Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Best Meth kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Meth kit

Ok guys... what is the best Meth kit out there? When I say best... I mean best bang for buck, and best reliability.

Anyone have good pics of installs? Gonna do some searches in FI an Fuel strings to tie in other threads that are on these lines...
Old 12-11-2005, 05:55 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the snow controllers and the rest of the kit is ok also. I think the ECS meth kit for the vettes has nice feed lines and a better bulkhead fitting JMO though.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Resident

The best Meth kit PERIOD is AlkyControl's kit. Designed for your 4th gen f-body.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:17 PM
FormerVendor

The Snow system is on/off if I'm not mistaken.... the unit from alkycontrol is an adjustable progressive system. It's what I bought, but I don't have any feedback yet.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:40 PM
10 Second Club

Another vote for Alkycontrol
Old 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

make your own
Old 12-11-2005, 10:50 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

The Snow system is on/off if I'm not mistaken.... the unit from alkycontrol is an adjustable progressive system. It's what I bought, but I don't have any feedback yet.
No the Snow kit offers a varatiy of controllers MAF and boost referenced witch is what I have and it is a progressive controller works great the only thing I can say is the adjustment ***** are difficult to read (Very small).
Old 12-11-2005, 11:01 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Ok after looking at there kits at Alkycontrol I will tell you from installing both kits as this is what ECS is selling as there kit so I have installed both. The Alky's kit is alot harder to find a place to hide all the controller parts etc as well as a **** that has to be available for you to adjust. There hoses are nice, but the snow's controller is a lot more compact and easy to hide. So to each his own, but I've installed both and the snow kit is a far easier to install and setup versus the Alkycontrol's kit. Good luck! Just go to the website of both of the storessd
Old 12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
9 Second Club

Ok I am still learning the fundamentals of a Meth/Alky kit. With this being used it addresses fuel octane issues of higher boost while lowering intake temps? Is that all it does or is there more to the story?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

That's the idea, yes. You absolutely can count on reduced IAT's by spraying meth in front of your TB... and the addition of methanol should work to richen your fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. I don't know if that has been quantified, strictly.

None of this is really worth much unless you adjust timing to take advantage.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

Another vote for AlkyControl. THe only diffucult part was finding a place for the motor but I'm picky too
Old 12-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

I grabbed the upgraded Snow kit. I don't see anything wrong with it, suits me just fine. Has everything I'm looking for, it's a progressive kit......
Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 PM
9 Second Club

Ok good point... so when I have my stocker PCM tuned for 11.5 AF.... then I would not see an advantage from the addition of Meth even if I increased the boost?
Old 12-12-2005, 07:25 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Ok good point... so when I have my stocker PCM tuned for 11.5 AF.... then I would not see an advantage from the addition of Meth even if I increased the boost?
That is not absolutely true. Weather you increase the timing or not you will get more consitent power every pull will be closer to each other unlike with out the meth/alky.
Increasing the timing will help gain you a some HP and keep Detonation down because of it's higher octane rating etc... You will need to pull some fuel from your fuel trims to probably even if you increase the timing it probably will still be running to rich etc... And if you increase the boost it will help to keep the air temps down as you push more air you will create more heat also etc... So it will help you any way you want to think about it.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club

Ok what do you guys do to adjust your timming on the fly? I thought that was a programming issue in the PCM?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

One answer is to go to speed density tuning, ditch your MAF. Tuning will be referenced to manifold air pressure.

Another route (keeping your MAF) is to use the boost-referenced method of spraying your methanol, where the spray is triggered at a specific level of boost@WOT and ramped up in a controllable fashion to max boost... that way you're applying smaller amounts at lower volumes of airflow and corresponding max methanol injection when boost/heat/airflow/detonation risk are all at their peak.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:52 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Another route (keeping your MAF) is to use the boost-referenced method of spraying your methanol, where the spray is triggered at a specific level of boost@WOT and ramped up in a controllable fashion to max boost... that way you're applying smaller amounts at lower volumes of airflow and corresponding max methanol injection when boost/heat/airflow/detonation risk are all at their peak.
Snow offers this type controller and it is what I use. As for the timing you will need to adjust your PCM with Edit or HPtuners etc...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

I went with the alkycontrol (progressive control) kit from East Coast Supercharging; not really sure if they modify it or just resell it. Basically it's what a lot of GN guys use.

It should be going onto my PTK car this week; I'll let you know how it goes.

Rich
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Snow offers this type controller and it is what I use. As for the timing you will need to adjust your PCM with Edit or HPtuners etc...
Ok but I have a solid tune now... so I need to advance my timming when I race only? How does that effect when I am not WOT?

This is all great info guys... please keep it comming. Everything I know about LS1's I have learned here. (That and playing with my car)
Old 12-13-2005, 08:39 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Well it is kinda like this you will need to run it all the time unless you are tunning it your self and then you can recalabrate anytime you want. Meth is a fuel so it is just like adding it so you will have to compensate for the extra fuel some how.

Quick Reply: Best Meth kit