Few pics of "what is happening!!"

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few pics of "what is happening!!"

Snapped some photos of the little turbo....yeah, the other one is bigger This is a large framed 88mm. My GM intake and a pic of my battery tray I made. I've got the cut-off switch mounted behind the panel with just the rod sticking out. I tried to hide all that I could. All that is going in the red TA. Stock and plain looking...best bait there is
Attached Thumbnails Few pics of "what is happening!!"-dsc00052.jpg   Few pics of "what is happening!!"-dsc00055.jpg   Few pics of "what is happening!!"-dsc00064.jpg   Few pics of "what is happening!!"-dsc00069.jpg   Few pics of "what is happening!!"-dsc00066.jpg  

Old 01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh chit!
its out now!

found that 8th injector yet?
Old 01-03-2006, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbo'd stang
Stock and plain looking...best bait there is
sure is
Old 01-03-2006, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

...holy ****.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
...holy ****.
that doesnt even begin to descrip that hair dryer.
its HUGE.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brandon
that doesnt even begin to descrip that hair dryer.
its HUGE.

looks to be almost as big as the wheel
Old 01-04-2006, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Snapped some photos of the little turbo....yeah, the other one is bigger This is a large framed 88mm. My GM intake and a pic of my battery tray I made. I've got the cut-off switch mounted behind the panel with just the rod sticking out. I tried to hide all that I could. All that is going in the red TA. Stock and plain looking...best bait there is

You should have said something about the battery bracket...I could have made you a aluminum tray like what is in my car..weighs like 1.5 lbs...

And dude....call a ***** when you are ready for the piping to be cut and ****...we can load up my new big daddy bandsaw...you see the X i made fumbling around with it for my first time...its the **** as far as cutting goes!
Old 01-04-2006, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
You should have said something about the battery bracket...I could have made you a aluminum tray like what is in my car..weighs like 1.5 lbs...

And dude....call a ***** when you are ready for the piping to be cut and ****...we can load up my new big daddy bandsaw...you see the X i made fumbling around with it for my first time...its the **** as far as cutting goes!

I was going to make it out of Al., but wanted it to be welded to the car, being it was in the spare tire well. That turbo will support plenty of power....way more than I will ever use. A few extra pounds shouldn't hurt it. What sucks about that turbo is that it weighs 50+ pounds and when you are trying to lift it up to find a place to mount it....it gets damn heavy. There really is no good place to mount it....I may have found a spot, but will have to wait until the battery and all that are gone.

I haven't seen your x-pipe..where's it at?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I was going to make it out of Al., but wanted it to be welded to the car, being it was in the spare tire well. That turbo will support plenty of power....way more than I will ever use. A few extra pounds shouldn't hurt it. What sucks about that turbo is that it weighs 50+ pounds and when you are trying to lift it up to find a place to mount it....it gets damn heavy. There really is no good place to mount it....I may have found a spot, but will have to wait until the battery and all that are gone.

I haven't seen your x-pipe..where's it at?
I know what you mean about that bitch being heavy...You arent trying to keep the AC are you? You gonna build your kit off of truck manifolds? if so i got a set for ya...Daniel already has the mating flanges at the shop to get with Nelly to see if he can cut em out for us.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/tools-fabrication/430018-x-pipe-i-made-weekend.html

Right there.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 AM
9 Second Club

I dunno, my plain red stock looking TA never got any takers... lol
Old 01-04-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
I know what you mean about that bitch being heavy...You arent trying to keep the AC are you? You gonna build your kit off of truck manifolds? if so i got a set for ya...Daniel already has the mating flanges at the shop to get with Nelly to see if he can cut em out for us.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=430018

Right there.

I'm going to try and keep the AC...hopefully. I'm going to build my own headers.

x-pipe looks good for a quickie. You need to get in the collector business. Put that saw to good use.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm going to try and keep the AC...hopefully. I'm going to build my own headers.

x-pipe looks good for a quickie. You need to get in the collector business. Put that saw to good use.
Dont want to get that deep in it..Just keep it as a hobby really.