and no sail update? Oh, you need to do them too. I know, you did it because the fronts were blown. Make that sail option priority, hehe. You'll really have a smirk on your face than.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 PM
12 Second Club

I listen to mostly metal and I love the way my JL w6 and 500/1 work together and sound.... Most people that get into my car can't believe it is only one 10" sub and the gain is only at like 30% hahaha would run it higher but I need a ported box/ sleath box is great just not much airspace
Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Frisky, we're talking about components, not subs

Chris - I'm glad you like the Rainbows. Not many people actually listen to advice given unless it includes all the major brands. Rainbow is no where close to being as well known as Alpine, but they're far far far far superior.

Wait until you get to crank those babies up... your smile will grow 10 fold.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

How would these rainbow speakers work with the stock amp??? Just curious...
Old 05-16-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

Chris - I'm glad you like the Rainbows. Not many people actually listen to advice given unless it includes all the major brands. Rainbow is no where close to being as well known as Alpine, but they're far far far far superior.

As of right now... they are VERY low in volume. That's most upsetting to me. My Eclipse 8445 goes up to 80 (Max volume) and I have it set at 70 usually and I can barely hear it when cruising on the highway and my car isn't loud at all. Not yet anyway

So i'm wondering if there's a **** on the amp or something. I have yet to call Don (my installer/dealer) and steal his knowledge but since i'm here. Might as well ask.

For the record though... Don told me about Rainbow a couple years ago. I always knew they were badass. Just never heard a set before. I think they sound great. Especially all my settings are on 0 since my head unit isn't functioning properly.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Well in that case JK man haha I am in the market for new surrounds /component speakers running an Alpine series they are about 2-3 yrs old new and are starting to show their age
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chaman
How would these rainbow speakers work with the stock amp??? Just curious...
I consider it a total waste to power rainbows with a monsoon amp or the head unit amp. You will most likely end up destroying an awesome set of speakers.