Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which one is more user friendly

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Which one is more user friendly

I would like some responses from people that have used these two systems. I want to know from experience which one, EFI LIVE or HP Tuners is the eadiest to use, tune your car, and the easiest and wuickest to learn to tune on. Im not trying to start a debate and i dont want to bash either company, all i want is to find the right system for me.

And for all the people that say to '' try the search option" i have and i have not found the information i am needing.

Thanks
Old 12-22-2009, 03:57 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went through this last year. I'm not even going tell you which one I got! I will tell you this, download the free trials. They are like Ford and Chevy only worst. A persons familiarity with one over the other colors their opinion on which one is better. The one they are most familiar with is the one that can do the most and is the best. Thats because in their hands it is better not because the product is better but the person using it can accomplish more faster.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This is a topic where it is best to 'tread lightly'.

I also will avoid the 'which one is best debate'. So, I will only share my experience.

I picked EFILive software because I could also use the RoadRunner PCM with it. But this was just a personal decision not based on one software suite being better than the other.

I am very happy with the software I chose and tuning has become a hobby now. I will say the first 2-3 months does have a somewhat difficult learning curve. No matter which software you choose, the initial learning curve will be a challenge. You need a wideband and some open roads or a dyno to do all the VE Table and MAF calibrations. Then if you are wanting to keep it in closed-loop, you need to do some additional work on Fuel Trims, etc.

It takes patience, persistence and a mental ability to juggle multiple tables and parameters simultaneously. After about 4-6 months of trial and error, tuning became quite enjoyable.

Hope that helps. Both tuning suites will allow you to hit your goals.

Good luck in your decision.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you for responding guys. I am not trying to start a debate so thank you for your replies. The only thing i was wanting to know is just how easy each system was for each individual to learn and use.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

have you looked over in the pcm-diag-tuning room:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagn...-handheld.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning-7/
Old 12-22-2009, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i didnt really find what i was looking for in there. I think i may just go with a mail order tune. Im trying to find someone good that does the mail order tuning but also one that i dont have to send my computer to.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i also went thru the same thing, both have very good reputations and very good support. the deciding factor for me was a sponsor on here had a deal with a wideband included.
Old 12-23-2009, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well i will have to see if someone has a good deal like that going on then.