Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and Y Pipe Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and Y Pipe Question

I am looking to get a set of the Long Tube headers from Pacesetter as well as there Y pipe. My question regarding this is For the o2 extensions which length will I need the 12's or 24's also there is a place to indicate flat or square if you could help me answer that as well I would appreciate it. I have been looking on www.speedinc.com and I see if you get the y pipe you get the o2 simulators and extensions but it seems like there price for the headers is more then everywhere else I have been looking. I guess overall what I am looking for is everything I will need to complete this setup. Because if I am not wrong it is an offroad y pipe so I lose the o2 sensor after the cat? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Texas-speed.com That's where I got mine. You can get everything you need in a nice package deal. They can include Spark plugs, the plug and play 02 extensions... That's what you want, the Plug and play 02 extensions. The one's that come stock with the headers you have to cut and splice. It's ssooooo worth the $40 to just plug them in.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

i also ordered from texas speed. i got the texas speed ory pipe, not the pacesetter one
(10 bucks cheaper and ppl said it was good).

i checked out that site. texas-speed.com is much easier to deal with imo. they have a package with everything you need. i got the pacesetter coaded headers, ory pipe, and the o2 extentions. as far is i know you dont need the sims, i plan on tuneing them out.

the o2 extentions i got where 18 inch (12 might be too short). if you get the 24in im sure u can just tie them in a knot or somthing
Old 03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

So I ended up going through Texas Speed and got the LT's and y pipe from PaceSetter. Since the install I have noticed a kind of sputtering if not hesitation on acceleration with a little bit of backfire every now and then. I checked all the plugs and replaced them with new to be on the safe side. As well as made sure all my connections are good. The only codes I am throwing are codes for the rear o2's that will be tuned out when I go to New Era Performance. My question is would an exhaust leak give these symptoms if small or big enough?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Taylor3180
So I ended up going through Texas Speed and got the LT's and y pipe from PaceSetter. Since the install I have noticed a kind of sputtering if not hesitation on acceleration with a little bit of backfire every now and then. I checked all the plugs and replaced them with new to be on the safe side. As well as made sure all my connections are good. The only codes I am throwing are codes for the rear o2's that will be tuned out when I go to New Era Performance. My question is would an exhaust leak give these symptoms if small or big enough?
yes! if the exhaust leak is before the 02 sensors, during acceleration you will suck in air and 02 will think u are to lean so it will try to correct itself with no luck. make sure all the header bolts are torqued as required. after it cools check them again....
Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

Well could that be also because the rear o2's are still on the car just not hooked back into the exhaust because of the Y pipe. Currently the only code being thrown is P0140. So what I am asking is should I unplug the rear o2's from there harness and possibly will fix some of my issue?

Last edited by Taylor3180; 03-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Taylor3180
Well could that be also because the rear o2's are still on the car just not hooked back into the exhaust because of the Y pipe. Currently the only code being thrown is P0140. So what I am asking is should I unplug the rear o2's from there harness and possibly will fix some of my issue?
rear 02 are to make you aware if the cats are working or not.... po140 code is "no activity detected(bank 1 sensor 2). I dont think it could the cause problem, you could posibly need a tune and at the same time they can delete the rear 02's..
Old 03-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Now I am getting the DTC P0135. Could this give me the stuttering issue. I have dealt with the other codes it has thrown. I figure I can just reuse one of the o2's I took out during the install and try that in its place. As I can remember when taking the o2 in question out of the exhaust that I beat on it pretty good.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the pacesetter racing LT's(No EGR) and i went with a 24" and a 12" extension and they worked fine the 24 i used zip ties to keep the wire from dangleing. I also have the Pacesetter 3" ORY and i bought a couple of 02 Sims from a member here on ls1tech for about 60 bucks. The y pipe is tack welded to the headers and then i have U-clamps securing them as well. Car runs fine no exhaust leak and the only code im getting is the one from removing my EGR which i had to since my car is a y2k. Exhaust Gas Recirculation sensor or sumthing like that. my car will be tuned this summer with EFILive so i plan to remove the 2 o2s in the rear anyway.

Quick Reply: Headers and Y Pipe Question