Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS2 intake is the same as other cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 intake is the same as other cars?

The LS2 intake on the V, it's exactly the same as on an LS2 'vette, etc? Is that right? I'm curious about a ported LS2 intake for a Corvette, it seems like a cheaper gamble than a FAST. But I wonder if it fits up the same.

I have a completely stock car, which is why it would be a gamble. It may be an intake manifold makes no difference at all on a stocker.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think the LS2 manifolds are pretty bad, personally there are some much better places to spend the money. Not sure how much they're asking but you can pick up a set of long tubes from Pacesetter and OBX for about 400 bucks, and thats the coated price.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

It is the same intake. The ls2 has marginal gains with a good porting. Tb as well. You could probably gain 15-18 with a tb/intake porting. But as Ty stated, similar gains can be made with headers at the same price and limit down time on the car if it's a DD.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want to put headers on the car. It is my DD and I bought a Cadillac for a reason. I want it to be quiet. 15whp from a ported intake isn't too shabby for something that looks and drives like stock, if it'll really gain that much.

I have thought about high-flow cats, though. But am a little leery of them increasing the sound.

Why would an intake be tougher to swap than headers? I figured it'd be a pretty straight-forward affair?
Old 01-16-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

intake manifold takes 20 min to swap
Old 01-16-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can get headers with the right cat back that will/can be quiet as stock. But no way would I put Paceshitters on a Caddy. That's just blasphemy.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do a fast intake youll be happier and used they arent much more money then a quality port job
Old 01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Why not go with an ls6 intake? From what iv seen they flow better than the ls2 intake.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...able-sale.html

Here... Check out Jeremy formato's on LS2 ported intakes.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
You can get headers with the right cat back that will/can be quiet as stock. But no way would I put Paceshitters on a Caddy. That's just blasphemy.
So you've had experience with them before? Cuz if it's "someone" you know then do us all a favor and keep your comments to yourself. I'm running Pacesetter's (that I paid half the price daniel paid for whatever he has on his car) with cutout's on the stock catback. Sounds bone stock when I want and loud as hell when I want, perfect for me.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GhettoTy
So you've had experience with them before? Cuz if it's "someone" you know then do us all a favor and keep your comments to yourself. I'm running Pacesetter's (that I paid half the price daniel paid for whatever he has on his car) with cutout's on the stock catback. Sounds bone stock when I want and loud as hell when I want, perfect for me.
i can vouch for this...Ty's pacesetter look good and sound great. they are mean as **** open, and closed they sound almost stock. the only reason i went kooks is pacesetter only offer a 1 3/4" and i wanted 1 7/8". pacesetter are not a bad header to use if you want to say on a budget.

OP, as far as sound goes, with heardes and a stock cat back your car wont be much louder then stock. i have kooks and magnaflow and at 75 mph, the road noise is louder then the exhaust note. the only time it sounds louder is when i am climbing high in the RPM band. but just normal around town driving the cabin noise is not bad.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsslow98
do a fast intake youll be happier and used they arent much more money then a quality port job
I wouldn't pay to have it ported. I'd buy one someone already had ported and is taking a loss on. You can buy them in the $300 range. The one that piqued my interest was a SpinMonster(??) ported LS2 intake for $325 shipped.

I'm sure a FAST is better, I guess I wonder if it would matter on a stocker, though. I also like that an LS2 intake would obviously look stock. And the runners would match up with the 'vette FRC's I just put on.

Originally Posted by A-Bomb
Why not go with an ls6 intake? From what iv seen they flow better than the ls2 intake.
I would need to change, at a minimum, my throttle body in order to use an LS6 intake.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess all these people putting their ported LS2 intakes up for sale should tell me something, though... I just keep thinking maybe I can gain *something* for cheap, with no real trade-offs.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

From what I've read, an LS2 intake that's had the bottom removed to fix the runner holes (not the best description), and also ported, should be the equal of a FAST. But are there any such units for sale?

Quick Reply: LS2 intake is the same as other cars?