Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It's a good day! Official BS thread. All the daddys on here come in

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool It's a good day! Official BS thread. All the daddys on here come in

Damnit if I'm not having a good week!!! Today went to the 2nd doctor's appointment for my fiance since we are expecting our first kid. It has been crazy! My mom passed away when I was 17 and my dad passed away 2 months ago. So that was almost like a closing of the book for my life with them and family (hurt like o-holy hell and still does) but on the flip side the girl of my dreams is having my first child and we are getting married in less than 6 weeks! So its like an opening to my future family and I'm so damn excited about that. She is due May 14th and I cannot wait for it to get here! Man just thinking about all the things I want to do with my kid just puts a smile on my face. I've heard and heard and read on FB of all my friends having babies and them saying how its such a great feeling. I honestly thought they were going over the top and making it more of a deal than it is but boy was I wrong. I feel like I want to tell everyone I see out in public I'm expecting my first child. Right now in life I'm having it real rough (some of you know, some of you don't) but damn it I don't feel like the luckiest guy on the Earth right about now!

On top of that yesterday after putting my truck up for sale for 1 day I sold it for $9400 and the SAME DAY I found a 1 owner 97 Integra LS with only 82k miles garage kept for $4400 !! I'm going to try to talk them down to $3600 Going to go get it in 2 hours down in Atlanta and bringing it home and turning around and ordering a turbo kit tomorrow.

Sometimes God does things that need to be done that we might not think is fair, but he never gives you negative without paying you back positive. I'm no soap box Christian but I will say that God is good!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Damnit if I'm not having a good week!!! Today went to the 2nd doctor's appointment for my fiance since we are expecting our first kid. It has been crazy! My mom passed away when I was 17 and my dad passed away 2 months ago. So that was almost like a closing of the book for my life with them and family (hurt like o-holy hell and still does) but on the flip side the girl of my dreams is having my first child and we are getting married in less than 6 weeks! So its like an opening to my future family and I'm so damn excited about that. She is due May 14th and I cannot wait for it to get here! Man just thinking about all the things I want to do with my kid just puts a smile on my face. I've heard and heard and read on FB of all my friends having babies and them saying how its such a great feeling. I honestly thought they were going over the top and making it more of a deal than it is but boy was I wrong. I feel like I want to tell everyone I see out in public I'm expecting my first child. Right now in life I'm having it real rough (some of you know, some of you don't) but damn it I don't feel like the luckiest guy on the Earth right about now!

On top of that yesterday after putting my truck up for sale for 1 day I sold it for $9400 and the SAME DAY I found a 1 owner 97 Integra LS with only 82k miles garage kept for $4400 !! I'm going to try to talk them down to $3600 Going to go get it in 2 hours down in Atlanta and bringing it home and turning around and ordering a turbo kit tomorrow.

Sometimes God does things that need to be done that we might not think is fair, but he never gives you negative without paying you back positive. I'm no soap box Christian but I will say that God is good!!!
amen brotha ......im sorry to hear about your folks passing. That is a tough load to bear for anyone. Glad to see you are doing ok. CONGRATS on the lil one. I too am having my first child. My gf of 2+years is almost 6 months prego. Lol ima tell you now tho...expect her to FLIP **** over ANYTHING. Always know she is right and your WRONG. I need another vehicle too and lookin to get a lil somthin like you have found to scoot around in when i get back from the desert. Again CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Congratulations man! Good luck with the family And congrats on the sale and future purchase
Old 11-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Congrats. Good luck with the teg. Just no ebay **** please
Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a kid is like riding a roller coaster. Ups and downs a plenty. I had my first and only when I was 20 and he just turned 7. It's been alot of fun and he is a great kid. My dad and I haven't spoken since I was 5 but a couple months before he died he reached out to me. I was able to meet and talk about things before cancer took him, close chapters and show I wasn't going to repeat his mistakes. I guess the reason I brought that up is because you mentioned your parents and starting your family. I'm sure you will work hard to make it the best you can now that you are starting your family after yours ended. God bless
Old 11-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm really happy for you, Kevin! You deserve it.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear... BUt congrats on the soon to be new baby. My lil runt will turn 7 months on the 5th
Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell yea! I am happy for ya again Kevin, you have gone through some hell after July but you stayed strong and it's all getting better for ya and **** is working out! Tell Mary congratulations also. I hope everything continues to only get better too man! You deserve it.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

my 2nd lil boy as born last monday, my 1st boy turned 5 yesterday, my wife's b-day is today..

yup, time to hi tup olive garden

its a good day
Old 11-03-2010, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats Kevin! Good background story!

You are still keeping the Mustangs right?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Congrats!! I am 34 and had my first and only child 18 months ago, Also my birthday is May 14th woot! Your baby is going to be a stubborn Taurus like me! Anyways my baby Mia says hi.

-Buddy-

Its an old pic but still a great one!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SO basically you still have no videos of your car racing. Got it....bitch
Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Restricted User

This is the street racing/kill stories section... Still sorry to hear about ur parents and glad to hear things are going better for ya. Goodluck
Old 11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
Launching!

grats man, i have 2 boys 5 and 7. like has been said, its a roller coaster ride. sometimes theres nothing better, like a few days ago my 7y/o came up and gave me a picture he drew of me with big muscles on the arms and it said "i want to be just like you" , then there are times when its not to great like the whole potty training ordeal.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Update: I did get the 97 Integra LS.

Pros:

-Has just touched over 83,000 miles
-One owner never wrecked
-Car is 100% stock virgin
-Interior is in AMAZING condition. It literally looks new!
-Doesn't have an old car smell
-Never been smoked in which is a big plus to me cause I don't smoke

Cons:

-Paint looks to be original and needing help soon
-Missing antenna LOL
-Window on driver's side shakes when it goes up

Now what pisses me off is on Craigslist the price they listed was $4,495. I drive 3 hours to get there and they tell me there is a $399 dealer fee that I have to pay! I told them. Well after we went back and forth with pretty heated exchanges on my part they wouldn't freaking budge off the price. After missing work, driving that far, and the car was that nice and not beat to hell I had to get it. I ended up paying $4,400 out the door. Not sure if I got a decent deal or not. But I like the car alot and feel its a good platform to start at.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by z99ls1
This is the street racing/kill stories section...
Well you are right. On the way home I lined up against my fiance in her Mach and I just punched it. After she realized I was racing her she shut me down. It was pretty ugly and I think she was just toying with me.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:14 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey, like I said on FB, you're in for a beautiful ride dude. It's stressful at first but then it just clicks. You'll loose sleep for a little while but nothing crazy, just start reading and taking advice now.

My girl just turned 6 months on Saturday, I'm loving it more and more each day. You see progress daily and it makes you want to rush home and see what they learn to do. The Lord is awesome dude.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:17 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by z99ls1
This is the street racing/kill stories section... Still sorry to hear about ur parents and glad to hear things are going better for ya. Goodluck
We randomly open a BS thread to talk about.....anything. We keep it open and see where it goes. Feel free to add whatever you like, in the BS threads.

Guys, lets try to keep only (1) BS thread open at a time though-

Thank you
Old 11-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Congrats on the little one it is def a life changing event. Hope you are ready for the gray hair! lol!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats man. I was 37 when the boys were born they are 4 now. I wish now I hadn't waited as long as I did. I wish you and your girl the best.