Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need help t56

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help t56

hi guys i have 01 t/a m6 lately my car been act weird anyway this what happen when the temp get up to about 180 it really hard for me to shift in any gear also when im coming to a stop i engage the clutch and downshift to 1st gear if the car rolling slow then it will shake like hell does my tranny need rebuild the clutch is stock everything stock even the shifter thank for help
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Teching In

I have a t56 question too. What wiring plug does what I have four one that has a plastic block of so I think it is unused the others are for the 1st to 4th thing, reverse lockout, and reverse lights I think am I right also if I don't hook up the two lockouts will the trans function fine if I'm not using a computer
Old 02-27-2007, 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmsmith37
I have a t56 question too. What wiring plug does what I have four one that has a plastic block of so I think it is unused the others are for the 1st to 4th thing, reverse lockout, and reverse lights I think am I right also if I don't hook up the two lockouts will the trans function fine if I'm not using a computer

Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 AM
TECH Resident

Second Question: What are you exactly trying to say?

The question your asking makes no sense??

First Question: That is weird that your car shakes like that. I would start by checking the U joints and then possibly have the trans fluid driained and some new fluid added. You could find a nice aftermarket shifter for your car fairly cheap. How many miles on the factory clutch?
Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmsmith37
This is my friends post. He just bought a LT1 T56 for his old school 350. He wants to know what the four electrical plugs on the trans are for. He is not useing a computer so he wants to know which plugs have to be plugged or wired so he could run that trani. I told him they are for skip shift, and the reverse lights but I dont know about the otheres.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Default trans

You should only need to hook up the speedo, and on the passenger side get the plug for the reverse lights. All other plugs are not used
Old 02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you don't need to power the reverse inhibitor but it will take 2 hands to get the reverse gate without momentary power to it.
The 4 connections are the above solenoid. skipshift solenoid ,B-U lamps and speed.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 04GIBBS
Second Question: What are you exactly trying to say?

The question your asking makes no sense??

First Question: That is weird that your car shakes like that. I would start by checking the U joints and then possibly have the trans fluid driained and some new fluid added. You could find a nice aftermarket shifter for your car fairly cheap. How many miles on the factory clutch?
the clutch had 40k on it and trans fluid just change but i will try out pro 5.0 and see it fix problem thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Teching In

thanks for your help everyone

Quick Reply: need help t56