Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to Nitrous.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to Nitrous.

I am in the process of getting some work done with my car, and have decided to add a nitrous kit. My tuner has recommened the following kit and was wondering if anyone heres has used it or has any opinions on it as I am new to nitrous.

NITROUS EXPRESS 20109-10

thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

The MAF housing kits are not a bad. They are dual stage capable ( Have to buy the 400$ package to do so) which is nice to do. They do dress up the MAF as well since the stock housing looks decent at best. They can technically do 500hp with both stages on full blast.

The downsides is they really do not perform any better than a single nozzle, which is technically all it is. The "Bathtub" discharge areas on the housing are the same as the NX Shark nozzle. So while they can flow big numbers, the distribution is going to limit what you can do on that 383 motor. The lines have to run the length of the tubing to reach the MAF housing, which with time can look tidy but it does take some care. Also at over 1000$ I feel there are better setups out there, but that is opinion.

Did you ask your tuner why he favored that system?

I wanted to give you some good no B.S. insight on the system. If you are open to looking at some of out stuff let me know. I can show you some installed pics and some information on our plate systems which might fit the bill for you.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:49 PM
12 Second Club

what type/ kit would you recommend, also I'm running a CR of about 11.3, does this matter?..again, I'm new to the nitrous world.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Justin Gibbons
what type/ kit would you recommend, also I'm running a CR of about 11.3, does this matter?..again, I'm new to the nitrous world.
Let me get a little info on you and the car:

1) Whats the Max you would want to spray?

2) Street car? Is this mostly a weekend warrior or do you do any classes?

3) Who's tuning it?

4) What intake is on the car? Any upgrades in the future?

The compression ratio will have some effect on the tuneup, but not really in which system we run.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
12 Second Club

some info;

....absoulute amount would be 200 shot, but I dont see that for a while, but I do plan on a 150 shot forsure,

..It is a street car, might see the track maybe at the most 4 weekends a year, which is where I plan on running the bigger shots...might spray 100 shot on the street if pushed.

....The car has a BBK intake and TB(80mm)

...the car will be tuned by SAS dyno in Newbrunswick, Canada (car is currently there now getting a set of PP ls6 stg 2 heads)
Old 07-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

I did mean to answer this faster Justin,

The BBk is a little bit of an odd ball. But you can still run our 78mm plate system on it. While it will cost you 2mm on the overall diameter of the TB and intake, the stock MAF and bellow area are 78mm anyway so you really should not lose much if any NA grunt (2-3hp at most).

The big advantage you will have going with a plate over a Nozzle/MAF system is ability to distribute higher horsepower shots. While install's vary, as do opinions, the plate system is also easier to install and have it look nice and tidy.

The plate system can handle 400hp the way it comes. While I do suggest you start at 100hp. Get your feet wet and make sure the system is operating ok. We can go up from there and you will always have us here at the shop to aid in any tuning issues you run into.

Soon as the website stops having issues, here pretty quick I hope, Ill send you a link to the system and the Plate video we have.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:44 AM
12 Second Club

thanks,
Old 07-14-2011, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Nitrous Outlet FTW

Best customer services you can find for LSx Nitrous Vendor and the best products IMO

Cannot forgot their support to me even while my car on dyno and I'm located overseas !
Old 07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I'd recommend at minimum a plate system from nitrous outlet.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_fwm...layer_embedded

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...3&product=1131
Old 07-14-2011, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Hey justin, listen to the guys at nitrous outlet. they have helped me many times...remember my direct port setup that i had on the 93..it came from them..if you want to see the plate setup...drop out to my place when you want..

this is Brad by the way..lol
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 10 Year

Sick customer service. I'm going nitrous outlet too as soon as I get settled into my new place .
Old 07-15-2011, 02:46 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 93BlackTa
Hey justin, listen to the guys at nitrous outlet. they have helped me many times...remember my direct port setup that i had on the 93..it came from them..if you want to see the plate setup...drop out to my place when you want..

this is Brad by the way..lol
Originally Posted by alexcoreas
Sick customer service. I'm going nitrous outlet too as soon as I get settled into my new place .
Thanks guys. Very appreciated.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Teching In

About to embark on a LS1 swap into a third gen... Will remember Nitrous outlet when it comes to that time!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jamieschott
About to embark on a LS1 swap into a third gen... Will remember Nitrous outlet when it comes to that time!!
i beg to differ on the customer service at nitrous outlet 6 emails over 3 weeks and a pm on here and not a word back.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by stroke it
i beg to differ on the customer service at nitrous outlet 6 emails over 3 weeks and a pm on here and not a word back.
I saw the thread yesterday after work. I checked I didn't see any email's.

I did have the PM and that was my fault for not responding. I read it after hours and forgot to respond.

I Should have let you know when we talked on the phone that the Graham@nitrousoutlet email does not work as of right now. With the server issue's we have been having it is not directed to me anymore. We should have this fixed shortly.

I will post my answers in your thread.