LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Time for change. Top end and valve train at least.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Time for change. Top end and valve train at least.

It seems a few of my LT1 brethren have decided to do some changes lately and it looks like I caught the same bug. It was a good run for the stock ported heads and the CC306 cam but I've decided to move on to some more interesting changes. Looks like I'm going to pickup a set of AFR 210 Eliminator Competition heads and get LE to make me a custom cam.

Then while the heads and cam are on order and getting installed, the intake is going to disappear at Nitrous Outlet for a little direct port action. Still haven't decided on one or two stages yet but either way I think it will be good. If I can scrounge up some extra $$, I really want to pickup a Speed Inc. accessory relocation bracket (Those things are pimp!!) and get some normal, un-notched valve covers. I'm also planning on doing the fuel line mod to clean up the engine bay.

Also, I wanted to throw out a thanks to Lloyd. I appreciate your time on the phone and I'll be calling you back real soon to get that cam under way. Thank you sir!

I've already got a buyer for the CC306 and Comp lifters and I will also be selling the heads complete (minus rockers) and some nice Comp moly pushrods. So if you're in the market for some very nice stock ported heads, I have a set ready to go. Here's a link to the classified:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/non-lsx-p...-pushrods.html
Old 10-01-2009, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

The car should really move out N/A with those heads a nice healthy custom grind!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AFR + LE = VERY happy lt1 owner
Old 10-01-2009, 10:30 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
The car should really move out N/A with those heads a nice healthy custom grind!
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It's pretty strong now N/A but I can't wait for this upgrade!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by myltwon
AFR + LE = VERY happy lt1 owner
...and soon to be another...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** that beast is gonna fly!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

I see more tire issues in your future Kyle. Unfortunately this will push you out of the street classes for next years shootout but this combo will give the mod guys a run for the money! Why no SR cam?

sounds like a nice setup.

GL with everything and the ALT/PS kit is a must!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
I see more tire issues in your future Kyle. Unfortunately this will push you out of the street classes for next years shootout but this combo will give the mod guys a run for the money! Why no SR cam?

sounds like a nice setup.

GL with everything and the ALT/PS kit is a must!
Traction upgrades are in the very near future. I've been on the horn with MadMan and have a few changes to make.

I'm still shooting for ES P/A. There will be a few different ways for me to use the nitrous kit including switching between the direct port and plate or both. As for SR, I am indeed doing an SR conversion as a part of all this but just didn't mention it above.

Yeah, I really want one of the ALT/PS kits.

Thanks!!
Old 10-01-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You won't be dissapointed! Sounds like it is going to be sick.

I will be joining the AFR/LE club soon as well I can't wait!
Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Formula383
Traction upgrades are in the very near future. I've been on the horn with MadMan and have a few changes to make.

I'm still shooting for ES P/A. There will be a few different ways for me to use the nitrous kit including switching between the direct port and plate or both. As for SR, I am indeed doing an SR conversion as a part of all this but just didn't mention it above.

Yeah, I really want one of the ALT/PS kits.

Thanks!!
Madman is the way to go for sure. I'm sure he'll get it figured out for ya.

for some reason I thought class was limited to HR cams...**** like someone said last year it will be like bring a knife to a gun fight with your new setup...LOL

It will be fun none the less.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. It's pretty strong now N/A but I can't wait for this upgrade!

Hey Kyle are you going to be running the LT4 intake with the direct port setup?
I am going to do the same exact thing and have Nitro Dave do me a direct port setup also. Right now I am also just saving up some coin. I have spoken to Chris before to get an idea of how much I am gonna spend.

Are you staying with your 6 speed? I hope so **** a auto.

Our cars are gonna be identical after all said and done.
I am runnin 230cc Trickflows with a 247/258 .604 108 LSA cam I suspect your custom grind should be as big or bigger for the big direct port hit.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, I just have an LT1 intake but I'll be using it for the direct port. I'm planning on staying with the 6-speed as long as I can. It's a ton more fun to drive that way.

Our cams will be pretty close except I should have a tad more lift and higher LSA for the nitrous.

Your idle vid sounds pretty sick!

Last edited by Formula383; 10-01-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Racin96ss
Madman is the way to go for sure. I'm sure he'll get it figured out for ya.

for some reason I thought class was limited to HR cams...**** like someone said last year it will be like bring a knife to a gun fight with your new setup...LOL

It will be fun none the less.

Nope, no limitation on HR vs SR. Don't worry... I still have to hook to do anything and we all saw how that went this year LOL!
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, I just have an LT1 intake but I'll be using it for the direct port. I'm planning on staying with the 6-speed as long as I can. It's a ton more fun to drive that way.

Our cams will be pretty close except I should have a tad more lift and higher LSA for the nitrous.

Your idle vid sounds pretty sick!
Thanks man . Always admired your ride. I have that Roll Racing video saved on my laptop of you busting all that LS1 ***. Looked like the only car that could outrun you was that blown C6 vette.
I wish I would have just ported my stock LT1 intake instead of spent the money on my Edelbrock LT4 .
Truthfully I am not impressed with this motor in lower rpm band but after 4500 rpms
But nitrous will fix that
Old 10-01-2009, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Wanna sell your stainless lines that go to your plate? Been trying all week to get a price with no sucess....
Old 10-01-2009, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

sounds like there will some fast-*** LTx cars around next year. Good to hear!
Old 10-02-2009, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by matt94z
Wanna sell your stainless lines that go to your plate? Been trying all week to get a price with no sucess....
Not yet. I may still be using them. I will talk to Dave this morning and ask him to shoot you a PM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 AM
11 Second Club

Not yet. I may still be using them. I will talk to Dave this morning and ask him to shoot you a PM.
Good deal cause ive called and talked to some guy 4 times since monday and havent got a call back with a price. Even pmd chris... Dont know whats going on. I need a FPSS, the stainless lines for old style noids, and a new main line(burnt hole in my brand new line)...
Seems like they dont want anymore bussiness from me.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by matt94z
Good deal cause ive called and talked to some guy 4 times since monday and havent got a call back with a price. Even pmd chris... Dont know whats going on. I need a FPSS, the stainless lines for old style noids, and a new main line(burnt hole in my brand new line)...
Seems like they dont want anymore bussiness from me.
I just talked to Dave about 10 minutes ago and he said he's going to find out what's going on. Sorry you've had so much trouble. I sent him a link to this thread too.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks bro, just got a call back and they can repair my line also. Just gotta ship it out. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Time for change. Top end and valve train at least.