Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to highjack, but I could use a bit of help too. I also had an "express down" module installed (as seen on Franker's site). After I installed the AutoTrix kit, I get nothing. The relays click when I press down, but nothing happens. Then the inline fuse blows when pressing up. Everything seems to be wired correctly. I'm sure there is something I am overlooking. Electrical projects are not my forte in the slightest. Have any idea why this may happen?

Last edited by McCauleyWB; 02-10-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did the !express down module mod and my windows seem to go up and down faster
Old 02-10-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

When you have the BFranker Mod installed you will need to install our kit between the switches and the express down module not between the module and the motor. You will leave the module hooked up to the wires going to the motor like they are and us the wires coming from the module in place.

I hope that makes sense.

Keep in mind that the factory module creates a small voltage drop in order to detect if the window is down so if your motor is already experiencing stops while rolling up or down, the kit will most likely not boost the juice enough to get it going again. However, after you install a new motor, everything will function great for quite some time.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gnomee
Are you trying to install OUR Express down module?
No, I was using the Brent Franker install for the express down module. I installed the Auto Trix first using their instructions from the website. I've since noticed that your instructions for the express down mod are quite different from his. I've pretty much given up on adding the module, I just want my windows to work again.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Teching In

When you have the BFranker Mod installed you will need to install our kit between the switches and the express down module not between the module and the motor. You will leave the module hooked up to the wires going to the motor like they are and us the wires coming from the module in place.
That seemed to have been my issue. My window is back to going up and down...much quicker might a add. The kit works great! Thanks.

That being said, I still don't have my express down feature. The module is still wired in though. I think I'll try another just to be sure I don't have a bad unit before I give up on it.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

The factory stile module should work if you put it in between the motor and the kit. There have been several people in the past comment that they had it working fine.

Good Luck Guys!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

The factory stile module should work if you put it in between the motor and the kit. There have been several people in the past comment that they had it working fine.

Good Luck Guys!
Is that why you show the module being mounted in the pass. kick panel? I was wondering why you had it way over there.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone have a link to the instructions on the install? I bought mine a while back, hoping to install it soon! Just need some instructions first.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

The instructions link is printed on the sticker located on the front of the package.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The instructions link is printed on the sticker located on the front of the package.
That is the one I'm looking for. I don't have that bag with the sticker anymore. Was looking for the instructions all over the autotrix site, but no cigar. I must be looking in the wrong spot.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Here you go.

http://www.autotrix.net/windowfix.html
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Default same issue

Gnomee - I just sent you a PM I'm having the same issues as the OP but my windows were working find I just wanted to install the PS express down kit to be proactive and now that I put everything back the way it was my window only goes down??????
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

PM Answered.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm having a problem as well. I installed my kit when I had the ENTIRE interior out, dash and all. I ran the power wire in the main harness over to the driver side, through the firewall, under the strut tower with the hood latch cable, and to the power for the fuse box, which shouldn't be a problem. I ran the ground to the stud where the dash mounts on the passenger side. The window works, but is VERY slow. I don't have to help it anymore, but it will still stop once or twice on the way up. The kick though is the driver side doesn't work AT ALL. I hear a click under the dash somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out what it is. I'm guessing the motor needs to be replaced on the passenger side and it was just to far gone for the Autotrix kit to fix it, and I'm also guessing it still workings because of the kick, but the driver side doesn't work because of something else. Any help here? I don't have a problem doing the same thing on the driver side, as well as I don't have a problem replacing the motors. It'll get done either way, but I just want my driver side to work and the passenger to be faster for now. Anybody know what could be causing the driver side to not work? I'm guessing there completely independent of each other with the kit, but I'm not 100%. BTW, the passenger works using the driver side switch as well as the passenger, but nothing on the driver side. I'm also having a problem with the locks if that could be related. The buttons will unlock, but not lock. I press lock and I get 3 chimes (or beeps or whatever you wanna call it). It will unlock AND lock with the remote as well. Could this just be something with the switch, or perhaps the wiring of something? I'm completely dumbfounded, and thats kinda unusual. I'm usually pretty good when it comes to electronics and trouble shooting.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

It does sound like you need a new passenger window.

If you are hearing a click under the dash, I would check out the express down module. You can go here www.autotrix.net/install and look at the install instructions for the driver side express down. Step 20 shows you where it is. If you jump the wires shown there, the window should work if the module was causing it not to.

From the factory the car will not allow you to lock the doors if the key is in the ignition. You are hearing that chime because you have your key in the iginition. Take it out and it will lock the doors

Hope that helps you out.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

It does sound like you need a new passenger window.

If you are hearing a click under the dash, I would check out the express down module. You can go here www.autotrix.net/install and look at the install instructions for the driver side express down. Step 20 shows you where it is. If you jump the wires shown there, the window should work if the module was causing it not to.

From the factory the car will not allow you to lock the doors if the key is in the ignition. You are hearing that chime because you have your key in the iginition. Take it out and it will lock the doors

Hope that helps you out.
Thanks man! I really appriciate the help. Maybe you could also help me figure out why my fog lights won't come on? When I flip the switch the come on for a split second and then off (the blinkers are also VERY slow). I seems to that it started after all the wiring, but at the same time when I had the interior out, relocating the battery, etc, I also added Export taillights and HID in the highs and lows.

Really? I never noticed that...I was just testing everything when I put the interior back in after all the wiring (stereo, removed all wires related to stock amp, HU, steering wheel controls, etc, removed all wires for airbags, yada yada) and noticed that it wouldn't lock.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well the fog lights are something I have not messed with, I would imagine it is a simple circuit but if it goes through the headlight switch there could be an issue there.

As for the slow blinkers, you might try replacing the flasher.

I've actually had people install the kit and then tell me it broke there locks LOL.. You don't try to lock your car with the key in the ignition very often so the feature goes un-noticed.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the fog lights are something I have not messed with, I would imagine it is a simple circuit but if it goes through the headlight switch there could be an issue there.

As for the slow blinkers, you might try replacing the flasher.

I've actually had people install the kit and then tell me it broke there locks LOL.. You don't try to lock your car with the key in the ignition very often so the feature goes un-noticed.
Yea, I knew the kit didn't do anything to it, I was just worried I screwed something up in the wiring while I was in the harness since its kinda hard to tell what your doing when theres no power to test it with...

I'm still scratching my head on the fog lights, but I can live without them for a little while. As long as everything else works like the windows, I'm fine...
Old 04-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

I just finished installing the kit and my results are the same as before
I double checked all my wiring against the diagram in the instructions and everything looks to be good.
I connected everything back up, put the key into accessory, hit the switch and the relay clicked almost immediately. One clicked trying to lower it and the other trying to raise. After double checking everything I decided to turn the car on to see if there would be any difference in voltage and that time it operated just the same as before the mod. I would hit the switch and the window would go really slow an inch or two then stop, and the relays would then click if I tried to run the window. Then I would let it sit some time and run again. Same result, move a bit then stop again, To get the window up all the way I would have to hit the switch and pull up on the glass to get it all the way up.

Does it sound like the kit is fine and the motor is due for replacement?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kagato
I just finished installing the kit and my results are the same as before
I double checked all my wiring against the diagram in the instructions and everything looks to be good.
I connected everything back up, put the key into accessory, hit the switch and the relay clicked almost immediately. One clicked trying to lower it and the other trying to raise. After double checking everything I decided to turn the car on to see if there would be any difference in voltage and that time it operated just the same as before the mod. I would hit the switch and the window would go really slow an inch or two then stop, and the relays would then click if I tried to run the window. Then I would let it sit some time and run again. Same result, move a bit then stop again, To get the window up all the way I would have to hit the switch and pull up on the glass to get it all the way up.

Does it sound like the kit is fine and the motor is due for replacement?
Motor needs to be replaced. If it moves whatsoever, the kit is fine and installed properly. Mine did the same after I installed the kit and once I replaced the motor, it was all good.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Autotrix passenger pwr window mod