Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Need setup adivce! Dont want to wast money!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy Help! Need setup adivce! Dont want to wast money!

The Car:
Stock 2002 Camaro Z28 with only 30k Miles. SLP Lid and Loudmouth.

Goal:
To have a daily driver setup that isn't crazy loud/obnoxious but is absolutely nasty all around. No more than or right around naturally aspirated 500 rwhp.

Option 1- Send to lingenfelter. But its like 15k and that only gets me engine work.
Option 2- Find another performance shop to Due my upgrades...This is the List from what I have seen and read here in LS1 Tech

Engine:
Ported Heads to Match Cam.
Comp Cam w/ Underdrive pulley and all springs+rods
LSX FAST intake 92mm
Throttle Body to Match
Kooks Headers w/ Y pipe
Magna flow / Hooker Aerochamber w/ Catback
Tune and dyno

Transmission:
Stock T56 with upgrades to strengthen weak links.
Spec 2 Clutch

Drivetrain:
Moser 9"
Driveshaft to match rear end with 4.11s or 3.73

Suspension:
Bilstein Shocks
Subframe connectors
Front/Rear Sway bars

Fuel: Stand Alone Fuel Management System

Anything I miss or need changed to my plan?? Is this a good all around setup? Recommendations? Ive been to VA Speed but I haven't talked with anyone who gives me a warm and fuzzy yet. Dont seem price friendly either. Please help.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mrocz76
The Car:

Goal:
To have a daily driver setup that isn't crazy loud/obnoxious but is absolutely nasty all around. No more than or right around naturally aspirated 500 rwhp.

Option 1- Send to lingenfelter. But its like 15k and that only gets me engine work.
Option 2- Find another performance shop to Due my upgrades...This is the List from what I have seen and read here in LS1 Tech

Engine:
Ported Heads to Match Cam.
Comp Cam w/ Underdrive pulley and all springs+rods
LSX FAST intake 92mm
Throttle Body to Match
Kooks Headers w/ Y pipe
Magna flow / Hooker Aerochamber w/ Catback
Tune and dyno

Transmission:
Stock T56 with upgrades to strengthen weak links.
Spec 2 Clutch

Drivetrain:
Moser 9"
Driveshaft to match rear end with 4.11s or 3.73

Suspension:
Bilstein Shocks
Subframe connectors
Front/Rear Sway bars

Fuel: Stand Alone Fuel Management System

Anything I miss or need changed to my plan?? Is this a good all around setup? Recommendations? Ive been to VA Speed but I haven't talked with anyone who gives me a warm and fuzzy yet. Dont seem price friendly either. Please help.
First mistake would be to send it to LPE...so scratch #1. Ridiculous prices for less HP usually than every other builder.

You could make it a 383ci stroker and easily make 500+ RWHP.

You don't need to "waste" money on a stand alone fuel management system. Save that money till you build a 1000+ RWHP turbo build. All you need is your stock PCM, it can do it all. You're talking about a very mild build.

I'd scratch the Moser 9", not needed for just a street car. If you're gonna go to the track and dump the clutch at 5,000 rpm with drag radials...then yes.

If you do all that stuff, stay stock cubes, basically a good head/ aggressive cam kit with those extras you should be damn near 500 RWHP with that M6, maybe more.....it'll be a blast to drive. And for $15,000 you can do your car, then hook one of your friends up with the same stuff. Don;t get ripped off by anyone. Research everything.

VA Speed is very good shop, BTW.

Last edited by LS6427; 11-04-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could easily meet those goals with a sponsor's shop, or even doing it yourself. Do more research, and you save tons of $.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:49 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll pm you with some information. Budget is the key here. We offer combination for all types of applications from a short block to a complete build with transmission and rear-end wheels and tires.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

suspension you missed LCA'S lower control arms, lots of web people use relocation brackets for the lca's, also panhard bar. im sure plenty of sponcors would like your business, dont be afraid to negotiate a package deal. have you considered a 402 short block with heads and medium cam? just my 2 cents
Old 11-05-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrocz76
The Car:

Goal:
I'm surprised no one didn't say this but if you don't want it to be crazy loud/obnoxious. You need to get rid of that Loudmouth especially when you slap Long Tubes on it. It's going to be very loud and turn into the Raspy and dronemouth. Come on guys I can't believe yall didn't catch that. But I would consider getting bigger cube motor with a medium cam as said above. There's no better replacement then cubic inch displacement. Did I get that right you guys? lol Good Luck I crack myself up, sometimes.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thewholefnshow1
I'm surprised no one didn't say this but if you don't want it to be crazy loud/obnoxious. You need to get rid of that Loudmouth especially when you slap Long Tubes on it. It's going to be very loud and turn into the Raspy and dronemouth. Come on guys I can't believe yall didn't catch that. But I would consider getting bigger cube motor with a medium cam as said above. There's no better replacement then cubic inch displacement. Did I get that right you guys? lol Good Luck I crack myself up, sometimes.
^^because when he gets lt's he going hooker/mangaflow
Old 11-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Teching In

haha, thanks man but i forgot to mention that I am DEF getting rid of it. I know its going to be obnoxious cuz it alomst is already. I am trying to find the quietest exhaust there is. Any opinion?
Old 11-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The SLP dual/dual is about the quietest and still flows decent
Old 11-05-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i really like my hooker CB, has a nice rumble and is very tame, but WOT it really wakes up. ive been told by everyone that my car sounds amazing, i think its too quiet but a cam will change that