Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

sts dyno!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sts dyno!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamometer-results-comparisons/653749-sts-dyno-results.html

big thanks to rick @ synergy motorsports!! this is the first time my car has been running good in a long time!! also, i want to thank billy @ TRT for getting sts to fix my turbo!! after almost 2 months, they finally fixed it!!

Last edited by RooRnZ28; 02-06-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats!

bet your glad you didn't give up on it all when things were getting frustrating.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
10 Second Club

hell yea dude!! its a totally different car!! i cant believe i was gonna take this thing off.... what was i thinking!?!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I was telling you Johnny. I'm glad you were patient to see the end result.
Now, its time to just enjoy. Glad I could help.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

im glad you didnt tear that car apart and TRT has awesome customer service man, they've fixed my BOV 3 times and didt charge me for it. now its time too BOOST off and have fun in that thing
Old 02-06-2007, 10:50 PM
10 Second Club

yea, after reading all of those " i hate sts....." and "sts sucks" this and that, those people have never driven an sts car! this is my first boosted setup, before i drove it with a hotcam untuned, and before that it was stock internals with every bolt on possible..... and the STS takes the cake! there is nothing better than hearing that turbo spool up!!! oh and for all that "longtubes reduce your spool time" crap..... i have Jet Hots and unwrapped exhaust with no cats, and my turbo starts spoolin when i touch the gas..... i can hear it!!! and by 3000 rpms, i can feel the boost launch the car!! some words of advice for potential STS buyers.... DONT LET THE HATERS FOOL YOU!! experience it for yourself!! one thing though is my tranny's days are limited....
Old 02-06-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And the fun begins....I'm sure the rear isn't loving life right now either!! Enjoy the ride.

By the way, what kind of tires are you running? Are you getting any traction at all?
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

well right now i have toyo proxes that are still fairly good, and my boost controller is set to 5psi.... so traction isnt too bad. but any WOT blast and they just spin. when set at 8psi.... no traction.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

time for some MT!!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr_president
time for some MT!!
along with the goodbye for the clutch....... ha ha im in that boat right now

strangest thing though, the stocker held up through 480rwhp forever when i got the new cam, she just stopped...... weird huh
Old 02-07-2007, 08:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FWIW I'm using a Spec stage 3. It's been holding up well, and has a good pedal feel. Very close to stock feel.

I'm on Nitto 555's (not the drag radial), and these things can't hold traction for anything!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Argh!!! I'm so close...my heart starts beating faster when I read how your car feels when you drove it for the 1st time! I WANT THAT RIGHT NOW!! I should be finishing it up on Sunday and then doing the finishing touches next week before the dyno tune by TRT. I can't imagine what you went through not having the car for over 5 months though!!! At least mine has only been down for about 6 weeks. I can only imagine how great it's going to feel when I step on the gas and hear that thing spool up!!...Damn!!!, I could use a cigarette now ...
Old 02-07-2007, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet! Now its time to have fun!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pdanrichey
Argh!!! I'm so close...my heart starts beating faster when I read how your car feels when you drove it for the 1st time! I WANT THAT RIGHT NOW!! I should be finishing it up on Sunday and then doing the finishing touches next week before the dyno tune by TRT. I can't imagine what you went through not having the car for over 5 months though!!! At least mine has only been down for about 6 weeks. I can only imagine how great it's going to feel when I step on the gas and hear that thing spool up!!...Damn!!!, I could use a cigarette now ...
yeah, its a rush no doubt..... but the longer you wait the better it'll be when you actually get the car. my car was done at TRT after 3 weeks, and i went from small bolt-ons to a turbo in the rear

its nice to hear about the re-birth of another fellow STS car
Old 02-07-2007, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Default Bad ***

Yea man I got one on my z its bad ***!! I love it but my CLUTCH didnt sat nite !!!

: ooRnZ28]https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653749

big thanks to rick @ synergy motorsports!! this is the first time my car has been running good in a long time!! also, i want to thank billy @ TRT for getting sts to fix my turbo!! after almost 2 months, they finally fixed it!![/QUOTE]
Old 02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RooRnZ28
yea, after reading all of those " i hate sts....." and "sts sucks" this and that, those people have never driven an sts car! this is my first boosted setup, before i drove it with a hotcam untuned, and before that it was stock internals with every bolt on possible..... and the STS takes the cake! there is nothing better than hearing that turbo spool up!!! oh and for all that "longtubes reduce your spool time" crap..... i have Jet Hots and unwrapped exhaust with no cats, and my turbo starts spoolin when i touch the gas..... i can hear it!!! and by 3000 rpms, i can feel the boost launch the car!! some words of advice for potential STS buyers.... DONT LET THE HATERS FOOL YOU!! experience it for yourself!! one thing though is my tranny's days are limited....

That was my cam its a dam good cam. I loved it but I went bigger so yeah Im glad it work out for u now roast some rice
Old 02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can't imagine what you went through not having the car for over 5 months though!!! At least mine has only been down for about 6 weeks. I can only imagine how great it's going to feel when I step on the gas and hear that thing spool up!!...Damn!!!, I could use a cigarette now ...
5 months?....try a year and a half Ive had my 60trim sitting in the basement for so long, i sometimes forget I even have the rear mount waiting to go back into the car.

anyway, congrats on reawakening the beast. You got sum guts usin pro sportlines with an STS. Are you on stock internals? Seems more and more guys are runnin 8psi with just FMIC and not swappin heads or running meth.

Last edited by JAvenger007; 02-07-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Staging Lane

5 months?....try a year and a half
Haha, i was going to write the same thing, except its been a year and 8 months, it truly is terrible, i dont even remember what my car feels like.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

just have patience!! and before you know it, it will be all done! it was kind of a good thing that the car took longer than i expected, because it gave me time to save more money!! and the first drive is freakin awesome!! its like sex, you'll always remember your first turbo experience!!!!

Originally Posted by JAvenger007
anyway, congrats on reawakening the beast. You got sum guts usin pro sportlines with an STS. Are you on stock internals? Seems more and more guys are runnin 8psi with just FMIC and not swappin heads or running meth.
i'm actually on the pro-kit, and ground clearance isnt that bad... the worst and lowest point is the pipe that goes from the SFC pipe, under the LCA, and connects to the over the axle pipe. i have already scraped the crap out of it!! when i switch lanes on the freeway, it hits the reflectors in the road!!! my mechanic had raised it up before i took it to get tuned, but when they took the turbo off to get rebuilt, it got screwed up again! other than that, everything else seems ok! even the pipe under the k-member sits high enough...

and yes, i'm on stock internals, except for the valvetrain (pushrods, dual springs) and cam, but 6.0 heads are def in the future!!
Old 02-07-2007, 11:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another boosted LS1 in Fresno

Quick Reply: sts dyno!!