Advanced Engineering Tech For the more hardcore LS1TECH residents

Cam Motion Cam Timer Valve Event Calculator

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 106 Likes on 50 Posts
Thumbs up Cam Motion Cam Timer Valve Event Calculator

Cam Motion is happy to provide our handy Cam Motion Cam Timer free for download to tech savvy engine builders, racers & enthusiasts.

This quick and handy camshaft valve event calculator is quick to pull up and easy to use. You can change any of the fields (except for overlap) and all of the other fields will automatically update after clicking the update button. You can open multiple instances of this application at once, so comparing a few different profiles is easy.

Here is a preview image of the program:

This windows application download is contained in a .zip file. Merely download the .zip file from the page linked to below, unzip the file and it is ready to go. Enjoy!

You can download the Cam Motion Cam Timer here:
http://www.cammotion.com/cam-timer.php

Be sure to share this free Cam Timer with your fellow performance industry professionals and technical minded racers and enthusiasts.

If you have any questions, you can ask them here.

The Switch Is On To Cam Motion!
40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams
The Industry's Best Customer Service

www.CamMotion.com ☎ 225-926-6110Like Us On Facebook!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:36 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty cool. I downloaded it. If it ***** my computer up you owe me a free custom cam though. lol

Out of curiosity, does anyone at cammotion know Jeff Wahlberg? Owns Custom Automotive Machining in Houston, Texas.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:00 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blown06
Pretty cool. I downloaded it. If it ***** my computer up you owe me a free custom cam though. lol

Out of curiosity, does anyone at cammotion know Jeff Wahlberg? Owns Custom Automotive Machining in Houston, Texas.
No worries on the calculator, we created it ourself and placed it on our own website. The code is very compact and is only relevant to the Timer's function. If you get it directly from our site, you are good. I will ask if anyone knows your friend.

40 years of Championship Winning Experience • Superior 8620 Steel Camshaft Cores • Quiet, Smooth & Powerful Lobe Design • Virtually Unlimited Lift and Duration Combinations • Finish Polished For Quiet Operation • Cam Doctor Printout With All Cams

Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it! Should help a lot of people out with cam questions. What duration is the calculator set up for, advertised or @ .050? Or is it setup give people the chance to check it at both?
Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by CBM Motorsports
I like it! Should help a lot of people out with cam questions. What duration is the calculator set up for, advertised or @ .050? Or is it setup give people the chance to check it at both?
This calculator works regardless of whether you are using .006", .050", .200" or whatever lift you want as long as all of the data fields you are entering are using the same relative lift.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Could you show us a few different set ups with changes and describe in generalities what these do to engine characteristics? That way I can be a cam expert. lol

Seriously though. Be a cool little lesson.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blown06
Could you show us a few different set ups with changes and describe in generalities what these do to engine characteristics? That way I can be a cam expert. lol

Seriously though. Be a cool little lesson.
That would be quite a book to write.

You might start looking at some different engine builds and plugging the camshaft specs into this calculator. When you do, make note of the 4 valve events, overlap and how they differ. After a while you will start to develop a frame of reference. Once you have this familiarity, you will likely start to draw your own conclusions. Post up your specific observations and questions as you go.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Here is another handy one for you all. It is a static & dynamic compression calculator. Like the Cam Timer, it is quick and easy to use, allows you to update any field (except for the calculated compression ratios) and you can have multiple instances open at once, which can be very handy when comparing different compression or camshaft scenarios. Check it out!

http://www.cammotion.com/engine-calculators.php

Quick Reply: Cam Motion Cam Timer Valve Event Calculator