Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing front door panel speakers..2ohm

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing front door panel speakers..2ohm

I bought some Infinity kappa 2ohm speakers for the front doors. Will I have to follow the instructions in the FAQ on upgrading the monsoon system? I was under the impression that was only for speakers that are 4ohm. 2ohm speakers should be plug-n-play correct?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Staging Lane

ttt anybody?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

It should if your using the stock deck... 4ohm sound better as 2ohm makes more noise but not as clear.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Staging Lane

From my experience, yes. I actually stuck in some 4 ohm speakers without any adjustments and I've had no problems (yet). I'm adding a 4 channel amp soon to fix that problem, though. Anyways ya you should be fine hooking them up directly. Good luck!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Proximo
I bought some Infinity kappa 2ohm speakers for the front doors. Will I have to follow the instructions in the FAQ on upgrading the monsoon system? I was under the impression that was only for speakers that are 4ohm. 2ohm speakers should be plug-n-play correct?
You should have no prob.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Guys - I think he's talking about the instructions where you cut apart the tweeter from the woofer, turning a coaxial speaker into components so that he can run all 4 wires in the doors. Just because your speakers are 2 ohms does not mean they will be plug and play - HOWEVER, the model you have probably is since they are coaxially mounted components -- you purchased the Infinity Kappa 62.7i's, correct? --then the fact that they have 4 terminals (due to being component speakers) makes them a more "plug & play" replacement.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fredmr39
Guys - I think he's talking about the instructions where you cut apart the tweeter from the woofer, turning a coaxial speaker into components so that he can run all 4 wires in the doors. Just because your speakers are 2 ohms does not mean they will be plug and play - HOWEVER, the model you have probably is since they are coaxially mounted components -- you purchased the Infinity Kappa 62.7i's, correct? --then the fact that they have 4 terminals (due to being component speakers) makes them a more "plug & play" replacement.
Yeah, the wiring was no problem. Putting the door panel back on, however. It's still not seated entirely correctly.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

Originally Posted by Proximo
Yeah, the wiring was no problem. Putting the door panel back on, however. It's still not seated entirely correctly.
Just did my panels the other day easy as ****, whats the prob?
Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kage
Just did my panels the other day easy as ****, whats the prob?
People who take the time to understand how the door is attached have no problems. If you just start pulling, etc....you will break clips and stuff. So most likely if you are having problems with the doors - the previous owner has been inside of them and made a mess. Whoever said their door doesn't seat well now - you would be amazed how smooth and easy it is to removed and replace a door that hasn't been tampered with.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

People who take the time to understand how the door is attached have no problems. If you just start pulling, etc....you will break clips and stuff. So most likely if you are having problems with the doors - the previous owner has been inside of them and made a mess. Whoever said their door doesn't seat well now - you would be amazed how smooth and easy it is to removed and replace a door that hasn't been tampered with.
WTF are you talking about i didn't have a brob with door panels. LOLzzz!!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kage
WTF are you talking about i didn't have a brob with door panels. LOLzzz!!!!!
I never said you did.

You asked what his problem was with them, so I was sharing what might be the problem. Every single time I have removed a door panel on a new car or a car that hasn't been tampered with, it is cake. Whenever someone asks me to do work and they have attempted it or a previous owner has been in there, that is the only time it is a bitch sometimes to get things to line up properly because they are careless in their work.

So, you must know what you're doing with your doors -- while the previous owner of whoever was having problems did not. That was the point I was trying to make.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool

I never said you did.

You asked what his problem was with them, so I was sharing what might be the problem. Every single time I have removed a door panel on a new car or a car that hasn't been tampered with, it is cake. Whenever someone asks me to do work and they have attempted it or a previous owner has been in there, that is the only time it is a bitch sometimes to get things to line up properly because they are careless in their work.

So, you must know what you're doing with your doors -- while the previous owner of whoever was having problems did not. That was the point I was trying to make.
Gotcha my bad.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Staging Lane

Welp, I got the panel seated correctly now. I looked at the write-up on this page: http://shbox.com/page/windowmotor.html and it was cake.

The Kappa 62.7i's didn't need any modification, and they sound great as well. Thanks for your help guys.