Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

I really hate ups

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 08:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really hate ups

So I come home last night from work excited to play with my new Alpine IVA-W205 because it said on the tracking that it was delivered only to find out there is no package. I talk to my mother, who works out of our home, and she says nothing was ever delivered. I call ups and they say they left it on the door step, which is a blatant lie since my dog has the most sensitive hearing in the world, and would have barked her *** off like she usually does when anybody enters my patio area by the front door. I tell ups that that is impossible since somebody was home and guy would have been heard, and the lady tells me that there is nothing that they can do so I need to take it up with the company that I purchased the item from so they can start an investigation. I think the funny thing about the situation is that about a week ago they refused to leave a $300 amp at my door, but supposedly left an $800 HU on my door.

UPS, in my area at least, has really been going to **** lately.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPS has been a POS for a LOOOOOONG time.

i live right off a pretty busy road, and those stupid ******* will leave packages sitting on the top rail of my deck in the front of the house, in plain view of anyone driving by, instead of hiding it down low out of sight behind the latticework

and i've lost count of the number of times i barely hear a single, light *tap* on the front door (and i usually only hear it then because i can hear the diesel engine as they pull up, and i'm expecting a delivery)....i'll get up to go answer it (it only takes about 5 - 6 seconds to get to the door), and by the time i open the door up, those bastards are already hauling *** down the road.....
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

It's easy enough to fix...just ask the vendor to check off the "Signature Required" box on the shipping label. Then they can't just drop it off unless someone signs for it. Of course, that's a pain if you're not home when it gets delivered.

I always have anything valuable delivered at work.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It's easy enough to fix...just ask the vendor to check off the "Signature Required" box on the shipping label. Then they can't just drop it off unless someone signs for it.
you underestimate the stupidity of many UPS drivers in this area.....

Of course, that's a pain if you're not home when it gets delivered.
exactly.

really, all it takes is a UPS driver who actually gives a **** about anyone other than themselves. they're so busy worrying about trying to empty their truck as fast as is humanly possible to even consider the amount of time and/or money they could cost someone else by leaving a package out in plain sight. and it wouldn't even take any extra time to hide it, either.....just leave it on the floor of the deck instead of on the top rail....absolutely no extra time involved, whatsoever.

i seriously think that they're either braindead, or they really want people's **** to get stolen....either way, they're still *********
Old 11-28-2007, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

It's easy enough to fix...just ask the vendor to check off the "Signature Required" box on the shipping label. Then they can't just drop it off unless someone signs for it. Of course, that's a pain if you're not home when it gets delivered.

I always have anything valuable delivered at work.
I always have anything valuable delivered to my home because there is always someone there, and even if they dont knock and just leave the package, my front door is in a recessed patio area so they have to enter the patio and whoever is home will hear them. Thats why I dont believe for a minute that they delivered it and someone took it. I think they either lost it, driver kept it, or they delivered it somewhere else.

But in the mean time I am waiting for a reply from the vendor who is suppose to contact ups.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
you underestimate the stupidity of many UPS drivers in this area.....
I know what you mean...anytime you make something foolproof, they just come up with a better fool.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

or, "Whoever makes something 'idiotproof' underestimates the power of idiots"

Glad our UPS driver is great guy. It is just the monkeys in between I always wonder about.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

I have a great delivery man that I am on a first name basis with and always hides my **** really well..... He's got a zr1!!!

But yeah man have had terrible experiences in the past. You think UPS is bad? Try DHL.

The thing I don't like about UPS is how much those bastards make........... Low pay for full time driver is 50k plus.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
But yeah man have had terrible experiences in the past. You think UPS is bad? Try DHL.
now THAT ain't no ****, there.

as much as i hate UPS, DHL is about 1000x worse.

one time, a package got delivered to me via DHL (didn't have a choice in the matter). well, someone stole the street sign off our street, and they said they couldn't find the street to deliver it....so they took it back to the dispatch office and held it there. when i called them back about it, they said "yeah, we have it here, you can come pick it up", so i told them "ok, i'll be by there later today, keep it there for me".

later that same day, i drive down to the DHL office to pick it up, and what happens? they say that it's already back on the way to the Houston office! and that was only after about 45 minutes of those retarded monkeys trying to make heads or tails out of their own tracking system!

i had left a valid phone number when i placed the order (which is how they contacted me in the first place to tell me they couldn't find the street).....so why couldn't they have simply called me when the driver couldn't find the street so i could explain to them how to get to my street? or even better yet, how about actually **gasp** LOOKING AT A ******* MAP?

i've only had two items delivered via DHL, and both times, they fucked it up. if i know ahead of time that a particular company uses DHL for their shipping company (and doesn't offer any alternative), i will order elsewhere, even if the item is more expensive at another place.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

really, all it takes is a UPS driver who actually gives a **** about anyone other than themselves. they're so busy worrying about trying to empty their truck as fast as is humanly possible to even consider the amount of time and/or money they could cost someone else by leaving a package out in plain sight. and it wouldn't even take any extra time to hide it, either.....just leave it on the floor of the deck instead of on the top rail....absolutely no extra time involved, whatsoever.

i seriously think that they're either braindead, or they really want people's **** to get stolen....either way, they're still *********
I've worked at UPS for 12.5 years now, and while they do leave some packages out, it's not like they have the time or the responsibility to looking for a "suitable" hiding place. Management puts an incredible amount of work onto drivers, especially now in peak season. (Day after Thanksgiving till Christmas is Peak.) With drivers they overburden them with stops and virtually no help. If the average driver can complete 150 stops in an 6 hour span, then the last 2 hours they pick up at businesses, they will bump it up to 225 stops in that 6 hours. Honestly, drivers don't have the time to wait 1-2 minutes at each stop for somebody to get to the door and sign the DIAD board. I bet you NEVER see a UPS driver walking. You run from your truck, drop the parcel off, run back to your truck and motor on out.

Best thing you can do to get your **** safe is to ship it to a business or directly to the UPS Customer Counter at your local hub/center. I simply intercept mine when it hits the hub.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SweeTbone
I've worked at UPS for 12.5 years now, and while they do leave some packages out, it's not like they have the time or the responsibility to looking for a "suitable" hiding place.
they don't have to "look" for a suitable hiding place. two sides of my deck are enclosed with 3-foot tall latticework with a top rail, and a third side is enclosed by the house itself....it doesn't take any more time to leave it on the floor vs. the top rail.

it just pisses me off that instead of leaving it down on the floor of the deck, hidden by the latticework, they just set it up on the top rail for anyone/everyone driving by to see it. if i happened to not be at home during the time they dropped the package off, anyone could easily see it up there, stop right next to my house, run up and grab it, then drive off in about 15 seconds. if it was down on the floor where it should be left, someone would have to be REALLY looking for it (as in, already up to mischief to begin with, poking their nose where it shouldn't be) to find it.

and to be honest, i don't really give a **** about the pressure that UPS management puts onto their drivers. that's part of the reason they get paid so well. all it takes is a bit of common sense and the will to actually give a **** about something other than themselves. i'm not saying that you're like that, or that all of them are like that, but most of the ones around here are.

i work at a call center, and we have times that it gets busy as ****, and i get pissed off & frustrated enough to choke the **** out of some of the people that call me sometimes.....but i still don't take it out on them, because that's my job, that's what i'm getting paid (pretty well, to boot) for doing. i conduct myself profesionally when i'm talking to a customer, even if they're the most stupid, annoying piece of **** on the face of the earth.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

i work at a call center, and we have times that it gets busy as ****, and i get pissed off & frustrated enough to choke the **** out of some of the people that call me sometimes.....but i still don't take it out on them, because that's my job, that's what i'm getting paid (pretty well, to boot) for doing. i conduct myself profesionally when i'm talking to a customer, even if they're the most stupid, annoying piece of **** on the face of the earth.
Been there done that man.........It could cause a man to drink. No lie.

I honestly think if I would have talked to Einstein over a phone even he would have asked some stupid *** question that only requires a smidgen of common sense to answer. Pretty sure the phone combined with a computer lowers the average person's IQ like 20 points.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats funny, i am waiting for my alpine cda-9887, its supposed to come today.
i just tracked at it says '' Your package has experienced an exception. ''
what does that **** supposed to mean.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Teching In

sweettbone, anyone who has not done this job will never understand the pressure that is put on us. i have been with fedex express for 4 years now and i agree if i had to wait and extra couple of minutes at every stop it would suck. the pressure on all of us couriers to get freight out is always increasing. latley they have been on us about increasing our stops per hour lol. we always try to get a signature but we will release a package if it is in a safe place at a residence.