Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2000 ws6 with huron speed turbo kit build

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ws6 with huron speed turbo kit build

I have a 2000 ws6. M6. 50,000 Miles. So far i have LT headers, cut outs, into a magnaflow CB. Cold air intake anf a street tune. Put down 347RWHP on the dyno. I bought a Huron Speed turbo kit (ac retaining) it came with:

PA racing super turbo k-member
Precision 7675 .96 a/r turbo
XSPower 50mm BOV
XSPower 44mm WG
Eboost street controller
60# injectors
Oil feed and drain line kit

I also have a set of 243 heads and an ls6 intake.

Basically I'm looking for information on other supporting mods or anything that i will need to get this kit on and running? Also while everything is torn apart Is there something that i should do? This car is going to be a street only car with minimal passes on the strip. Im looking to get everything done that should be done while torn apart so that it's safe a reliable. I have about 3k to work with. The rear will be taken care of later when i have the money right now my main concern is getting the kit on and up and running. I have stock tires on so And don't plan on changing them until i get the rear and the clutch put on.

I know i will need valve springs and a new clutch. What clutch would you guys suggest? I definitely need it to be streetable. I was told a couple different things with the fuel pump, people said running 1 is enough and then i was told i would definitely need 2.

Is putting a turbo cam in it worth it?

6-700 hp is the goal. Not looking to break the bank but i want to take my time with this and get everything i need and do it right. I don't want to just throw it on and hope for the best.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks
Old 01-13-2014, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

at 700hp your going to need pistons and rods
Old 01-13-2014, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Everything looks pretty decent,Do yourself a favor and get a quality wastegate. I went with a PT46mm gate on my Huron speed kit. Also may want to consider a meth kit to for some added safety. Also make sure your fuel system is up too par, stock fuel system won't go very far on a turbo car.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Been doing home work for sometime now as I'll be starting my build also.
What I do know that the factory fuel system is limited as hell. You could do a racetronix pump that may be good on the 600hp range. Anything more and you'll need a decent fuel system.
I would think your bottom end would be just fine wit that type of power. Mines is also stock and I plan to push it just as hard if not more. I have a butt load more miles doe.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Heavy H.P.
Been doing home work for sometime now as I'll be starting my build also.
What I do know that the factory fuel system is limited as hell. You could do a racetronix pump that may be good on the 600hp range. Anything more and you'll need a decent fuel system.
I would think your bottom end would be just fine wit that type of power. Mines is also stock and I plan to push it just as hard if not more. I have a butt load more miles doe.
I was told getting the racetronix f99 fuel pump would work from jon at huron speed. But then i was told by several other people that i would need 2 pumps.. so im definitely open to more opinions on that topic. I dont doubt jons knowledge but i just want to be sure
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RebelMan666
I was told getting the racetronix f99 fuel pump would work from jon at huron speed. But then i was told by several other people that i would need 2 pumps.. so im definitely open to more opinions on that topic. I dont doubt jons knowledge but i just want to be sure
Run 2 pumps do it once,do it right. I run 2pumps my fuel pressure never drops below 60psi. You will max out 1pump very quickly.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RebelMan666
The F99 pump and hotwire will work up to a limit. I don't know how much power exactly but it has taken my car to 129mph trap speed (~3700 lb) but the pressure drops below 50psi.

I'm currently working on a single Walbro 430 (p/n ending in 267) with boost referenced fuel regulator which should take me further than my stock rods. More info here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/17141639-post69.html

The only other question I have is on your choice of heads. 243's will increase your compression. Unless you plan to run E85 (which would require way more fuel than the F99 kit) you would be better off with 317's.

edit:
Yes, a turbo cam would be worth it but if you do, don't even try to get by with a F99 pump. Everyone I know with a turbo cam has picked up considerable power
Old 01-13-2014, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1999Black_Z28
The F99 pump and hotwire will work up to a limit. I don't know how much power exactly but it has taken my car to 129mph trap speed (~3700 lb) but the pressure drops below 50psi.

I'm currently working on a single Walbro 430 (p/n ending in 267) with boost referenced fuel regulator which should take me further than my stock rods. More info here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/17141639-post69.html

The only other question I have is on your choice of heads. 243's will increase your compression. Unless you plan to run E85 (which would require way more fuel than the F99 kit) you would be better off with 317's.

edit:
Yes, a turbo cam would be worth it but if you do, don't even try to get by with a F99 pump. Everyone I know with a turbo cam has picked up considerable power
I was going to use those heads just because i had them laying around and they flow better than stock
Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lt1ray has put down 638rwhp with a huron turbo kit with stock cam with 60lb injectors and a single 255 fuel pump but it was on its limits. he had 317 heads though. Im doing huron turbo truck turbo hotside kit and do a custom air/air intercooler with the procharger twin coolers and meth. i dont want to hack up my bumper. if that doesn't work, ill run a tti race kit a/w intercooler setup https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ombo-dyno.html
Old 01-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

I'm doing a setup almost identical to lt1ray. I'm using the walbro e85 430lph pump. If you want I can show you everything I bought. You will def get away with just that fuel pump if you run pump gas! As for the clutch I think I'm either going to run the spec 3+ or monster stage 3-4.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DropShipDave
I'm doing a setup almost identical to lt1ray. I'm using the walbro e85 430lph pump. If you want I can show you everything I bought. You will def get away with just that fuel pump if you run pump gas! As for the clutch I think I'm either going to run the spec 3+ or monster stage 3-4.
Ya show me your goods lol. All i have is pump gas. They don't have e85 out here in the sticks haha
Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

I was thinking of getting the monster stage 3, should i go with a lightweight FW? With it being a street car with minimal strip i don't want to deal with ridiculous chatter
Old 01-13-2014, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
lt1ray has put down 638rwhp with a huron turbo kit with stock cam with 60lb injectors and a single 255 fuel pump but it was on its limits. he had 317 heads though. Im doing huron turbo truck turbo hotside kit and do a custom air/air intercooler with the procharger twin coolers and meth. i dont want to hack up my bumper. if that doesn't work, ill run a tti race kit a/w intercooler setup https://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomet...ombo-dyno.html
With running different heads does that matter running the single 255 vs running double?
Old 01-13-2014, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

running truck heads lower the compression which is safer on your engine when doing force induction. with the fuel pump, it doesn't matter what heads u have. I personally would suggest running dual pumps, just to be safe.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
running truck heads lower the compression which is safer on your engine when doing force induction. with the fuel pump, it doesn't matter what heads u have. I personally would suggest running dual pumps, just to be safe.
Lowering compression ratio means running more boost to put out the same amount of hp? Does the difference in heads have any effect on spool times?
Old 01-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

From what I've gathered its best to stay will the normal weight flywheel unless you road race/ auto x.

Here is the order receipt from what I ordered from racetronix. I haven't got it in the mail yet but I wanna thank LT1RAY for pointing me in this direction.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see your local to me, like 20mins north, we do have E85 in 2 spots here, one is right after the Lehigh valley exit on the turnpike. The other is off RT 309. Above allentown
Old 01-13-2014, 07:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Very cool! Be sure to contact me if you need anything else or have any questions along the way!

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 01-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Martin@tick performance has some good proven turbo cam options.Keep us updated in your choices of parts.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:23 PM
Launching!

I'm running a stock LS6 block with stock 241's in my 02 SS. Turbonetics 7875, PTK hotside setup, Tick turbo cam, 60's, single in tank 340 with Ractronix hotwire kit, and a dual nozzle meth setup. I put down 703whp @ 15psi spinning on the dyno and this setup has been flawless without any issue for 2 full seasons for me.

Quick Reply: 2000 ws6 with huron speed turbo kit build