Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Some videos from the F-body track day at Myrtle Beach Speedway SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some videos from the F-body track day at Myrtle Beach Speedway SC

Me driving my car around the track gf is recording, this was a blast like a go cart track on a huge scale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u621uQYWCSA

The guy that one the autocross competition did some sweet doughnuts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLL-dNXGXMA

I'll post more vids tomorrow its really late and I need to edit some
Old 07-18-2010, 09:56 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How fast were you going that time?

I dunno -- fast.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Launching!

whoever this is, nice driving! I think this was the fastest lap time in the autocross competition. I would have liked to participated but my brakes are terrible, figured I would just be knocking over cones like bowling pins lol. Anyway looks like these new camaros handle really well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_tHNlFxqrw
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, that's an insanely tight and slow autox layout...
Old 07-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Launching!

My first time racing legally lol. That mean *** idle you hear is the ws6 next to me not mine. This track was hard to get any traction on and it was weird having to start a dragrace making a slight left turn but still tons of fun. Anyway it was a close race until I let off the gas because we got way sideways.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSo5C-UMC0M
my second and final drag, since you get eliminated after losing twice I was against a early 90's late 80's camaro with I guess an LS swap and atleast a cam (it was fast). Didn't want to get sideways again so I kind of babied it off the line then floored it, figured I would lose no matter what I did lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XunSu1eb35g
Old 07-18-2010, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Purple95Z28
Wow, that's an insanely tight and slow autox layout...
yea it was I think everyone was in 1st gear the whole damn time
Old 07-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Some nice drifting around the autocross course
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnPSgoeYjdI

Filmed a few drag races after I lost twice then headed home.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptgX_FmBpR8
Old 07-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Launching!

Ok there's a few great videos of other peoples cars. Anybody happen to record my car (very stock looking ws6) doing anything? There was a decent turn out that day I don't have any videos from outside my car but i'd like some.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Aweosme vids!!! found my car at 2:38 of the drag race. Didn't expect my car to win a single race LMAO!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 PM
Launching!

didn't expect to win one either, and I didn't lol I think my car was close to the slowest one there, plus crappy all season tires but it was great fun! How did you place in drag racing? I didn't stay the whole time girlfriend was getting fussy lol but my money was on the yellow firebird with the blower
Old 07-19-2010, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

That was me in the blue '88 Z28. Crappy all seasons here too. I loved making the laps though. No traction for me in the drags. Did you see me smoking the tires against the red camaro, I was completely sideways at one point, but you can't see it in the vid. The wife said one girl was screaming, thought I was going to crash LOL. Nice vids man. Yes the auto cross was VERY tight . I had a blast. Hoped every else did too. Later, Dean.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DeanJ
That was me in the blue '88 Z28. Crappy all seasons here too. I loved making the laps though. No traction for me in the drags. Did you see me smoking the tires against the red camaro, I was completely sideways at one point, but you can't see it in the vid. The wife said one girl was screaming, thought I was going to crash LOL. Nice vids man. Yes the auto cross was VERY tight . I had a blast. Hoped every else did too. Later, Dean.
yea I noticed you went around the track like 80 times, whats done to your car? It seemed really fast on the front strait away. You got sideways like every race it seemed like, that was crazy. I got sideways racing the black TA and let out of the gas like a wuss
Old 07-20-2010, 04:17 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like alot of fun time to buy some new tires and mods and go back
Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xricer
didn't expect to win one either, and I didn't lol I think my car was close to the slowest one there, plus crappy all season tires but it was great fun! How did you place in drag racing? I didn't stay the whole time girlfriend was getting fussy lol but my money was on the yellow firebird with the blower
I won my first 6 races and lost in the finals to Bruce's yellow 3rd Gen....he walked me hard...that car is very fast.

Originally Posted by DeanJ
Dean I told ya once, I'll tell ya again, you car has the cleanest exhaust note ever. Mild at idle, scream at WOT, and doesn't sound all junky when theres a load on the motor and the RPMs are coming down....probably the cleanest exhaust note I've ever hear from an LS car.

Sorry we couldn't all get a table together at IHOP, but it was good to see ya before we left out. Next year I expect to see that thing in seom fresh paint!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by xricer
yea I noticed you went around the track like 80 times, whats done to your car? It seemed really fast on the front strait away. You got sideways like every race it seemed like, that was crazy. I got sideways racing the black TA and let out of the gas like a wuss
Yeah man, I LOVED making laps. I would probably still be there, if they didn't make us leave LOL. Best $20 I've ever spent. It has a LS1 bottom end, LS6 heads & intake, Comp cam, Hawks/Stainlessworks headers, Magnaflow muffler rest of the exhaust fabed by me. T56 trans, C5 vette wheels & brakes, probably some more stuff I forgot. Those Kumho radials aint much for traction HA HA, If I got on the throttle to early in the fourth turn it would get pretty loose!! I had a blast Later, Dean.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kyles2000z
I won my first 6 races and lost in the finals to Bruce's yellow 3rd Gen....he walked me hard...that car is very fast.

Dean I told ya once, I'll tell ya again, you car has the cleanest exhaust note ever. Mild at idle, scream at WOT, and doesn't sound all junky when theres a load on the motor and the RPMs are coming down....probably the cleanest exhaust note I've ever hear from an LS car.

Sorry we couldn't all get a table together at IHOP, but it was good to see ya before we left out. Next year I expect to see that thing in seom fresh paint!
Thanks for the compliments Kyle. I told Angel I didn't have a chance at winning anything in the car show, but wanted to support. I was floored when Terry called my name for the best exhaust trophy!! I've never heard it from the outside, so I'll take your word for it LOL. I think we got to the IHop a little early. Wished we could have sat together too. I see you're in Spartanburg, I work in Spartanburg at TM Race cars. Stop in sometimes and give me a yell. The good Lord willing, I'll be back next year, new paint and all!! I'll be better prepared next time. For some reason,I didn't even find out about the event till a week before. Thanks to all that had a hand in putting this event together. Maybe I can help next year, let me know. Oh I almost forgot, THIRD GENS RULE Later, Dean
Old 07-22-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

anyone get any pics from the car show ?
Old 07-23-2010, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

link to some pics from the car show

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1471005937
Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 PM
On The Tree