Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

In Dash DVD Screen?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Dash DVD Screen?

Does one exist? A kit maybe? Or would the work all have to be custom and expensive

I'm looking for an in dash dvd touch screen, not on thats motorized in any way. I want a nice clean look.

I can't find any or any kits, which kinda pisses me off cuz theres tons of options for vettes.....

anybody have any ideas???
Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can make a custom bezel yourself! I did for my car. I cut away the button part of the bezel and bondoed the unit to look smooth. I covered the whole thing in simulated grey leather to match the stock interior.

Here is a link to my mini work log

http://www.armorysound.com/forumsadv...hread.php?t=34

If you decide to do it, let me know I can try and walk you through it if you need!

I was going to make a guide on how to do it, but I just can't find the time.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

I installed a 4.3 inch dvd screen in my 98 TA. No cutting or any major modifications. If you want to know where to look..... look up Innovateck DVD for cars. Thats what I installed and works like a charm. I even installed the TV antenna and makes it complete.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
You can make a custom bezel yourself! I did for my car. I cut away the button part of the bezel and bondoed the unit to look smooth. I covered the whole thing in simulated grey leather to match the stock interior.

If you decide to do it, let me know I can try and walk you through it if you need!

Awesome work.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phantomzer0

That does look really good. I know they sell those head units at Best Buy but I wonder if they'd have the same materials to install it for me if I were to, ohh, buy myself a nice Christmas present.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks awesome. I wish i had a DVD player in my car, bc sometimes i get bored sitting there and me and my GF could watch some movies . Nice setup man, is there alot of wiring involved in that?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick
That looks awesome. I wish i had a DVD player in my car, bc sometimes i get bored sitting there and me and my GF could watch some movies . Nice setup man, is there alot of wiring involved in that?
Nope! The wiring is the same as a regular head-unit. The only extra wires are for the navigation, which is just an antenna.
Old 12-11-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

damn this website......im gonna have to do the bezel for my car.....its looks sweet. as long as i give my new pioneer cd player to my old lady she wont mind me buying another one with a tv screen...he he....