Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Waste of money? opinions or experiences wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Waste of money? opinions or experiences wanted

back when i was really really big into imports, they had this thing called the N2cooler, for those of u not firmilar with it its a oval shapped bar that goes in front of your intercooler and sprays supercooled nitrous onto it, supposed cooling ur intake charge air by like 40+ degrees. anyone ever try this over here? im goign to be putting my turbo on a stock block and im goign to push it to its limits, so i was wondering if this might be a good way to make some extra power and keep it safe, sort of like putting in race gas or meth.... or u can say its the stupidest idea in the world, haha
Old 07-23-2006, 11:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it would work at the track but would not be practical for everyday driving.. i would think doing meth injection would give you enough cooling action while also increasing octaine rating and is a more conventional way of acheving what you want.
Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

I think the way to go if you want colder IATs is a A2W setup w/ ice
Old 07-24-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

would meth be as reliable as the nitrous cooler? i dotn know how reliable meth is...... also the kit is only like 200 something bucks, and easy to installa nd looks pretty cool, i would only use it when i need to raise the boost alittle when i need that extra speed
Old 07-24-2006, 05:31 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
would meth be as reliable as the nitrous cooler? i dotn know how reliable meth is...... also the kit is only like 200 something bucks, and easy to installa nd looks pretty cool, i would only use it when i need to raise the boost alittle when i need that extra speed
I would imagine it is only $200.00 if you already have a nitrous tank and all the plumbing. We have found nitrous coolers to be pretty effective, although you tend to go through a lot of nitrous. You'll go through far less nitrous by just using a very small shot of it into the airstream just ahead of the throttle body. This will cool the IAT's dramatically, and will give you a much better return in performance for the amount of nitrous used. Bob
Old 07-24-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I would imagine it is only $200.00 if you already have a nitrous tank and all the plumbing. We have found nitrous coolers to be pretty effective, although you tend to go through a lot of nitrous. You'll go through far less nitrous by just using a very small shot of it into the airstream just ahead of the throttle body. This will cool the IAT's dramatically, and will give you a much better return in performance for the amount of nitrous used. Bob
ya id agree if you rgoing to use nitrous, just inject a little shot in the intake to cool things down and give a power gain, more cost effective IMO.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:29 PM
11 Second Club

yes meth is reliable. a few sponsors have kits for our cars...i would check them out.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:08 PM
11 Second Truck Club

not to mention, I have heard that alot of tracks don't allow it due to the condensation created on the IC dripping on the track...
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
I think meth is more reliable
Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

meth will work great. N2O is a great cooler and spraying into your intake gives you both the power form, the N2O and the power from the cooling effect!

i dont like thoes intercooler sprayers! much proffer cramming the intercooler with ice or dry ice the take the heat away from it! also it will get hot agian very quickly!!!

thanks Chris.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
I think meth is more reliable

Especially if some of the nitrous from the "cooler" gets sucked into the intake(on accendent). I think I've seen a video of an Honda munching a piston becuase the jackasses running the dyno wanted to "cool" down the intercooler. Funny as ****!!

Go meth or spray it into the intake. It's wrong to waste good gas!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
++++1
Old 07-25-2006, 02:53 PM
11 Second Truck Club

ok you guys...what about this instead...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/543886-pre-ic-nitrous-injection.html
Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Resident

i say if you were to do the n2ocooller i would spray co2 instead of nitrous just for economic reasons. carbon dioxide is alot cheaper than nitrous.
then again if your looking at this senario from an economic standpoint meth injection is hands down the better choice from the money standpoint and power produced

Quick Reply: Waste of money? opinions or experiences wanted