Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Formula or Trans Am Look?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Formula or Trans Am Look?

Alright I have been thinking about the look for my car and for the longest time I thought I knew what I wanted... now I am not so sure.

I am getting ready to start looking at putting back on some of the Formula Stuff I removed to swap out with Trans Am Items.

I have an RK Sport WS6 Hood which i still want to keep but I also did the Trans Am Front Bumper with Fogs, Fenders (One of mine had a rip and this way i would not have to make holes for the Side Skirts which I decided to not put on) and the Rear Bumper.

The more I look at the Formula's I just keep rethinking it. (I also did the Rear hatch but a Fiberglass one, that i def want to keep I like it plus I will have an easier time with my Project of trying to put on the 78-82 rear spoiler I am getting.)

I am starting to like both the front and rear bumpers on the Formula again... so i am not sure what to think.

The rear bumper has not been painted but the front is and I no longer have a formula front bumper.

Could I see some pictures of different Formula's with say just the front bumper from a TA and the WS6 Hood as well as ones with the Formula Bumper and WS6 hood but the TA Rear?

I am going to change it tomorrow when I do my Water Pump Seal but for now I want to see what others are doing and what they think.

I have a Hooker Rear Exhaust with the SLP Tips but they do not stick out they end right at the bumper line but side shots of anything sim would be great too.

Thanks everyone!!!! (Oh and I have a 94 LTx so as much as I love the 98+ Firehawk and Formula's... don't tease me too much I really want to see the ones before them so I know what my car could look like without trying to find a firehawk front end )
Old 11-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel your pain bud. I have a 98 Formula myself.. found a hatch off a 94 TA because I flat out couldnt stand the dip in the Formula hatch due to how it holds water. I love the TA back bumper and front bumper but I I kinda like the Formula's more because of how the fog/turnsignals are done together and not seperated like on the TA's. I had thought about finding a TA rear bumper/sideskirts and going with a WW front lip. About a year ago I had hit a mailbox bout 2am. This helped me get my WS6 hood but the front bumper was able to be saved. Dont get me wrong I like the flat Formula hood but the base lookin Formula look just screams for something to be done. IMO I would just make it your own just like I have. I get all kinds of compliments from people. Its all about taste. Im almost tempted to leave it as it is just because it has that sleek look, all rounded with no jagged looking edges. I would post some pics but as you say yours is a 92-97 Model and not 98-02 model so would be kinda pointless..

So all I can say is what ever decision you decide on it will most likely be the right one.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

So far with the threads I have been able to find I am thinking about keeping the TA rear Bumper, no Side Skirts, Keeping my TA Hatch and my WS6 Hood then just letting go of the TA Front Bumper and going back to stock Formula Front... I think that may be just what i want. I keep thinking about the Formula Rear but I do not think it will look right with the TA Hatch and I like the H/C:

But I think it will look better with the TA Rear Bumper when I am done.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

Keep the formula body and the ws6 hood.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

I don't have the bumper though, it was one of the pieces that was well... destroyed when we got the car and he tried to cover it with a bra which I pulled back the minute we went to look at it.... horrible.

Maybe by Feb or so she will be repainted and clean enough to really be ready to atleast start showing as a clean car... then I really have to start working on making it really clean and buttoning up the pieces I fabbed up or did not paint or just made work until i could make one off ones (Like for the LS1 Lid... I think I am just going to completely redo it and the oval to circle maf to box connector... it sucks currently.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Teching In

i think formulas are underrated. i absolutely love the understated, refined, sleek look of the formula. the trans am has a more muscular, aggressive look to it, but the formula is sexy. IMHO putting random t/a parts on formulas is going to wreck the aesthetic of the car. unless you can find something MORE sleek than what is already on the formula.

just my 2 cents man, but formulas look ******* sick as long as they're clean, i wouldn't **** with it. now if you like the mean, muscled grouchy look that the ws6 has, then by all means, get the hood, the rear bumper and the hatch. bumper is taste i guess.

but that pic gives me butterflies.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wanted a WS6 then I really almost got a Firehawk, but then my formula came along and I couldn't pass it up.

I really went back and forth with the look I was wanting for the car and then saw some unique things I could envision for the the car. I have the Formula, Trans Am, and Firehawk look going for me. I really liked the cleanliness of the formula front bumper and it not having GFX, I wanted the TA rear bumper for the exhaust cutouts and to do the full CETA treatment, and then I got a Firehawk hood and Iroc spoiler after much searching and waiting. I dropped it removed emblems except GM chiclets in c6 location, and put on some chrome mesh wheels.

Point is get the right stance some nice wheels and let the car flow while making it your own.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:39 AM
12 Second Club

I have put the rear formula bumper back on and it was an instant improvement for me. Now I know I will just keep the TA Hatch and WS6 Hood and go back to the Formula front and rear. Its just what i was looking for. (I used to love the TA look and I still do but your right the Formula grows on you, it really has its own appeal when you sit back and actually look)

Def like the front of the car above me though, I have always loved that look... I was even looking at LS1 Birds today thinking about getting one... to many projects to many choices.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6Jim
I wanted a WS6 then I really almost got a Firehawk, but then my formula came along and I couldn't pass it up.

I really went back and forth with the look I was wanting for the car and then saw some unique things I could envision for the the car. I have the Formula, Trans Am, and Firehawk look going for me. I really liked the cleanliness of the formula front bumper and it not having GFX, I wanted the TA rear bumper for the exhaust cutouts and to do the full CETA treatment, and then I got a Firehawk hood and Iroc spoiler after much searching and waiting. I dropped it removed emblems except GM chiclets in c6 location, and put on some chrome mesh wheels.

Point is get the right stance some nice wheels and let the car flow while making it your own.

I love everything about your car except the wing i wish you would have choose something else. But it's still a nice a** car!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sway99bird
I love everything about your car except the wing i wish you would have choose something else. But it's still a nice a** car!
Thanks I appreciate it and for the spoiler I view it as a median between the flat low-rise and T/A hi-rise with a cool led 3rd brake light. Plus nobody really has it.

It sounds like the OP will have a tough looking ws6 formula which is a great idea.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks I hope so... now I just need to choose a color for it. I am thinking Bright White and GM Corp Blue for accenting maybe even a stripe... but probably just some accenting.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 AM
Launching!

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

WS6 JIM you have one GORGEOUS Formula nice job!!!!! It is really unique and looks awesome!!

Quick Reply: Formula or Trans Am Look?