Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Cold Air Intake for 2000 Camaro SS?
SLP Cold Air Intake Kit
16.67%
SLP High flow Lid
66.67%
K & N Cold Air Intake
16.67%
Other Options?
0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2016, 12:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird Air Intake and Exhaust Guides
Print Wikipost

'00 SS Cold Air Intake ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Sorry folks for raising this old thread from the dead (I do try to use the search function after all, lol). I am looking to port/polish my TB and to get something else for the intake. Basically, I found a local guy who can tune my car and I want to do some induction upgrades before I do the tune so it does not run lean or anything crazy. Later on I plan on getting an SS hood but I have decided to get a CAI type system rather than making the SS hood functional. Hopefully this is the better path. I already have an SLP airlid. Will this hamper an CAI upgrade like say the FTRA? Or will it complement it? Or should I get the SLP CAI package that does not include the SLP airlid since I already have that. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Yes the FTRA works hand and hand with any good aftermarket air lid. Our kit is made of T304 stainless steel and will last the life of your vehicle. It will also pay for itself just from the fuel economy improvements! The kit also comes with a block off plate to disable it for crazy rain storms or just for testing. We have them in stock.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Yes the FTRA works hand and hand with any good aftermarket air lid. Our kit is made of T304 stainless steel and will last the life of your vehicle. It will also pay for itself just from the fuel economy improvements! The kit also comes with a block off plate to disable it for crazy rain storms or just for testing. We have them in stock.
hey tere sir quick question does your kit also work with your JAAM kit for the WS6 or is it one or the other? I know it may be a dumb question but I never really looked into these air induction kits before?
Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
hey tere sir quick question does your kit also work with your JAAM kit for the WS6 or is it one or the other? I know it may be a dumb question but I never really looked into these air induction kits before?
Yes it would be one of the other. The JAAM kit will only on work on factory WS6 hoods (no aftermarket ones).
Old 01-29-2016, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I run the SSRA AC version BUT I run it with no AC. Plenty of air to my lt1 radiator and big *** trans cooler. It was good for .3 at the track.
Just to get the haters going, I also run a well oiled K&N with it
Old 01-29-2016, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Toys Performance Parts
Yes it would be one of the other. The JAAM kit will only on work on factory WS6 hoods (no aftermarket ones).
ok cool and thanks for your quick response!

yes I do have a factory WS6 hood I just thought could run both the JAAM kit along with your FTRA kit for more airflow
Old 01-29-2016, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Omega Doom
ok cool and thanks for your quick response!

yes I do have a factory WS6 hood I just thought could run both the JAAM kit along with your FTRA kit for more airflow
Technically you could, but air takes the path of least resistance so if one is making more pressure than the other, the air will potentially bleed out through the source with less pressure.

We have never tested that combination together though so this is just theory at this point. If you want to try them both email us at sales@fasttoys.net and we may be able to work out a discount for you.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Launching!

SLP lid, call it a day.

Proven, lots around to snag a deal on a used one.

Fun whooshing sound too
Old 01-31-2016, 12:10 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

SLP lid, chrs1313 ram air. That's what I ran in my 01, and it could suck up a small child.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-worth-20.html

Some good info in here, let me know if I can help

Quick Reply: '00 SS Cold Air Intake ?s