Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Camaro King in Sylmar, CA?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Camaro King in Sylmar, CA?????

I'm going to be buying a 2001 or 2002 SS by end of summer. I was wandering if anyone has had any experience or heard anything good or bad with this dealer. http://www.camaroking.com/
He claims to get Camaros in close to like new condition. He's told me exclent. Monday-Friday are by appoitments since he's out looking for other Camaros. He said that he can get just about any year and color available; and walk-ins on Saturday. I don't wanna have any troubles when I get my 1 of 2 dream cars.
Does anybody know of a good Camaro seller in So-Cal?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

I live a few blocks from him and have stopped there a few times. He is only friendly if he thinks your going to buy something, other than that it looks like he is being bothered. I bought a TA hood a while back for $200 bucks and didnt use it after all, took it back and he wouldnt buy it back he said "i dont need it but I'll give u $100 for it" He buys Z28's and adds the SS hood and tries to sell it as an SS same with the WS6's. If you dont ask he wont tell you. Well thats my experience w/ that shop.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya he ripped off one of my friends she had just bought the car and it had a bend push rod he said he fixed it few weeks later the engine siezed up and she does it back he said that it was her fault. . !!! so she took the car to another shop guy said it had 4 bend push rods. .and a bend valve this all happened a month after she bought the car and she never even pushed the car guy seemed like an *** and yes he does clones cars and doesnt tell u even if u ask . !!! check the vin numbers theres a good sticky sumwhere on ls1tech . on how to find out
Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

have u checked out these guys??
http://wolfmotorsinc.com/
but ive seen their cars on autotrader and they are stupidly overpriced, but maybe they are cool people.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

The reviews aren't sounding too good. I'd say stay away. Try and find a car from a local member. You will know that the car is taken care of and in good shape. I wasn't looking for a car, but I just happened to run into another member here that was selling his car for too good a deal. I trust this car more than the T/A I just bought from a used dealer three weeks ago. I found out a day later that my passenger side lower control arm was broken. I got it fixed, but it was something that I shouldn't have had to do.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by wickedbusa
The reviews aren't sounding too good. I'd say stay away. Try and find a car from a local member. You will know that the car is taken care of and in good shape. I wasn't looking for a car, but I just happened to run into another member here that was selling his car for too good a deal. I trust this car more than the T/A I just bought from a used dealer three weeks ago. I found out a day later that my passenger side lower control arm was broken. I got it fixed, but it was something that I shouldn't have had to do.
Nice Sig...
Old 08-19-2007, 02:36 PM
FormerVendor

i know of a 2001 original SS covertible for sale
email me at slowpoke310@autopartsfirm.net
if ure interested

the car is in great shape
i did the clutch, z06 wheels, pacesetters, and a few other mods on it
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
Nice Sig...
Thanks!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

I havn't done business with this guy but my friend has. he bought a 2002 camaro SS was supposed to be #47. he bought it for $22,000. I didn't meet my friend til after he bought the car. one day I went with him to get his car smogged and there he found out that the last time the car was smogged it had 52,XXX miles and when he bought the car it had 23,XXX. so after looking further into it, the car was not a real SS it was a Z28. it had about 15 different vins on the car from the doors tothe hatch and interior parts were changed. the motor was out of a 98 camaro. after bringing alll this to his attention because he said he had no idea. that is how he bought the car. he purchased the car back for $30,000 so he wouldn't report to the dmv or local authorities. I would not buy anything from that place. I feel the best thing to do is look in the auto trader and other local ads. good luck
Old 08-19-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Good way to make $8K hahaha. I would have reported his *** anyways.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to answer my post. Makes me think twice about the so called Camaro king. I'll check out other places including wolf motors. I don't have full funds just yet, but when i do, I may just have the place to buy from. Thanks again.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Good luck!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wickedbusa
Good luck!
Thanks. I may need it.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

he's out looking for other camaros?? that sounds like a cheesy line to me.
i dont know about wolf, like i said, only that the cars are overpriced. i just sold my z for 15k. i know u can get some good deals on autotrader, i saw a couple when i posted mine up. just take your time, it'll come.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

the wolf motors guys are pretty cool. They are overpriced but I am not sure if they are able to be talked down. The couple of times I went to see their stock their cars looked top notch.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

I always stay away from dealerships for a used car. You will get a better deal on Auto Trader with a private sale. Thats how I found mine: 2000 SS 15,000 miles for $18,000 absolute perfect condition 6 months ago. I looked for over a month trying to find the perfect one. Just be patient and use Auto Trader or possibly craig's list.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally know the infamous "Camaro King," haha. The piece of advice i have to give is "know what your talking about and have the money ready." Most people buy his cars and not know what they want and only want them, others like me knew what i wanted and knew what to expect from the car (thanks LS1tech!). So they buy fake SS's and some will probly never know and seriously will never care. On the other hand i knew my car was a z28 but it wasnt the reason i bought it, i bought it because it was black, 2001, 39,000 miles on it and he was selling it for 18. But since i had the money ready i got it down to 16...(not counting taxes) money is the other biggest thing to remember, you dont know how many people walk into the shop and want a car but dont have the credit for it... So basically, read all the sticky's in the newb section here and hang out there and you wont get fucked trying to buy an LS1, anywhere!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow

Originally Posted by kbronSS
have u checked out these guys??
http://wolfmotorsinc.com/
but ive seen their cars on autotrader and they are stupidly overpriced, but maybe they are cool people.
whoa i just saw the website, the cars look amazing! my uncle lives in corona so i think ima stop by and check it out next time i go...
Old 08-21-2007, 11:23 PM
FormerVendor

I stopped in and saw him, upon my meeting he seemed like a decent guy and yes the cars look beautiful and he has tons of spare parts for them upstairs. He came off knowledgable but his story's seemed a little fishy that I had trouble swallowing. After reading this thread I will rethink doing any business with him as some of the stories contradict what he said.

In every lie there is 80% truth that what makes it hard to detect.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Yea You Should Check Out Slowpoke

Quick Reply: Camaro King in Sylmar, CA?????