Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the pan down today couple ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pulled the pan down today couple ?'s

Couple questions. My PT4000 has been in awhile now. I wanted to drop the pan and see if there was any signs of crap at the bottom. There was NOTHING at the bottom of the pan no silver crap nothing. Just a TAD little bit on the magnet. My question is though with just normal lightning (bright light drop light) the fluid looks cherry red and smells fine. If you take a flashlight and shine it directly into the fluid in the pan it had some sorta metallic look to it. What causes that? Also i attatched a pic that someone else posted on on here but I marked a red box where I had a question. I belive these are the shift solenoids? One of them was tight and the other one was REALLY lose. I really didnt want to jack with it b/c I wasnt quite sure what they are and I really dont know to much about that stuff. I actually was quite amazed of all the wires and **** right there with the fluid. If that is a solenoid and 1 of them is lose/could be bad. Is this whats causing my PO757 code and screwing with my 4th gear lockup or a tuning issue (no tune yet)? Sometimes lockup works and then it doesnt...... Educate me.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well the solinoids will move a little but if one seems excessivly loose I would suggested at the least changing the orings on them ,Or since one of the possible causes of that code is a faulty shift solinoid consider replacing both of them

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-13-2006, 11:08 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Oh and the sparkling look could be something but could also be air fine bubbles they look kinda like silver and gold under a flash light

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-13-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
Oh and the sparkling look could be something but could also be air fine bubbles they look kinda like silver and gold under a flash light
Yea thats what it looks like a sparkle
Old 11-14-2006, 08:32 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice picture! Your welcome. It would not hurt any thing by changing those shift solenoids. If you need a set feel free to give chuck a call.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Yes thanks for the pic, I have referred people to it a few times , Someone sent me how to post pics but then it says they are to big lol

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-15-2006, 10:29 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

The 2-3 solenoid will wiggle more than the 1-2 solenoid because it doesn't have a valve behind it with spring tension. Trust me I checked a few valve bodies after reading this post and remembered looking at this once before.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:35 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Default Tuning required sometimes

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Nice picture! Your welcome. It would not hurt any thing by changing those shift solenoids. If you need a set feel free to give chuck a call.

This code is common with high stall converters in some vehicles, have your tuner delete the PO757 code and the test from the pcm before you do anything. Like Vince said, it's normal for the one solenoid to feel a bit tighter than the other. Once you take care of tuning issue your problem will go away.
I hope that helps with the education.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:18 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts

I see that you have the vacuum modulator installed, but you did not hook up the pacifier to the epc solenoid plug. This will bring up code problems.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PBA
I see that you have the vacuum modulator installed, but you did not hook up the pacifier to the epc solenoid plug. This will bring up code problems.
That is not his transmission.
He borrowed the picture.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by PBA
The epc is the pacifier! Personally I would never use it after having quite a few pacifiers set epc codes. This set up has been tested for years. That is my picture by the way. FYI from FLT.Vince
Old 11-17-2006, 10:30 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeh the P0757 and a few accompanying codes are common with high rpm stall converters. If you stall up over 3000 rpm for more than 5 seconds (I think) it throws this code and goes into limp home mode. You really need to tune it out if possible or it'll drive ya nuts. Taking off in 2nd gear and hitting the rev limiter isn't real healthy for our cars either

Good luck!