Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Leather Conditioner . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Leather Conditioner . . . .

Looking to breathe some life back into the rock hard leather in my 1998 Z28 convertible. Its all in really nice shape except for the driver's side bolster(need to have that replaced), and the top of the back seat, where its really, really dry. The front seats in my Cadillac are kind of "dry" feeling as well.

The guys at the Cadillac forums swear by this product. http://www.leatherique.com/

Anybody else used this stuff? I really hate to drop $50 on a product that doesn't work. Or if you have something else that works great, let me know.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Lexol Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner. Easy to use and works well for me, also only $7 each. I've tried a few different leather cleaner/conditioners and I stick to either Lexol or Blue Magic, but I've never heard of that stuff. You can find Lexol or Blue Magic at Advance or Autozone usually.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought a bottle of the Mequires Gold Class - Leather conditioner/cleaner and used it on my Suburban and BMW. Really good stuff and worked really well on cleaning and leaving them soft. I've always used Lexol as well, but thought I'd try this stuff as well and it's really good.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shenlon
I use Lexol Cleaner and Lexol Conditioner. Easy to use and works well for me, also only $7 each. I've tried a few different leather cleaner/conditioners and I stick to either Lexol or Blue Magic, but I've never heard of that stuff. You can find Lexol or Blue Magic at Advance or Autozone usually.
Most detailers will tell you to use Lexol. I was a firm believer when I was looking at used F bodies and I touched the leather on one and it felt better than new. The guy owned a detail shop and said Lexol is all he uses.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 500 Likes on 361 Posts

Another vote for Meguiar's. It works real well on all 3 of my cars. Under $10. If the seats are shot, I'm not sure much of anything will work. Otherwise use this product once every 3-4 months and it will keep the seats soft and clean.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zaino Z-9 leather cleaner/Z-10 conditioner
Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I use Meguiars wipes and works well. i wanted to try lexol as i hear its pretty good stuff. but for how much i paid for the meguiars wipes im happy with it.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:58 AM
TECH Regular

Since you have a convertible like me dont use the Meguire's Gold Class it's like a magnifying glass for the sun and will dry out your seats. Use the Zaino or I'm using Surf City Leather cleaner and their leather rejuvinator. The rejuvinator has a UV protectant added to help protect your seats from the sun when the tops down. It'll also make your interior smell like new.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

I use armor all leather conditioner in my car. It comes in the orange bottle it works pretty well.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Teching In

I use Leather Masters, it is a 3 step process, but it will get your leather looking better than new.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redracer1
Since you have a convertible like me dont use the Meguire's Gold Class it's like a magnifying glass for the sun and will dry out your seats. Use the Zaino or I'm using Surf City Leather cleaner and their leather rejuvinator. The rejuvinator has a UV protectant added to help protect your seats from the sun when the tops down. It'll also make your interior smell like new.
that one of the great things about zaino it brings back that new car leather smell
Old 06-12-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

X3 on the Zaino.... Great product.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Zaino leather products smell just like new leather and works great to make your leather SOFT.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use Meguiar's Leather wipes and Interior cleaner wipes. Work well and smell pretty good too.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 500 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by redracer1
Not sure where you received that info on Meguiar's. I'm sure Meguiar's would be fascinated by your comment and source. I've used Meguiar's for many years on all 3 of my verts. Excellent product, zero issues.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Launching!

I have researched the leatherique system for a while, from all my research, it's a great product, though as always try on an inconspicuous area first.

Here's a site with some results from a 25th Anniversary Trans Am - it has white leather so you can really see the difference:
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...er-system.html

Good Luck, OP, post some pics if you can!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Cheetoh
X3 on the Zaino.... Great product.
x10 on the Zaino - it does wonders to leather seats. Mine are in great condition, but you can tell it really absorbs into the leather and makes it soft.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SteelCityYaga
I have researched the leatherique system for a while, from all my research, it's a great product, though as always try on an inconspicuous area first.

Here's a site with some results from a 25th Anniversary Trans Am - it has white leather so you can really see the difference:
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...er-system.html

Good Luck, OP, post some pics if you can!
WOW!!! Seeing that white leather Trans Am seat was quite amazing. I'm sold on the leatherique. Also, that silver Ferrari drop top with the blue leather interior was just

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioner . . . .