Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Best Amp and Stealthbox Sub Combo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebird71
By notched, you mean the hole that the sub fits into needs to be routed out and made bigger, right? I think that once you get it in there, the magnet should clear fine because the RE SE10 only requires a 6" depth while the stealthbox gives you 9" of depth. I don't know if that takes into account the movement of the magnet when it hits though.

I JUST did this to my box. I had to notch out the first step on the inside of the box and a little bit on the ring. It was a tight fit but once you shave a little off it fits right in. The parts you need to watch out for are the 6.5" wide magnet and the little bars right below the rubber where the screws pass. It's a tight fit like I said before but with a little shaving it'll fit fine.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a powerbass S10 in my trunk. it hits good and sounds awesome. its no 15" but its perfect for what i need
Old 08-09-2009, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

amp: alpine mrpm500
sub: either sws1023 type s woofer or swr1022 type r woofer
Personally i have the type r with the mrpm500 and its a perfect amoutn of bass
Old 08-10-2009, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my old setup was an Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC 10 with an MTX Class D mono 400W RMS amp in a wooden stealth box. now i have the Bass Slammer Composite box from Crutchfield. it 's a bit pricey but has WAY more volume than the MDF boxes because it has smooth corners and it's not as thcik. so outer dimensions are the same but inner is larger. i filled the box with Polyfill to simulate a larger box as well. right now i have a JL Audio 10W6V2 with a JL Audio 500/1 V1 amp recessed into the back seats. makes the back seats more uncomfortable but let's face it. not very plush seating back there so a little stiffer wouldn't be any worse. i'll post pics later. i highly recommend JL Audio.

Quick Reply: Best Amp and Stealthbox Sub Combo.