Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

MAD Racing and Arizen Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAD Racing and Arizen Racing seats

Has anyone tried the MAD racing seats? they look identical to the Arizen's but are $220 cheaper. Actually i think the MAD seats ARE the old Arizen seats or Yonaka Motorsports Seats.

Arizen leathers - $670 Shipped w/ Double locking sliders
MAD leathers - $450 shipped with universal sliders

**EDIT: MAD Racing = Yonaka motorsports seats, they both dont have lumbar support... arizens have lumbar.. Is lumbar worth $200?

Old Arizens -

MAD Racing -

New Arizens -

Last edited by madmaxz; 07-30-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually i think the MAD seats ARE the old Arizen seats or Yonaka Motorsports Seats.

I would agree..I found Arizen about 10 months ago and have been stalling....I think they make or whoever makes them makes a very good seat...Im almost certin Im going in that direction...

Im looking at them to match my stock "Neutral" interior..so the seats look stock.....
Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

yeah you can get any color from Arizen's website.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

I just ordered a set of black leather mad racing seats. I haven't installed them in my car yet but this is my impression of them:

1. Leather is real leather good-high quality, way better than stock leather. Pretty close to quality of my Acura TSX leather.
2. Im a 34 waist, the butt support feels just a little tight and might get annoying on long rides.
3. The shoulder support is as good as stock, which means no shoulder support in my opinion. I'll be using harnesses anyway eventually so no biggie to me.
4. They are just a tad bit wobbly and don't feel extremely solid but for 200 a piece I'll take those small hits.
5. Universal sliders are cheap. I don't know how they will work when I sit in them, but they probably won't feel that amazing

Things like how well the seats hold up will take time to figure out and actually how comfortable they are on longer rides. They aren't like extremely high quality amazing, but you get what you pay for and 200 a piece you can't beat.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Launching!

here are some pics. They are the mad racing seats. There are some guys that have them on here. I am pleased with them.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, never heard of em.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I just f***ed up big time......... I have the Arizen Brackets, the MRC seats, and the MRC universal sliders.

I was planning on doing things in this order:

1. Attach sliders to brackets

2. Attach sliders with brackets to seats

3. Install seats into car

When I tried 2, I stripped the hole attaching the rails to the seats after I twisted the head off of the bolt that the rails come with. I'm beyond pissed. I'm not sure if it was because I should have first attached the rails to the seats, then to the brackets, or if the Arizen brackets really don't line up the rails with the seats.

So I don't know what I'm going to do now.... I've slowly thrown away large amounts of my money by making stupid mistakes. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I am not good with fixing stripped bolt holes

I just spent 3 weeks trying to drill out a stripped strut torx bolt, and got some swaybar brackets box welded only to find one doesnt line up correctly wtih my chassis.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:14 PM
Launching!

that sux dude.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I just f***ed up big time......... I have the Arizen Brackets, the MRC seats, and the MRC universal sliders.

I was planning on doing things in this order:

1. Attach sliders to brackets

2. Attach sliders with brackets to seats

3. Install seats into car

When I tried 2, I stripped the hole attaching the rails to the seats after I twisted the head off of the bolt that the rails come with. I'm beyond pissed. I'm not sure if it was because I should have first attached the rails to the seats, then to the brackets, or if the Arizen brackets really don't line up the rails with the seats.

So I don't know what I'm going to do now.... I've slowly thrown away large amounts of my money by making stupid mistakes. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? I am not good with fixing stripped bolt holes

I just spent 3 weeks trying to drill out a stripped strut torx bolt, and got some swaybar brackets box welded only to find one doesnt line up correctly wtih my chassis.
Well, the bolts that come with our factory seats are the same size as the aftermarket ones... Not sure what the hell you can do with that piece of information but figured I'd throw it out there.

Here's my offering of options:

1) Drill it out, re-tap it MAJOR PITA...

2) Drill it out, use a new bolt and a nut on the other side... MEDIUM PITA...

3) Cut it out (dremel) use a new bolt and washer/flat piece of steel to press against the huge hole... GHETTO...

4) Leave it the hell alone, find a place on the seat right below it or above it, drill a new hole, drill a corresponding hole in the sliders, put a bolt and nut through it and be done with it
Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 PM
Banned

Oh, here's my Mad Racing seats:

I just added my own lumbar for under $20 ! KANDY SS said Arizen lumbar kind of sucks anyways...

Here's my write-up (the cheap lumbar how-to is in there as well):

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/640253-how-install-aftermarket-mad-racing-arizen-recaro-seats-factory-rails.html
Old 02-04-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I have no clue how any of you guys got the MRC universal sliders bolted onto the seats. I must be doing something wrong. It's extremely hard to move the slider with your hand to get clearance to the bolt holes. The cheap *** sliders are all seized in certain areas. YOu have to hammer/bend the little prongs so you can fit the bar onto the sliders.

I'm this close to making brackets and using my stock sliders, which means waste of money buying the Arizen Brackets. This whole thing is getting to be re-god-damn-diculous. I am taking a break for another day so I don't break anything else getting pissed.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I have no clue how any of you guys got the MRC universal sliders bolted onto the seats. I must be doing something wrong. It's extremely hard to move the slider with your hand to get clearance to the bolt holes. The cheap *** sliders are all seized in certain areas. YOu have to hammer/bend the little prongs so you can fit the bar onto the sliders.

I'm this close to making brackets and using my stock sliders, which means waste of money buying the Arizen Brackets. This whole thing is getting to be re-god-damn-diculous. I am taking a break for another day so I don't break anything else getting pissed.

My MRC sliders slid real easily... Are yours maybe not greased? Too bad you don't live close, I'd just trade you my stock rails and adapter brackets for you Arizen brackets
Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Banned

whoa dude check out those ******* seats

you get two more tenths of second off your sick racing 1/4 mile time with those super nice seats?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by is300lex
whoa dude check out those ******* seats

you get two more tenths of second off your sick racing 1/4 mile time with those super nice seats?
lol, I take it this guy got banned already looking at the caption? I love the internet. I'll answer his question seriously though.

I haven't even been to the 1/4 mile yet so I wouldn't know, just autox and the speedway. And I'm sure the seats won't shave much off my 1/4 mile times anyway, but I didn't buy them for 1/4 mile time improvement. I bought them to have a decent cheap seat that provides better support for racing. Which it only appears to have better support lower down and not as much shoulder support unfortunately, but that's what racing harnesses are for.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey whats the difference in the MRC sliders & Arizen brackets got a side by side comparison pic???
Old 02-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Launching!

well the universal bracket was a pita. The bracket and the bolt were too damn close. and as far as the sliders go. One was really greased up while the other was bone dry.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a pita lol so you would go with the other right? another thing these fit directly in with the other brackets right? i mean they line up with the factory holes in the body or what??
Old 02-05-2007, 04:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CULATR
hey whats the difference in the MRC sliders & Arizen brackets got a side by side comparison pic???
All of the seats (MRC, Arizen, Recaro, etc...) come with universal sliders...

Arizen brackets are brackets that bolt to universal sliders and then bolt to the floor of whatever car the Arizen brackets are made for.

I did not use them at all, I made mounting plates which allowed me to mount the factory rails to the seats.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DEMONBIRD
All of the seats (MRC, Arizen, Recaro, etc...) come with universal sliders...

Arizen brackets are brackets that bolt to universal sliders and then bolt to the floor of whatever car the Arizen brackets are made for.

I did not use them at all, I made mounting plates which allowed me to mount the factory rails to the seats.
But do they?

When I attached the sliders to the brackets, and then tried to attach the bracket/slider combo to the seats, the holes dont line up properly between the slider and the seat.

I am trying a different approach with the seat that I didn't strip the threads underneath, and so far I'm struggling to get the sliders to mount up to the seats, never mind attach the bracket afterward.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Restricted User - Non Spon Soliciting

hmmm...

I bought my seats from arizen and the brackets/sliders. They installed in 20 min, but I did drill the holes out so the door wouldn't hit them as much.

Quick Reply: MAD Racing and Arizen Racing seats