Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS turbo , exhaust pictures

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Restricted User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default STS turbo , exhaust pictures

Looking to install a STS with a t-70 on my 01 SS,

I Like the idea behind this Turbo system, but not really how it looks from behind.

I have a SLP SS duel duel exhaust system with FLP long tube headers with test pipes (no cats,

I know i can still use and keep the flp long tubes with this turbo system, but my Duel duel SLP will have to go,
well i love the look of my SLP exhaust and would like to still have that look with the STS turbo ,
Has anyone modifided the exhaust out of the rear turbo to look stock?

And is there a way to block-hide the trubo, , it seems to hang down to much,
has anyone made a muffler or manifold in front of the turbo to exit a duel exhaust like the SLP, and also at the same time hide the turbo

Please post any pictures
Thank you
Old 11-15-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

My setup I am building almost completely hides the turbo.
I need to redo some of it (hangs a bit low for my taste) before revealing it to the public via photos.
But it can be done. Just takes a bit of work.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:35 PM
Restricted User

please post your Rear mount set up when done
thank you
Old 11-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do it...do it....DO IT!
Dave
Old 11-15-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

I finally got to see one of these kits. I can't believe people actually buy this pos. This actually won a SEMA award? The tube that runs along the driver's side subframe will get smashed from bumps in the road. The particular car that I saw... that same pipe was crushed by the k-member/lower a-arm area along with some road rash. The rear section is just unreal... nothing like a big brown turbo sitting in view for everyone to see. That air filter looks really good too. I give credit to everyone that builds their own turbo system that's up front... where it belongs.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know...the ability to add that much horsepower without hurting driveability or messing up the engine bay...what a dumb idea.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NYSS Guy
I know...the ability to add that much horsepower without hurting driveability or messing up the engine bay...what a dumb idea.
Or just install a Procharger... even smarter.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

NoMore your comments have been played out by others in other posts.

Most that own the kit like it, I have no smashed pipes, car makes great power, I can pass smog in california, no belt slip like my ATI had, no cooling issues like my ATI had, I get 20mpg in commute traffic and high 20's freeway, boy am I sad I bought this POS

To each his own.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Launching!

fact: these kits work come on ...just stop bashing them. how many of them are in the 10's now?? a few i think. and the owners dont mind the performance trade off vs the looks why should ne one else as long as they work. hey to each their own

its not like they have vtec badges (50 rwp++) and jdm/rice-a-roni stickers (20 rwp++) all over the cars !!!!!! along with a messed up wannabe fast and f****d up paint jobs pumping techno

personally im glad thers more options out ther it forces everyone to be competitive price wise also
Old 11-16-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've gotta custom rear mount with a t-70 on a 2002 ws-6 you can't even see it and the pipes on the side are custom. They tuck in real close to the body. I also have dual tips left one is only good when the wastegate is open. I'm not sure how to post pics but I can email if youd like. I think its harder to hide the turbo on SS's
Old 11-16-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Resident

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Blackbird
NoMore your comments have been played out by others in other posts.
So... I'm not alone. I didn't think so. Why would anyone want to install a turbo in a location that leaves it wide open the possibility to become damaged by road debris? Yeah... I'd like to leave the heart of my $4000 turbo system un-protected.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:58 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
I finally got to see one of these kits. I can't believe people actually buy this pos. This actually won a SEMA award? The tube that runs along the driver's side subframe will get smashed from bumps in the road. The particular car that I saw... that same pipe was crushed by the k-member/lower a-arm area along with some road rash. The rear section is just unreal... nothing like a big brown turbo sitting in view for everyone to see. That air filter looks really good too. I give credit to everyone that builds their own turbo system that's up front... where it belongs.

That's my 2 cents.
Sounds like this guy needs to learn to drive. My car is lowered and I usually only drag the drive shaft loop. These aren't trucks so you can't take speed bumps at 30 no matter what your mods are. A lot of it has to do with the installer. Unless you are looking for it most people don't notice the turbo under mine until they see the STS decals. Unless you've owned the kit you're not benefitting anyone with your comments.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

I agree, I've had nothing but fun with my STS. And the looks I get when people realize what is under the back of my car is great. I've only bumped one part of the charge pipe and that was just infront of the axle. Other then that not scrapes or scratches for the road and I tend to avoid road debris that is larog enough to hit the turbo. So don't knock it until you've tried it.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreLS1
Or just install a Procharger... even smarter.
Yeah, there is a great idea. Buy a kit that doen't make full boost until redline You'd have to be crazy to do something like that, it's anit-performance.

Talk about lag

here is a hint, go back to CZ28. You'd fit in much better.

Last edited by Zombie; 11-16-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A buddy of mine has this kit and it makes great power. Never complains about scraping (he would mention it if he did) and it sounds awsome at throttle. He has the intercooler setup with methanol injection so, NOMORELS1, don't say he just stuck a turbo on and doesn't know anything about it. He's running 11.6xs with stock exhaust, and stock internals.Tell me thats not good power. Just wait for the h/c package. From what I've seen, its a good or bad setup depending on what kind of driver you are. If you don't haul *** over bumps, then get it.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So... I'm not alone.
almost, but just wrong. Most of your simpathyzers jumped off the band wagon about the time alot of people had sucess and liked their kits.

you see, they couldn't speculate from far away anymore.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

Jesus... I swear every STS thread has a subliminal message saying "Please come in and bash my STS kit, please add your dumb **** .02 to my thread, please reply with something that has NOTHING to do with the actual question Im asking, derail my thread at all costs!"

Damn it gets old.

Not to mention the wonderfull comments these derailings lead to like how a Procharger doesnt make any boost UNTIL redline. Gimme a break.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Avengence, it's a big endian little endian thing
Old 11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

every STS thread has a subliminal message saying "Please come in and bash my STS kit
so true
Old 11-16-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I love mine it makes good power and to the mustang people it's a cold air intake!

Quick Reply: STS turbo , exhaust pictures