Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

who DD with a fuel regulator mounted at the rails?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who DD with a fuel regulator mounted at the rails?

like the title says, just wanting to know who DD with their front mounted fuel regulator and aftermarket rails... i keep reading about "heating the fuel" and such when running one at the rails, but don't know if this is a bad thing or not?

I am in the process of adding a new feed line with a new fuel regulator and using the stock feed line as the return, but I want to know if I will have problems with "heating the fuel" and returning it to the tank.. I dont drive the car EVERY day, but don't want any problems if I chose to do so!

any help or insight is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Banned

3k miles with mine on rails and no issues. mine is on the back of driverside rail and its feed from passengerside. return is off the regulator
Old 02-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't daily drive mine, but it has never given me an issue having the regulator up front - I did notice that the car smells a little more now of gas (I'm assuming from the increased evaporative emissions since the fuel is being heated and then sent back to the tank), but the fuel pressure stability was well worth it.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:24 PM
10 Second Club

That makes sense, more evaporative emissions (moisture) in the tank due to the heated fuel circulation.... would this be detrimental to anything over extended periods of time, like could the gas get diluted?

i assume that you guys aren't running EVAP either? I still have mine... so i wonder if that would help anything or not
Old 02-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Not sure - I don't think it'd be bad in the long run. From what I understand, manufacturers don't run the return from the rails anymore to keep the evaporative emissions down, and that's really the only good side of it (mine dropped fuel pressure like a **** with the return in the back like it is).

And you are correct in your assumption - I actually use the EVAP hard line for the return, and I have the tank vented on the top of the tank.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

I have mine on the rails. No worries with it but my car is a weekend/track duty only cruiser.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The only time you run into problems is if you run a huge race pump on the street & circulate too much fuel. An intank pump will never have any problems.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the replies guys... a little more emissions won't hurt anything