Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

What body modifications need to be done for a d1sc?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Default What body modifications need to be done for a d1sc?

I know this is kind of a dumb question, but hear me out. I have been trying to find details for my car from the previous owner and found his car domain page for it today. On there he said he was having a d1sc installed and was waiting on his SDCE bracket and new intercooler. I haven't pulled the plate cover yet to see if it had a front mount but what else is modified on the car that might have been left over if it was removed before he sold it?
Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you will need to make sure you have all the piping for it, all the couplers and clamps, the bypass valve, the intercooler, the damper, the blower pulley, the head unit, the j bracket, the belt, the inlet hat, the filter, the sdce tensioner. id make sure i had all that.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's quite the list of parts to go on. Didn't realize there was so much to it actually..

But what I am looking for is after the kit is completely removed, what evidence will remain on the car (certain holes cut or drilled, etc) that would prove the kit was there? I am just trying to learn my car's history is all really.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
That's quite the list of parts to go on. Didn't realize there was so much to it actually..

But what I am looking for is after the kit is completely removed, what evidence will remain on the car (certain holes cut or drilled, etc) that would prove the kit was there? I am just trying to learn my car's history is all really.
nothing really...its pretty much bolt on. dont even need to move the radiator to get them to fit so if there was a procharger on there and now there isnt, it'll be very hard to proove.

uhmm...there is one thing....not concrete but usually on a stock motor they have to pin the crank when they install the procharger...you can check that. right on the crank pully. in order to cover that up they would have to replace the crank which i dont think they would've gone through the trouble.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If the car had twin intercoolers you'll have 2 holes drilled in the underside of the lower radiator support on both the right and left sides.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the crank will have pins in it.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You'll have 2 small holes in the upper radiator cross member where the new fan shroud mounts to.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I didn't even think of the crank being pinned. I will check that for sure. Thank you for the help guys!

Quick Reply: What body modifications need to be done for a d1sc?