Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Which lowering springs?
Eibach Pro-Kit
26.56%
Hotchkis
53.13%
Other (tell me what)
20.31%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Hotchkis or Eibach Pro-kit???

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis or Eibach Pro-kit???

I know there are alot of threads about lowering springs and I have read most of them but I still can't decide on what springs to get. Whatever I get I'm going to buy thru Strano. I know Sam's springs are suppose to be really good but I really don't want to wait on them. Is there any way that the pro-kit won't sag in the rear? I really don't know to much about Hotchkis. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am not trying to be an ***, honestly. But I would do some more searching before posting. What is it that you are looking for in lowering springs? Eibach's are way lower than Hotchkis'. Not to mention that Eibach's are crap.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats what I meant when I said "I know there are a bunch of threads about this and I have read most of them" I've read thru threads for 2 days now about lowering springs. The one thing I keep coming up with is Strano springs are the best but if I can't get them for a while that don't help. I'm looking for something that will have a smooth ride and handle exceptional while also having a nice stance. Sorry, I know this topic has been beat to death.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 02trns_am
I know there are alot of threads about lowering springs and I have read most of them but I still can't decide on what springs to get. Whatever I get I'm going to buy thru Strano. I know Sam's springs are suppose to be really good but I really don't want to wait on them. Is there any way that the pro-kit won't sag in the rear? I really don't know to much about Hotchkis. Thanks for the help guys.
Given the choice between Eibach and Hotchkis, it's an easy, obvious pick. However, Hotchkis are progressive springs, Eibachs are linear, so it's almost an apples/oranges comparison.

I will say I love my hotchkis springs...factory ride, exceptional handling.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Between the two I'm glad I picked the Hotchkiss,
they're nuisance-low at -1" and Eibach would be
worse (other than the SLP Eibach which, used,
would be another and inexpensive option for about
a 3/4" drop).
Old 05-30-2007, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

linear and progressive? now I'm lost. Are there springs that would be better than the Hotchkis?
Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm not too impressed with my eibach pro-kit springs. the rear drop was unbearable until i removed the bumpstop spacer - still hits the bumpstops hard sometimes. the front drop is nice, but after 3k miles, the front tires started rubbing the top of the plastic wheel wells during HARD cornering. my 32mm solid sway bar "upgrade" surprisingly flattened out the front, so maybe that will help... but i have acquired stock rear springs that i intend to put in to give the car a nice rake and save my back.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

i have had both and Hotchkis is the best ride but the elbach have the lowest drop, and the ride is choppy the hotchkis are smooth alot like factory... i vote hotchkis... good luck... mark
Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I guess your problem has vanished since the Strano Springs are in!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know who told anyone Prokits are linear, but the Pro means progressive. Most aren't happy with Prokits, particularly the rear springs. I voted Hotchkis as I'll probably end up with those or Stranos.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Redlinez
I don't know who told anyone Prokits are linear, but the Pro means progressive. Most aren't happy with Prokits, particularly the rear springs. I voted Hotchkis as I'll probably end up with those or Stranos.
Where'd you get that idea? Does that mean you need Sportlines to be sporty? LS1 Pro-kit fronts are linear rate 400's. It's a name, that's all.

And Urban Legend mentioned it--I have mine back in stock (as of today).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sam, Will you have some of your springs in stock like a week from now or are you going to run out pretty fast? Thanks. Hopefully I can get my hands on a set of those.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Hard to say.... I have about 1/3rd of the order sold already (and most are packed). I find it hard to believe I'll sell the rest that fast.... You "didn't want to wait" in your first post, and that would be best just to make sure.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I ordered the Strano springs.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mark.deady
i have had both and Hotchkis is the best ride but the elbach have the lowest drop, and the ride is choppy the hotchkis are smooth alot like factory... i vote hotchkis... good luck... mark
I am probably getting Hotchkis springs but I noticed a lot of people on here say they lower the car more than the advertised 1". Did they lower your car more than 1"?
Old 05-31-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

My prokit is fine..although the rear is a tad lower than the front....Friend has Hotchkiss and I cannot even tell he is lowered.

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 06-03-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll let you guys know what I think about the Strano springs when I get them installed. I'm sure it will be the same as everybody.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by stockerws6
I am probably getting Hotchkis springs but I noticed a lot of people on here say they lower the car more than the advertised 1". Did they lower your car more than 1"?
Yeah it's definetly more than 1". For the appearance part it depends on what you are looking for. The Hotchkis springs give the ideal "OE" look...meaning they give you a stance that puts your tires perfectly in the wheel wells. The gap is even all the way around, unlike our stock gap which is grand canyon-like at the top. Something like the Eibach setup will give you a VERY lowered look, where the gap at the top of the wheels is significantly less than the gap on the sides of the wheels. Keep in mind this also affects performance, because the lower you go with the car, the less suspension travel you have. I wanted simply to make my car look like a sports car instead of an off-road vehicle, while limiting suspension travel as little as possible.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the info blakbird. Well said.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I got exactly -1" off the Hotchkiss, I measured before & after.

However -1" all around made it look like it was dragging ***.

I went back to stock springs minus the donut out back and
it has a better looking stance and a somewhat more cushy
ride over bumps. Kept the H fronts.

Quick Reply: Hotchkis or Eibach Pro-kit???