Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drill tap TB for nitrous nozzle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default drill tap TB for nitrous nozzle?

I am setting up my wet nitrous kit on my 99 Z28. I am trying to decided where to plumb my nozzle in at and I have the stock accordian style bellow which I don't think its solid enough to hold a nozzle and not have the nozzle twist and turn inside it. My question is can I drill a hole in the throttle body on the very edge farthest away from the blade that I can get and tap it and thread my nozzle in there? The only thing I am worried about here would be good distribution but I am not going to spray under 2700 rpm anyway so what do you guys think?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like you said i dont think distribution would be any good. Best bet is going to be to get a smooth bellow, instead of that accordian.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

why not go into the back of the mass? thats were im plumbing mine in....
Old 10-19-2008, 06:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HotRod68Camaro
Like you said i dont think distribution would be any good. Best bet is going to be to get a smooth bellow, instead of that accordian.
Even the smooth bellows though are just a rubber or plastic and I don't think they will be rigid enough to hold the nozzle and not have it twist and spin.

The back of the MAF is not a bad idea though, I never thought of that. That would give enough distance that distribution would probably be better. Anybody think of any reasons why that would not work?
Old 10-19-2008, 07:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ttranssam
why not go into the back of the mass? thats were im plumbing mine in....
Thats were mine is located worked pretty good, has never backfired under 3k launches. plus i think you can get a maf cheaper then a TB
Old 10-19-2008, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tording99Z28
Even the smooth bellows though are just a rubber or plastic and I don't think they will be rigid enough to hold the nozzle and not have it twist and spin.
The back of the MAF is not a bad idea though, I never thought of that. That would give enough distance that distribution would probably be better. Anybody think of any reasons why that would not work?
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2719 Thats what i use though mine is in hard plastic.

I agree though the back of the MAF would be great.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:09 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

drill and tap the back side of the maf or get a nozzle adaptor fitting. either way is accepatable. I would not tap the throttle body just my opinion.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:07 AM
FormerVendor

I am setting up my wet nitrous kit on my 99 Z28. I am trying to decided where to plumb my nozzle in at and I have the stock accordian style bellow which I don't think its solid enough to hold a nozzle and not have the nozzle twist and turn inside it. My question is can I drill a hole in the throttle body on the very edge farthest away from the blade that I can get and tap it and thread my nozzle in there? The only thing I am worried about here would be good distribution but I am not going to spray under 2700 rpm anyway so what do you guys think?
Believe it or not, I have done a few in the stock bellow and its not as bad as you would think. If you're still concerned about it, I would go slightly back more and hit the backside of the maf housing (end closest to throttle body). You can drill and tap that for a more solid foundation. Or, I don't know if this is an option for you but maybe a reinforced smooth bellow with nozzle retaining nuts? Thanks.

Nick
Old 10-20-2008, 11:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine is in the stock accordian bellow and it is fine
Old 10-20-2008, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I ran mine in a fernco bellow from home depot for over a year and a half and never had any problems. Just like Dave mention get some rentention nuts the screw together from the inside and out, holding the nozzle right in place.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the good ideas guys. I didn't even know they made those nozzle nut things to help hold them, thats a good idea. I think I might get one of those and a smooth bellow. Where do you all recommend I get a smooth bellow from that looks good? Something in black would be awesome.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Home depot fernco bellow, it is in the plumbing section. It works like a charm and they are cheap too if you mess it up just spend another $8 and get a new one. Look in the external section there is a sticky that tells you what you need to know.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

i have a rubber smooth bellow and my nozzle is on it. it works great! doesnt twist or anythng.

Quick Reply: drill tap TB for nitrous nozzle?