LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Retro - NOW ON SALE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 06:23 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Retro - NOW ON SALE!!

Intro GP Thread - 93-97 Firebird Bi-Xenon Projector Retro

Last edited by BLSolutions; 06-27-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

i like it and prob will buy at some point... maybe used, but does it really need to be $699 for you to turn an honest profit?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
i like it and prob will buy at some point... maybe used, but does it really need to be $699 for you to turn an honest profit?
Devil is in the details. If I could make it cheaper while maintaining quality and still keeping myself in business I would. The price will not be for everyone and there are cheaper options. This setup will provide a clean and easy install while taking any guess work out of a custom setup.

Like anything else, everyone's values are different. Thanks for looking.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Very nice. If I had the coin I would be all over this like fly's on stink. Sweet product!
Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Man, if I didn't have to build a tranny I would be all over those.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

so many people bitch and want saying they will buy it while its being designed.. then after its made they all have excuses on why they cant buy it. happens a lot... especially in the cobalt world. looks like a quality piece but i just put in crystal clear headlights.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Facelift
Very nice. If I had the coin I would be all over this like fly's on stink. Sweet product!
Thank you for the compliment.

Originally Posted by Kota04SXT
Man, if I didn't have to build a tranny I would be all over those.
Lights are pretty useless if the car doesn't move. Good luck getting it back on the road

Originally Posted by 97badass
so many people bitch and want saying they will buy it while its being designed.. then after its made they all have excuses on why they cant buy it. happens a lot... especially in the cobalt world. looks like a quality piece but i just put in crystal clear headlights.
Most people would say build anything and everything possible but you are correct, not all have the funds and I knew this going into the project. Like I said before, if I could build a quality product for as cheap as possible, I would.

With that said, I've had just about every lighting setup possible on this car from silverstar sealed beams, conversion housings with and without HIDs, a setup similar to this and now the final product you see here. Besides it looking really good, the lighting provides a level of safety I can appreciate driving at night. This kit also brings the cars lighting up to date as just about any car on the road today provides better lighting than what's currently on these cars.

The kit also requires ZERO permanent modification to the car. For those collectors out there unwilling to hack into their car, this is a perfect option as everything can be returned to stock without issue.

Thanks for everyones interest!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:01 AM
12 Second Club

That price is rediculous. For anyone that cares you can buy an HID kit on ebay for $40 brand new with warranty and the lens housings for around $60. I've seen these kits installed and they look no different than this overpriced nonsense.
Maybe you guys that want to make some money off products like this should spend more time researching price brackets people will spend before charging triple what something is worth just to make a buck.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowmaro95Z28
That price is rediculous. For anyone that cares you can buy an HID kit on ebay for $40 brand new with warranty and the lens housings for around $60. I've seen these kits installed and they look no different than this overpriced nonsense.
Maybe you guys that want to make some money off products like this should spend more time researching price brackets people will spend before charging triple what something is worth just to make a buck.
i would love to see you replicate the quality or results with a $40 ebay kit and $60 lens cover. not just the parts... the actual results.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

I can appreciate you looking out for your fellow F-body owners however if you can build this setup that performs just as well for that price....feel free to put me out of business. I suggest doing some additional research on the components used in this kit before making assumptions on parts cost.

There is no argument regarding the cheaper options out there for these cars but performance is a whole different story.

Here is what the current market offers you.

- Hot spots
- Short beam width
- Glare (blinding oncoming drivers)
- Potential loss of high beam function if you buy a low beam only kit

This next pic is my own vehicle with Hella 165mm Free-Form Housing using a H4 High/Low kit.

Here is the current production ready kit.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Junkie

No doubt these are high quality kits and I am sure they are worth the money. People who have the coin and think this is as cool as I think it is, they will buy it. I have a Camaro though, and I do NOT have the coin for something like this. If I did, better believe I would be getting them. Our factory lights are like having two candles, literally. Good luck on the sales buddy!

Last edited by 1badzee; 06-27-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

now you will make one for camaro owners?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry to echo everybody else but, I'm all about better lights on these cars. I dont see how anyone can say the price is ridiculous unless they've personally seen the product and tried it. If these are built to last for years of use and are easy as you say for the install... Its probably worth every penny. How about some photos of parts themselves though?

Camaro folk:
If you dont mind the round head light look vs. square... here's an alternative for us :

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/
Old 06-27-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
Devil is in the details. If I could make it cheaper while maintaining quality and still keeping myself in business I would. The price will not be for everyone and there are cheaper options. This setup will provide a clean and easy install while taking any guess work out of a custom setup.

Like anything else, everyone's values are different. Thanks for looking.
i in no way meant any disrespect , or to open the door of negativity ...i do like the results lets see what gos into these lights and how they install...ect
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 AM
12 Second Club

I'm not trying to put anyone out of business or talk down on a produce at all. I've been into these cars for years and everytime someone has a good idea it ends up costing way more than what most of us an afford. This is the main reason in my opinion for the lack of new lt1 car parts. Look back at the intakes and heads that were made for our cars over the past few years. They sounded like they were what everyone wanted until the prices got out. Your product looks great and I'm sure you use quality parts but I just can't see spending that much personally.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:40 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by hyperzone
sorry to echo everybody else but, I'm all about better lights on these cars. I dont see how anyone can say the price is ridiculous unless they've personally seen the product and tried it. If these are built to last for years of use and are easy as you say for the install... Its probably worth every penny. How about some photos of parts themselves though?

Camaro folk:
If you dont mind the round head light look vs. square... here's an alternative for us :

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/u/mulgeary/Hella90/
The non production version on my own personal vehicle has been in use for 4+ years and when I pulled everything out, everything was still just as I installed it years ago. This was a big motivating factor to produce the 98-02 Firebird kit and now the 93-97 as I was not concerned it would last the tests of time.

I will take additional component pictures today for posting to show what is going into the kits. The setup will ship built and only require the protective lens to be sealed to the original headlight retaining ring plus plugging and running the wiring. The entire assembly will fit into the factory headlight bucket for stability and ease of adjustment.

I've seen the setup in your link but it seems the market wants something a bit more suited for the car. I can do something like that but not convinced it will sell. The setup will have to include projectors but something needs to be done to give it a shape more fitting to the car.

Originally Posted by defaultexistence
i in no way meant any disrespect , or to open the door of negativity ...i do like the results lets see what gos into these lights and how they install...ect
See my comments above.

I'm not trying to put anyone out of business or talk down on a produce at all. I've been into these cars for years and everytime someone has a good idea it ends up costing way more than what most of us an afford. This is the main reason in my opinion for the lack of new lt1 car parts. Look back at the intakes and heads that were made for our cars over the past few years. They sounded like they were what everyone wanted until the prices got out. Your product looks great and I'm sure you use quality parts but I just can't see spending that much personally.
In the interest thread for these lights I mentioned a price even higher than what these are on sale for now. Fortunately there was enough interest for me to move forward with the project. Using cheaper components that didn't perform was not an option for me. No one wants to spend anywhere near this kind of money and get something with lackluster results. A kit costing half this much would be no better than something off of ebay.

I can respect that these lights and price point are not for you however your comments were not taken as constructive criticism.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:37 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by BLSolutions
I can respect that these lights and price point are not for you however your comments were not taken as constructive criticism.
So what do you take it as? Is it really that hard to deal with my opinions of your product?
No amount of talk about durability or pics of you shining lights at a wall make up for a high price. What tests have been done on these lights? Have you run them non-stop for a long period of time to see if they overheat? Have you run them in snow or rain? Just saying they've been on a car for 4 years doesn't say how much you used that car.
If this product is what you say it is there should never be a problem if someone doesn't like it.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

So what do you take it as? Is it really that hard to deal with my opinions of your product?
No amount of talk about durability or pics of you shining lights at a wall make up for a high price. What tests have been done on these lights? Have you run them non-stop for a long period of time to see if they overheat? Have you run them in snow or rain? Just saying they've been on a car for 4 years doesn't say how much you used that car.
If this product is what you say it is there should never be a problem if someone doesn't like it.
The comments were taken as an insult to the efforts put into this kit with very little knowledge as to what it would take to produce this same product. The only constructive point in your reply was to make it cheaper. I have many very happy customers with their 98+ kits who also spent quite a bit more than this. Its very simple, if the kit is not for you, then don't buy it.

Showing the wall pics is the only way to show the benefit of the kit, otherwise all of these setups look similar head on.

Regarding durability, the projectors themselves are nearly the same as a Infiniti FX suv but these are modded for better output/clarity. Ballasts and lamps have an 18 month warranty. The mounting setup is aluminum and hardware is stainless steel so its likely a car accident would be the only way to make these fail. All the wiring is plug and play from the original headlight socket with quality weathertight components, wiring, and relays. No chintzy cheap stuff here. Temperature issues are no worse than these components in a factory OEM housing.

In the four years I've had the original kit, the car was driven during the night probably half the time and while its not driven in the rain consistently, its been enough heavy storms to show there are zero issues. The protective lens is acrylic and guaranteed not to yellow for 10 years.

I have no problem backing my product or dealing with someone who has a genuine question or concern about the kit. Again, check my feedback and you will see my customer service is second to none.

If you want to continue this conversation, please feel free to PM me. I have nothing to hide and I believe I have shown that, otherwise I would have been dead in the water after my first GP....
Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Final Weekend! - All PMs Returned
Old 07-10-2010, 09:14 PM
FormerVendor

Tomorrow is the last day of the GP! - Video's Posted

Cruising Around - Video camera isn't the best but you can clearly see the controlled light spread in the darker areas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVhv7WcjlM

Very dark street - Low and High Function Shown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKGt9CdP0Y

Quick Reply: 93-97 Firebird True Bi-Xenon Projector Retro - NOW ON SALE!!