Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I hate my F***king Car!!! Damn Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my F***king Car!!! Damn Clutch

well its another clutch master cylinder problem!! im honestley sick of trying to figure it out! ive replaced EVERYTHING and i still have issues infact its actually worse! anyways enough of my venting.

I replaced my clucth with a centerforce dual friction 12'', resurfaced flywheel, new slave, new TOB, new pilot bearing, and new master cylinder OE replacement from napa. anyway my new master sits about 1/2'' under my brake pedal. my old one sat even but it engaged probably 1/2'' to an 1'' off the floor which was weird so i figuered it was the faulty 2000 master cylinder.

anyway i replaced it and now it engages on the floor and ive bleed it probably 15 times. Its very hard to get it in and out of gear.

after my clutch install i started to get a grinding noise when i pushed the clutch pedal in but as soon as i let it out it went away so i figured i was having disengagment issues. so i replaced the master today and i end up worse off. what can i do?

sorry about the long post i've just spent so much time trying to get my car the way its supposed to be and i'm really fed up with it! if there's any other info i can provide i will be happy to.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My centerforce required a shim behind the slave cylinder/tob setup. That would have solved my disengagment issues but I had so many problems with that clutch I tore it out and put a Tex in.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

I don't think it's the clutch though I guess it could be? But it did this ever snce I bought the car which was two years ago n it was completly stock I think it's the master. Does the stock clutch require a shim?
Old 05-07-2009, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

Get an adj master, 99% of the issues on here related to engagement can be solved with an adj master. Sounds like it wasnt disengaging all the way
Old 05-07-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Veteran

bring it to a shop to have it looked at. When they tell you, leave and do the work yourself.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

bleed it with a mityvac
Old 05-08-2009, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You increased the distance from the flywheel to the throwout bearing when you turned it.
I wouldn't be surprised if you need a shim to make up the difference.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sickwhips26
I don't think it's the clutch though I guess it could be? But it did this ever snce I bought the car which was two years ago n it was completly stock I think it's the master. Does the stock clutch require a shim?
I had the same problem you had over a year ago. Centerforce clutch, but it is not the clutch. I bought there flywheel that goes with the clutch.

I am 99% that you need to get an adjustable master cylinder. I used ram now I can shift at 6200 rpms all day long. No probs shifting this will help you. Then go thru all the proper steps bleeding etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Well I'll buy a adj master then... N I have bleed it with a mityvac multiple time.do you guys think the ram adj is a good buy. I only ask because I am a college student that's on a budget and the tick is pretty spendy for me.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I'll buy a adj master then... N I have bleed it with a mityvac multiple time.do you guys think the ram adj is a good buy. I only ask because I am a college student that's on a budget and the tick is pretty spendy for me.
look is the FS section for a used one. i currently run a used RAM that i got for a decent price
Old 05-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

will do thanx for the tip slayerized6! but did the stock clutch have a shim cause i heard some peoples have but mine didnt?
Old 05-08-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Get a tick master. I have one and it has solved all my disengagement issues, and has given me a consistant pedal at all points in time now. Its nice.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

read this its helping me alot i just dropped my tranny again after putting in a new clutch cuz i didnt know about the shim thing. also on your bearing on the slave take the spring and the bearing off the slave an look inside the slave. u will see a shim thats 1"3/4 outside diamiter by 1"3/8 inside diameter. this always gets forgoten about. do some measureing and ull get it. it take awhile to understand well not really but just read and read and read till u understand it. maybe thats ur prob.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...need-shim.html
Old 05-08-2009, 01:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

will do thanx for the tip slayerized6! but did the stock clutch have a shim cause i heard some peoples have but mine didnt?
yes it does i think they all do check my post i just left you theres lots of info. pm me maybe i can help

Quick Reply: I hate my F***king Car!!! Damn Clutch