Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol

Before I start this, I just gotta say that sometimes I get a real kick out of how some people can completely ignore all that facts and physics concerning acceleration and speed when it comes to talking about their cars.

I just got my Z28 about 3 months ago, and now that I have to fund it, I got a new part-time job... at office max (dont laugh, it pays for gas). Well about two weeks ago we hired on another worker. I was basically the highest ranking non-management person there at the time, and the new comes up to me and introduces himself. Well, before i can even spit out my name he says "are there any ricer-guys workin here?" I point to another associate, and say "yeah he has a civic." Then the new guy says "GOOD!!" he turns and points out the front window at my car (which he didnt know was mine, and states very bluntly "I sure am glad that everybody that works here dosent have some piece of **** of domestic like that camaro!"

This is where you would expect me to get mad, but instead I curious. I asked very politely and calmly "what do you drive?" Suddenly pride wells up inside his stupid little body and he practically blows a load when he points out the window at a silver talon (stock 5sp. NO TURBO.....lol) and says "Thats mine the Talon! He goes on for awhile braggin about it andhow it runs high 15's (a total load of BS).

Numerous times I hold myself back from giving him my .02 on his car, until finally he looks over at my camaro again and says "Damn those LS1's, The people who own those things think they are so fast! BUT THEY ARENT. I kept up with a C5 all the way through 4th gear. Ive "dusted" a ton of z28's. WHAT A BUNCH OF ****! WHO THE **** WOULD EVER BUY ONE OF THOSE THINGS!

Now im a little torqued. I looked him directly in the eye "I DID." He froze.

I went on "You think you can wax me? You think that little 1 . nothin can even keep pace with my bonified new-age american muscle car? Ill own you *** every time! Set a time and place and I'll race your ***."

He then started preaching to me about power - to - weight ratio. once he was done I simply asked "how many car lengths head start will you need?"

That was all ive really said to him.

Since that day he's been telling everyone at work that he could "dust my car" and if he didnt win overall, he would atleast kill me off the line. The sad part about all of this is that most of my coworkers believe him. Just because he has an aftermarked front bumper, they think he can run with actual sports cars. He tells people that he think my car is grotesquely ugly. Its gonna be funny how bad I pound this dude into the ground if he keeps talkin **** on my car. I cant wait to line up against him.

Last edited by natronathon; 08-10-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Please, for the love of god, dust his *** Do it for the good of America. Also why you're at it, point out that a talon is domestic..
Old 08-07-2004, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give em 2 cars and the hit...... u'll pass em by 50. maybe go get some BF drag radials to help you pull a 1.9 on the street next to em
Old 08-07-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats right!! they are domestic! What a dumb-****!
Old 08-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Launching!

That office max newbie is pegging the 'dumb-***' gauge for sure. Try to get as many of your co-workers as possible to come along and witness the race, so that when you WASTE HIS *** they won't believe his mulititude of excuses and/or outright lies about the outcome.

His attitude perfectly captures what I can't stand about ricers: he likes his own car, that's fine, but he doesn't have any respect for what other people drive! I wouldn't be caught dead driving a Honda, but you don't see me throwing rotten vegetables into a crowd of import enthusiasts, either. They can drive whatever they like, and I'll enjoy my F-body thank you very much.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Heman Pimp Daddy

Sounds like he is just jealous. Next time you see him at a party, bring him next to a keg and say this is how big my engine is, then show him a two liter bottle, and say see this, its bigger then yours.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Staging Lane

please for the love of all f-body owners torch his ***
Old 08-07-2004, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

im not worried about winning the race. I just have to get his pansy *** to actually line em up!
(prayer)
Please dear lord, help to to teach this heathen a lesson.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

>>are there any ricer-guys workin here?" <<

This guy actually said this?!?!
Old 08-07-2004, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i swear to god. those were his exact words!
Its hard to believe, but you have to consider that this guy isnt all there
he thinks his 4cyl talon is gonna "dust" my z28

1 word for him: Duestch-bag (its hypheniated, it counts as one word)
Old 08-07-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not trying to hijack your thread, but I wanna rant a little myself. I was headed to church last night in the Formula and as I pass a neighborhood, some kid with this 300Z is sittiing there waiting to pull out. I had to laugh as I went by cause he had no bumper whatsoever due to the large intercooler he was running with a new turbo setup he's got on the car. Well I look in my rearview as I pass and he flies out behind me and gets sideways in the road which kinda ticked me off a bit cause there were more cars behind me and he was putting his life and everyone else's life in danger by doing crap like that on a busy road right at 5 in the afternoon. So I just drove on and laughed about it. Well we get up to the red light and he's still behind me and decides to rev the engine up and get those turbos whining. So I just figured I'd give him a little music too, and through the car in neutral, pulled up the e-brake and revved up to about 4k a couple of times to let the engine burble out through the gmmg system. Than as the light turned green I just eased out and went on down the road. Well we get to the next light and I wasn't wanting him to take it as a challenge, cause I was almost at church. So I roll my window down, stick my arm out and give him a thumbs up. So as we go through the light, the church is right there and it's a sharp almost 90 degree turn to the right and as i start making the turn he goes into the left hand oncoming lane and flys past. I just thought, man that's why I can't stand guys with decent imports cause even when you do give them some respect they just do something stupid like that and take it back away. Sorry to rant, but it just kinda irritated me. I can respect some of the nicer imports that actually have the power to back up there mouth but this guy just seemed really full of himself. It made me wish I'd had my dual QTec's here and installed, just to have seen his face drooling.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
give em 2 cars and the hit...... u'll pass em by 50. maybe go get some BF drag radials to help you pull a 1.9 on the street next to em

I think he should get atleast 3 car lengths, to really shove it in.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the sad part is that you will hand him his ***, and he will convince himself that it was a fluke, his car ran bad or whatever, and he will continue to be absorbed into his ricer life. ive already had this happen twice, once with a 3000GT non turbo, and an AWD turbo stealth. funny thing is the 3000gt doesnt want to race again when hes running "better" and the AWD stealth doesnt want to race again with his boost controller turned up "this time." oh well, i dont think im gonna play with the ricer boys at all anymore, no matter how obnoxious they can be. maybe i will result to that throwing rotten vegetables thing.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:30 PM
10 Second Club

being a former DSM owner (not a non-turbo pos talon but an awd turbo one). well- to start out my dsm (dsm stands for diamond star motors, a merger of plymouth/mitsubishi/eagle) ran 12.40's @ 108mph so it was no joke. i HATED non-turbo guys, there was like ONE non-turbo guy in the 13's and they thought he was GOD! a turbo awd dsm will be in the 13's with like 500$ or less.

tell this idiot that he is driving a widebody neon and he is giving all REAL dsmers a bad name. even if his nt pos widebody neon is modified he is lucky if he grazes high 15's. the nt talon/eclipse/lazer is JUNK- it is like having a 4 cylinder mustang or a 6 cylinder f-body and talking ****.

if you work at night i have a trick for you to **** with him..it won't mess his car up but it will make him worry at least a little bit

1. get under his car- by the drivers side beside his oil pan there is the oil pressure sending unit.
2. the sender wire is only a slide-on piece, one wire and is on the very bottum of the pressure sending unit.
3.. pull this wire off and tuck it up somewhere (it should just pull off and clip back on). the wire will not break or anything, it can clip/unclip at one's leisure)
4. whipe off your back and try not to laugh.

now when he starts his car (given the stock oil pressure gauge still worked) he will be reading NO oil pressure! if he is any type of car person he will IMMEDIATELY turn the car off and check the oil/ be worried a little bit.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Love
Sounds like he is just jealous. Next time you see him at a party, bring him next to a keg and say this is how big my engine is, then show him a two liter bottle, and say see this, its bigger then yours.
lol, thats a good one
Old 08-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by luvmeZ28
the sad part is that you will hand him his ***, and he will convince himself that it was a fluke, his car ran bad or whatever, and he will continue to be absorbed into his ricer life.

Oh well, i dont think im gonna play with the ricer boys at all anymore, no matter how obnoxious they can be. maybe i will result to that throwing rotten vegetables thing.
The really sad part about the ricer crowd is if we did start lobbing the rotten produce at them, they'd think "Those F-body guys are just jealous because they don't have fast cars like WE do!"

There's no reasoning with a fanatic
Old 08-08-2004, 12:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That little boy is an idiot! I have a bunch of DSM-owning friends. One turbo'd his '95 Talon ESi, and he's having nothing but problems with it. Anyways, before he turbo'd it, all he had for a "mod" was a Weapon-R Dragon intake system (oh, and he took out his back seats and carpeting for weight savings , probably about 10 lbs-worth total), and he was grazing 16.9's all the time. No non-turbo (N/T) DSM will see better than mid 16's. Mid 16's is something they'd see after some bolt-ons for God's sake.

Smoke this little ********** for all he's worth, and gather a crowd just for the hell of it. But... don't do this "Give him a few car length's jump start"-bullcrap. Rape him from the beginning so he gets the full dose of OWNAGE right away. Either that or make sure you tell him and make him know that he's getting the jump. Otherwise he'll just be like "Awww damn dawg, I was this-and-that amount of car lenghts behind you. I hung with you pretty well." Just dust his *** off the start and keep goin'. If you hit your brakes at 60 or so, he'll just fly by and be like "Holy **** yo, I wasted your ***!" God stupid ******* like this little **** **** me off. The ONLY thing better about his car than your Z28, and I mean ONLY, is that he's probably paying cheaper insurance.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just got home from work, he was there. Talkin **** behind my back as usaul. The suprising thing about this whole situation isnt the fact that he's talking smack, its that I am keepin my cool about it. Everytime he says somethin, I feel sorry for him, he's so ignorant.
ANYWAY HERES WHAT HAPPENED:

As usaul once he started talking ****, I said: "Fine buddy, Lets line em up... right afterwork, wont take but 5 mins. His excuse is that he has to go meet some friends in Salina (a town about 40 mins.) away. BULLSHIT.

Lucky for me we all get off of work at the same time. I am pulling out of my spot just somewhat infront of him, as he revs his motor and gets right behind me. That was the straw that broke the camels back. Calmly I drive foward, let is shift into second and keep it right at a little over thirty, THEN I FLOOR IT AND IT DROPS A GEAR, AND CRANK THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT and pull a donught about 50 feet in front of his ***** talon. I powerslid the car sideways out of the donught and leave at least 20 -30 ft marks not including the marks made by the donught. Smoke everywhere. I could even see my boss clapping as I drove back by. It was one of those moments, that I believe god intended me to be a part of. (God would drive an F-Body if he drove anything at all).

I cant wait to get that bastards reaction to it on tuesday when I work with him again!
Old 08-08-2004, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I applaud you for your restraint. If I were you, I'd ask him to race at least 50 times everytime I worked with him. Every conversation I had with him would begin and end with "wanna race?" He'd hear the words "wanna race?" in his sleep.
Old 08-08-2004, 06:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
being a former DSM owner (not a non-turbo pos talon but an awd turbo one). well- to start out my dsm (dsm stands for diamond star motors, a merger of plymouth/mitsubishi/eagle) ran 12.40's @ 108mph so it was no joke. i HATED non-turbo guys, there was like ONE non-turbo guy in the 13's and they thought he was GOD! a turbo awd dsm will be in the 13's with like 500$ or less.

tell this idiot that he is driving a widebody neon and he is giving all REAL dsmers a bad name. even if his nt pos widebody neon is modified he is lucky if he grazes high 15's. the nt talon/eclipse/lazer is JUNK- it is like having a 4 cylinder mustang or a 6 cylinder f-body and talking ****.

My daily ride is one of those 'JUNK-Eclipse's' that you are talking about...
The car currently has 231,000k on it and still cranks on the first lick, does NOT burn crap for oil, and is so inexpensive to drive that it as not funny. Granted, The Eclipse I have is NOT a fast car, But because this 'Junk' car was (and is) so dependable I was able to put a Z-28 in the garage right next to it with the money I saved...

When you get about 200,000k on your Z-28, Let's talk about who has a 'JUNK' car... And then we can talk about how much money you had to whoop out of your pocket to keep your shisnit running for those 200k miles...

I don't even pretend to think that my DSM is faster than a Camaro, but
I know for sure that it is much more dependable. The Non-Turbo DSM's are NOT 'JUNK' Slow sometimes, but definitely NOT junk...

Quick Reply: The ALMIGHTY Eagle Talon!..... lol