Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

Beware of smok'nZ!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Beware of smok'nZ!

Andrew (smok’nz) completely scammed me!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY

Let me preface this by saying I have been on the forums for years and have never tried to screw anyone over or scam anyone. I have 100% trader feedback on every forum I am on as well as eBay and have many transactions that can attest to my honesty.

I agreed to give him a great deal on my c5 z06 wheels are tires because he seemed like a really cool guy at the time ($700 SHIPPED). I spoke with him on the phone on (3/24/10) and specifically explained that the wheels were in great shape and that there was no curb rash, pitting, or chipping. I told him that the rear tires were completely done, one front tire was in good shape, and the other front was drive-able but was unevenly worn because of a misalignment. Andrew agreed to the quality of the wheels and saw detailed pics of the wheels and tires within my classified thread.

He asked me to ship the wheels via FedEx because he has had good experiences with them in his area. Even though I did not want to do so because I knew that the cost was significantly higher than going with UPS, I did so and it cost me $217 to ship with insurance. (The wheels were shipped the same day payment was sent)

I then received a PM yesterday (3/30/10) from Andrew stating that there were scratches on one of the wheels. I told him that I was very surprised to hear this because I inspected the wheels before shipping and advised him to file a claim with FedEx because I insured the wheels for shipping. I asked him to send me pictures of the wheels also and he sent me some blurry cell phone pics. Even though I was 99.999999% sure I did not ship the wheels with scratches or rash, I told him that I was sorry that he was not completely satisfied with the wheels and that I was willing to work with him.

Andrew asked me for a $50 refund and I told him that I had already taken a huge hit on the wheels with the shipping costs but that I would give him $50 out of good faith because I felt bad. About 20 minutes later, I then received an email from PayPal stating that Andrew had opened a dispute against me and that he wants $100 refund (although we had previously agreed to $50). I immediately contacted Andrew and he said that he had changed his mind and that I should meet him in the middle at $75. I was completely outraged but told him that all of this bullshit wasn’t worth my time and that I would refund him the $75 if he closed the dispute and we could be done with this. He agreed to leave positive feedback and close the dispute on PayPal if I refunded him the $75. Within the details of the $75 PayPal payment I sent to Andrew, I even specified this…

“Here is the $75 refund you requested. Per our previous conversation, in accepting this payment, you agree to leave positive feedback on ls1tech and you also agree to not open any further disputes or claims via PayPal or LS1tech.”

Today, I receive a text message from Andrew saying that one of the tires had the cords showing and to enjoy the negative feedback he was going to leave me. He completely went against his word and even though he accepted the $75 refund, went against the terms of the refund that we agreed to.

I am absolutely livid right now. Andrew is downright dishonest and a scammer! Do NOT trust this guy or do business with him.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

WTF is with people on tech recently. There is an abnormal amount of scammers. I would be pissed too bro.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This guy has a ton of postive feedback and I thought it would be an easy transaction. I WAS WRONG. HE seemed to be really cool when I talked to him on the phone and I told him that I would hook him up with a deal because I had just recieved a raise at work, got a good deal on my new wheels, and was having a great day. I got completely screwed. At the end of the day, I got $408 for my great condition c5 z06 wheels
Old 03-31-2010, 03:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Times are hard, people are more desperate these days? Thats about all I can guess.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss1129
Times are hard, people are more desperate these days? Thats about all I can guess.
i know man its just unfortunate that it came to this. i have never had a bad expereince buying and or selling on any of the forums i have been on (tech, pro-touring, lateral-g, cf, tahoeyukon, mtbr, norcal-lsx, e46fanatics, ect) .

its really not the money that i am concerned about and that is why i didnt mind "paying it foward" or giving this guy a deal. instead, what really pisses me off is the fact that this guy tried to screw me and is absolutely dishonest.

i dont want to let this guys' 100% trader feedback fool anyone else on here.

i dont know if he is just young an immature (using his mom's paypal) or what the deal is.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Teching In

Wow you paid all the shipping costs AND gave him a break on the rims price wise? That blows man sorry to hear about dealing w/ D bags... Least you have the raise at work to look forward to Karma's a B his motor probably blows this time next week if were lucky lol... no but serious... kaboom...
Old 03-31-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have any negative feedback, yet anyway. Sounds like you did the right thing with him, you can't make everyone happy.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gigemrick
Wow you paid all the shipping costs AND gave him a break on the rims price wise? That blows man sorry to hear about dealing w/ D bags... Least you have the raise at work to look forward to Karma's a B his motor probably blows this time next week if were lucky lol... no but serious... kaboom...
thanks man. i would never wish harm or misfortune upon someone but i know that karma will come back around.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the wheels acording to him had no curb rash and one rear did and one front has 2 dents he said rear tires needed replaced i knew that one fronts was showing the chords and was cracking and the other tires on the dented front doesnt even match he didnt mention this at all
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
You don't have any negative feedback, yet anyway. Sounds like you did the right thing with him, you can't make everyone happy.
i got some now...lol
Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smok'nZ
well the wheels acording to him had no curb rash and one rear did and one front has 2 dents he said rear tires needed replaced i knew that one fronts was showing the chords and was cracking and the other tires on the dented front doesnt even match he didnt mention this at all
You told me one rear wheel had some scratches on it and sent me some shitty cell phone pics. I asked you to open a claim through fedex because the wheels were in great shape before I shipped them out. You said that it looked like the "rash" or "dent" couldn't have been caused by shipping and i told you that even though I found it very hard to believe, I was willing to work with you.

How do I know you didn't damage them yourself??? But I took you word and out of good faith, I gave you a refund. You then go against our agreed terms and tell me to "enjoy the negative feedback"
Old 03-31-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now there are dents too? What's next???? Are you going to open a dispute with Paypal stating you never recieved any wheels?

You have got to be kidding me....
Old 03-31-2010, 03:29 PM
MASS seller approved

i requested 100 via paypal an hour before he said anything about 50$ i told him i would meet in the middle with 75 and i had only seen 3 wheels at that time today fedex delivered the 4th with a missmatching tire and dented in 2 spots on the rim he decribed the wheels as mint no dents scratches etc i still have all the pm's and about the 75$ he filed a clam about it so i still paid 700+3% fee for scratched wheels with no tires all are junk except one which im not gonna buy 3 to match it so might as well throw it away you lied about the wheels end of story
Old 03-31-2010, 03:33 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by FadedSS
Now there are dents too? What's next???? Are you going to open a dispute with Paypal stating you never recieved any wheels?

You have got to be kidding me....
i told you i only had 3 wheels you can call fed ex and ask them but ya the other 17" wheel came today with the missmatching tire and has 2 dents in it and i just text my friend to see if he can bring the digi camera today

no im going to reopen my claim on paypal and state wheels where not as described
Old 03-31-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i requested 100 via paypal an hour before he said anything about 50$ i told him i would meet in the middle with 75 and i had only seen 3 wheels at that time today fedex delivered the 4th with a missmatching tire and dented in 2 spots on the rim he decribed the wheels as mint no dents scratches etc i still have all the pm's and about the 75$ he filed a clam about it so i still paid 700+3% fee for scratched wheels with no tires all are junk except one which im not gonna buy 3 to match it so might as well throw it away you lied about the wheels end of story
NO it is not the end of the story. First off, please use some grammar and puntuation so I can understand what you are trying to say.

I sent the wheels out in great condition and have people that can attest to that. I never specified that the tires matched and when I spoke to you on the phone, I described the condition of the tires accurately.

Even though you accepeted the $75 refund and terms of the refund we agreed to, you deliberately went against that.

Now you are saying that another wheel has imperfections and that you had not previously looked at all of the wheels when you accepted the money I returned out of good faith.

So that is my fault? Once again, I sent the wheels in great shape without these "DENTS or RASH" you speak of. How do I know you didn't damage these wheels on your own? I even offered to file a claim via FedEx since I paid $217 to ship these wheels with insurance.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:45 PM
MASS seller approved

dont worry ill have pics of them soon, and i can i put dents and rashes in the wheels when my car doesnt even have the tranny hooked up? why would i want cur rashed wheels just to get some money back i bought them from you bc you said mint condishion no curb rash etc
Old 03-31-2010, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i told you i only had 3 wheels you can call fed ex and ask them but ya the other 17" wheel came today with the missmatching tire and has 2 dents in it and i just text my friend to see if he can bring the digi camera today

no im going to reopen my claim on paypal and state wheels where not as described
Once again, I understand that you think the wheels are not as described. Even though I don't agree with you, I told you that I was willing to work with you and make things right (i.e. opening a claim with FedEx).

You then go and backstab me after I issued you an agreed to refund based on your subjective opinion regrading the condition of the wheels.

So it is my fault you did not thoroughly inspect all of the wheels before accepting the refund money?

Now you are reporting dents...You are ridiculous
Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dont worry ill have pics of them soon, and i can i put dents and rashes in the wheels when my car doesnt even have the tranny hooked up? why would i want cur rashed wheels just to get some money back i bought them from you bc you said mint condishion no curb rash etc

If they were really fucked up like you said they were why did you accept shipment? I issued you a refund solely based on your word (which obviously doesn't mean much) and then you screw me over.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Let's see some pictures, let the truth be told!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Dents on rims don't happen very easily but they DO happen in the shipping process. When I had my supercharger rebuilt and sent back to me it had dropped at some point in the shipping process and bent the unit that hooks up with the motor. I'm just saying it "could" be the shipping co. fault not necessarily a he said she said thing.... Just saying... .02

Quick Reply: Beware of smok'nZ!