Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PLEASE help me find this car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE help me find this car!!!!!

I decided to put the wings west kit on my LT1 WS6. But as some of you may know, the front lip is about 4 inches too short on the sides. So i've been wondering what to do. I saw it done on an LT1 but that was about a year ago. I wanted to know what they did but i havnt been able to find the pic again. Well, today i stumbled on it!!! Please im hopeing someone here knows this car so i can ask what they did. I was just planning on extending mine with fiberglass but since i found the pic now, im hoping to find the owner and figure out how they did it.

WARNINGThe cars a little riced out, im only concerned with the fron lip, so if you want to bash, i cant stop you but please understand this is not my car and i dont care wether or not you like it, im just trying to get some info before i start my project! Any help is appreciated!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

huh??? as long as you dont put that wing on it and dont put that hood on it i dont see rice??? but explain better???
Old 05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttranssam
huh??? as long as you dont put that wing on it and dont put that hood on it i dont see rice??? but explain better???
No, the only thing im talking about it the fron ground effects kit peice, its from a 98-02 Wings West trans am W-type kit. I already have the entire body kit, but i havnt put the front pice on cause im not sure how to. The front lip that im talking about doesnt line up to the bumper, its about 4 inches short on each side. So i was wondering how to go about making the extensions.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm check out the cost of a body shop...its hard to say with out seein it ya kno...? Dude please say your not putting the wing on....at least for the love of f-bodys
Old 05-11-2009, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Horners signs and graphics
423-921-9663
email-jhorner69@charter.net

I bought a flamin chicken decal for my ttops from them. Nice guys.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ttranssam
hmmm check out the cost of a body shop...its hard to say with out seein it ya kno...? Dude please say your not putting the wing on....at least for the love of f-bodys
Well, i already said it twice, and this is only a 4 post thread, but, i just want to know how he installed the front GF peice, the wing and hood both look like satan breeded with a barn owl, and their evil offspring took a **** on a dead butchered unicorn.

Originally Posted by sstg
Horners signs and graphics
423-921-9663
email-jhorner69@charter.net

I bought a flamin chicken decal for my ttops from them. Nice guys.
Wow are you sure? Do they have a website? Very cool, thanks for the help i hope its him! Hes not a member here?
Old 05-11-2009, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow are you sure? Do they have a website? Very cool, thanks for the help i hope its him! Hes not a member here?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's him.
No problem,glad I could help.
I don't believe he is.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I remember when that guy was advertising his decals on ebay. I messaged him asking him about that front lip, and he told me it's just a normal 98-02 Wings West front lip, and he claimed he didn't have to do any modifications to it to make it fit. He said it just stuck right on there with no problems.

Can't say whether or not if it's true, but that's what I remember him telling me.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The last time I looked the yellow TA was for sale on www.mautofied.com . You might want to try and pm'ing the guy on there....
Old 05-12-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blindxeyed
I remember when that guy was advertising his decals on ebay. I messaged him asking him about that front lip, and he told me it's just a normal 98-02 Wings West front lip, and he claimed he didn't have to do any modifications to it to make it fit. He said it just stuck right on there with no problems.

Can't say whether or not if it's true, but that's what I remember him telling me.
I already have the front lip, it doesnt line up hence this entire thread. When you put it up to the bumper, its about 4 inches short on each side. Theres no way it will just bolt up either he was lying or you are. It isnt even close, the contours all match and everything else lines up, but its too short on the sides. You have to actually extand the length of it. Maybe people are confusing what i mean, if you measure from the middle point back towards the edge going towards the wheel, it end about 4 inches in front of the wheel.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1LOMARO
The last time I looked the yellow TA was for sale on www.mautofied.com . You might want to try and pm'ing the guy on there....
Cool i found it!!! Thanks!

http://www.mautofied.com/1994-Pontia...ing/100102862/

".The car has a custom flame paint job.Wings West spoiler,98-02 Wings West body kit custom made to fit the 93-97 TAs"
Old 05-12-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

so what do you plan to do? you could just made a cut on each side, put in an extension and put it back together
Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hlaalu
so what do you plan to do? you could just made a cut on each side, put in an extension and put it back together
The only challenge i face is that its urethane, and fiberglass doesnt stick to urethane. I just want to cut the sides (the part that wraps around the bumper to bolt into the fender wheel), sand down to plastic on the lip and on my bumper, apply some fuzor, drill pilot holes, and use pop rivets. After that, i would LIKE to just use spray on foam and sand it to the final shape. But if i do that, i would then have to soak it in fiberglass resin and i dont know if it would stick. My other option would be fiberglassing a layer over the entire bumper but then id be driving a super low trans am, with a body kit. One little bump and where would i be? So i thought about just making the kit out of fiberglass and having it duplicated but thats too much money. I think ill just go ahead with my plans above and be really carefull. If kitty hair would stick, i could go that route but its just a different form of fiberglass. I wish they made some spray expanding plastic.

I wish i was in your position to just make the one pilot peice to be used for repro instead of ever actually seeing the road.

BTW i havnt had time to finish your car, im in med school and its medical terminology week!!! Im sorry!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

evil i dont know how good you are at body work, but you could probably get away with researching fuzors products and find one that bonds to urethane (i beleive thats what most of WW stuff is made out of) cut the ends off of the front lip and plastic repair them back together with the extinsions in it. that should give you the extra length you need to make it work. but you gotta be pretty brave to hack a body part up. or maybe its the a modified lt1 camaro front lip they have one that looks just like that.

but after looking at there site and the pic of the red TA its on it looks like they extended the sides
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
evil i dont know how good you are at body work, but you could probably get away with researching fuzors products and find one that bonds to urethane (i beleive thats what most of WW stuff is made out of) cut the ends off of the front lip and plastic repair them back together with the extinsions in it. that should give you the extra length you need to make it work. but you gotta be pretty brave to hack a body part up. or maybe its the a modified lt1 camaro front lip they have one that looks just like that.

but after looking at there site and the pic of the red TA its on it looks like they extended the sides
Which red Ta? On wings west?

What you say makes sense, but what do you suggest i make the extensions out of? Because if your assuming im using fiberglass, we're back to square one.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

yeah on ww's site they have it on that red trans am with flames and looking at it you can tell where they added in, im not 100% possitive it would work but i would look for a junk bumper or even just get some abs plastic that is the right shape and length (if its abs you can use a heat gun to get the shapes you want) those will be your extensions.

then you will have to use a plastic repair to bond them to the urethane and make your shapes. that should hold and be flexible enough that it wont crack over time.

on a separate note they make a lip similar to that for the lt1 camaro do you think it would fit?? better and be less hastle

http://www.wingswest.com/catalog/pop...ID=338&image=0

sorry somethings i type make sense in my head but dont always come out right, that and i am terrible at gramar

Last edited by blackbyrd; 05-13-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

hmmmm this is tricky. i think you need to make those extensions out of something somewhat flexible, i would imagine they have quite a bit of flex with driving.

Quick Reply: PLEASE help me find this car!!!!!