Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new mast motorsports oil pan ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question new mast motorsports oil pan ???

well i was looking in the latest mag and there was a add for mast motorsports and there was a pic of a new oilpan. the sight says its for a,f & g swaps and it looks real good. didnt see any mesurements of it. any one have any more info on this thing?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:01 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

I've been dealing with a Mast rep, I'll ask him on Monday. This is on their site: http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/..._pan_views.pdf
Old 06-26-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks well made.. What is the Retail price ?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Teching In

?????
Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I spoke to them about it a couple of weeks ago. Apparently its not yet ready for sale but they said it should be by this Fall. Possibly August or September I would guess.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

Looks nice. It would be nice if they offer some sort of cover with a port for a oil sender instead of those big 'ol AN fittings. I am curious on price too. If they are near $3oo. for the kit.... they would sell ALOT. But I am betting they are al least $400-$550.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 583 Likes on 461 Posts

I am surprised MAST didn't convert the pickup to a 2 bolt mount
Old 07-01-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some dimensions would be nice. Looks like that RetroLSX pan to me. Just a shallower LH8 pan.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like the dimensions are now available on their website. Does anyone know if the pan is available for purchase and how much they are going for.

http://www.mastmotorsports.com/2010/..._pan_views.pdf

Old 11-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

The last thing I was told was that they are cast but are not machined. The latest word is the first week of December. But, they have been saying it could be as soon as a couple more weeks since mid October. To their credit (sort of I guess) they have not made any promises. Just a kind of tentative prediction from time to time.

My build is all ready to go. I am just waiting on this pan to install the engine.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:05 PM
TECH Addict

I sure hope they price it competitively, but I bet they don't.

Anyway, to compare, the JZMotorworkz cast aluminum hot-rod pan is $400 + shipping. That is where I bet Mast prices their pan.

The baffling cast into the pan and the cover over the sump look pretty good. It looks like they managed to keep most of the windage tray, too.

Looking at the drawing, there are a couple weird things about the pan. First, I don't see any bolt holes to fasten the engine to the transmission. I think most of the oil pans bolt directly to the bell housing, or the flywheel cover/dust cover. Also, that 3/8 NPT port for a pressure gauge is a good idea, but it looks like it faces directly into where the transmission will be. I don't even know how you'd be able to turn a street-elbow on there with it being so close to the side of the pan. I wonder if these are the things they're cleaning up before the bring it to market?
Old 11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by FastKat
I sure hope they price it competitively, but I bet they don't.

Anyway, to compare, the JZMotorworkz cast aluminum hot-rod pan is $400 + shipping. That is where I bet Mast prices their pan.

The baffling cast into the pan and the cover over the sump look pretty good. It looks like they managed to keep most of the windage tray, too.

Looking at the drawing, there are a couple weird things about the pan. First, I don't see any bolt holes to fasten the engine to the transmission. I think most of the oil pans bolt directly to the bell housing, or the flywheel cover/dust cover. Also, that 3/8 NPT port for a pressure gauge is a good idea, but it looks like it faces directly into where the transmission will be. I don't even know how you'd be able to turn a street-elbow on there with it being so close to the side of the pan. I wonder if these are the things they're cleaning up before the bring it to market?
They are planning to be in the $400 range too. As for transmission bolts, I don't know if they are planning of having that provision. You would have to send them an email or give them a call.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

they are takeing pre orders right now. last i got was $420 plus shipping. still dont see any depth measurements. also said they should be out before christmas. i would have like to see the bolt holes for the trans so i dont have to make something for my t56 trans. for more info there site says to contact Chris Durrett at 1-936-560-2218, Ext.14 or chris@mastmotorsports.com
Old 11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by rallystyle
they are takeing pre orders right now. last i got was $420 plus shipping. still dont see any depth measurements. also said they should be out before christmas. i would have like to see the bolt holes for the trans so i dont have to make something for my t56 trans. for more info there site says to contact Chris Durrett at 1-936-560-2218, Ext.14 or chris@mastmotorsports.com
LOL. Last I heard it was first week of December. Man, I really would like to have this motor in my car.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

That's not a bad idea - maybe I will give them a call about the engine bolts and the 3/8" outlet. I don't think any of the older SBC oil pans bolted to the transmission. Maybe that's where they were going with this one.

Originally Posted by speedtigger
They are planning to be in the $400 range too. As for transmission bolts, I don't know if they are planning of having that provision. You would have to send them an email or give them a call.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rallystyle

5.75inch at the oil drain plug
5.63inch were it should bolt up to the trans
I also miss the bolts for the transmission
Old 12-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Old School Heavy

I spoke to Chris at Mast today. The pans have been pushed back another week. He says we are waiting on the pickup tubes to be built. He said the guy promised last week and now the promise is end of next week. Hopefully once the holidays are behind us, he will knock them out. I am sooooo ready to put this motor in my car.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:30 AM
Launching!

I am also waiting on the Mast pan for my 64 Chevelle. Got the same email from Chris about the pick up tubes. Hope this "they will be ready to ship next week" thing ends next week.

Did you have to cut any on your tranny tunnel to get it to fit? I am hoping to avoid tranny tunnel mods with the mast pan, or at least keep them to a minimum.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:45 AM
Old School Heavy

Originally Posted by neal64ss
Did you have to cut any on your tranny tunnel to get it to fit? I am hoping to avoid tranny tunnel mods with the mast pan, or at least keep them to a minimum.
I am still driving my car with the factory engine. I refuse to pull it apart until I have everything. I love driving my car and having it torn all apart and sitting would make me crazy.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Launching!

Pulled mine apart and sold engine/tranny over the summer to help finance the install of the 5.3L/4L60E. When it wouldn't fit with a modified truck pan I was stuck with an un-drivable car. Was about to buy the S&P pan when I talked to Mast and they told me they would have it ready very soon, so I waited.

Still waiting.

Going to move the car out of the garage today (temps in the upper 60's here in Arkansas today) just to wash the dust off of it.

Hope Mast hurries up. I might be finished by now if I had gone with the S&P modified F-body pan.

Quick Reply: new mast motorsports oil pan ???