Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My Interior and Engine Bay.......Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you had a lot of energy going into this. But slowly your attention went from one thing to the next. You need to put together a build sheet and stick with it. It will keep you from working on your engine bay one min. and painting the interior the next.
Sure it will be nice in the end! GL
Old 07-23-2010, 02:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HMERacing
Looks like you had a lot of energy going into this. But slowly your attention went from one thing to the next. You need to put together a build sheet and stick with it. It will keep you from working on your engine bay one min. and painting the interior the next.
Sure it will be nice in the end! GL
You couldnt be more correct. I completely agree. I havent worked on it much, as I was waiting for money to finish my motor. and well the time is upon us... so I hope to have my long block in hand in a couple weeks. so I need to get the car ready for it.... Time to get to work.

and thanks.

P.S. I thought it was ironic that as I was reading your post, the advertisement at the bottom of the page says "Do You Have ADHD?" lol
Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Looking good dude! Subbed!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks
Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PUNISHER TA

P.S. I thought it was ironic that as I was reading your post, the advertisement at the bottom of the page says "Do You Have ADHD?" lol

I saw the same add, made me feel a lil guilty when I was browsing onto tech at work when I shoulda been working.

That cage with the gun metal theme in the interior is gonna look sick!
Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert

I saw the same add, made me feel a lil guilty when I was browsing onto tech at work when I shoulda been working.

That cage with the gun metal theme in the interior is gonna look sick!
lol, tech is addicting. its hard to stay away.

and yea, im looking for a really clean build,

To start, I wish my car was siver (Artic Silver from Porsche)

but... I;m aiming for a very clean design, so everything will either be black(leather) or painted gunmetal. and when I can afford it, the gunmetal stuff will be redone in Carbon Fiber.

(the wheels, fender vents, and hood vents will be gunmetal to match)

thanks for the compliment
Old 08-22-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Finally an update.

This has gone on long enough....

Got my driveshaft all cleaned up today. Not blingmaster clean (im not into that), but ready for DD clean.

Gauges in the center vents. They are only sitting in there, I have to figure out how IM gonna mount them still

This will be mounted in the left vent, mounted 8" or so back, just so I can see it 'glow'

Blake (importkillerss) stopped by, and was 'viciously' attacked by my dog... lol

Cleaned up my engine accessories and brackets at my high tech cleaning station.

Some interior pieces almost done, just needs a little wetsanding and polishing.

A couple more pieces, co-starring a set of CF mirror cover for blake, if ya want them.

Another cage picture, it is now wetsanded, and polished with meguiars ultimate polish

And we'll polish up this post with a pic of my helper

Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

A few comments: GREAT looking dog, I'm really diggin the interior pieces, and I like the high tech cleaning station I'm gonna have to read through this thread again, didn't know all this progress was made. I'm tempted to try out what you did with the interior.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evaporate
A few comments: GREAT looking dog, I'm really diggin the interior pieces, and I like the high tech cleaning station I'm gonna have to read through this thread again, didn't know all this progress was made. I'm tempted to try out what you did with the interior.
Thank you, she is a great dog.

I'm glad I have at least one positive comment (so far)

I know some guy put up pics of his pieces in his camaro (pewter to match the exterior) and didn't get a great response,

I think they are tasteful, but I would've kept everything stock if it was in mint condition, but its impossible to fix scratches on them, without smoothing and painting...

The cleaning station is always available if someone needs to borrow it. :grin:

For the amount of time she has been sitting... not much progress has been made, but ive been waiting on money to finish paying for my longblock 454 LS7. :grin:
Old 08-23-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just amazed at how damn talented some of you are! This project of yours, PUNISHER TA is going to be sweet when you are all finished. It looks great so far! Very nice!
Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleepinghawk
I'm just amazed at how damn talented some of you are! This project of yours, PUNISHER TA is going to be sweet when you are all finished. It looks great so far! Very nice!
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to drive it again.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Nice work man - hope to see you finish her up soon so you can get her back out on the road. Love the Gunmetal grey btw - great choice
Old 08-25-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im trying. Im not working right now. But I am remodeling my parents house, trying to get the bathroom done, before i put too much time into the car.. BUt damn, im so tired of not having my car.

Ive been trying to get out there, but im so over whelmed.. There is so much to do, and right now, Ive hit two road blocks...

the headliner got its *** kicked, had a bunch of people over partying in the garage and someone fucked the headliner, so the cardboard backing has no shape, and the vinyl is scuffed. I was gonna order an ABS headliner from HAWKS... but im not waiting 3-4 weeks for it... **** that..

Secondly... I have a lot of wiring work to do before the dash can go back in.... and I need help finding some connectors... IF anyone can help...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post13781470

Thanks.

btw. School starts October 4th... If the cars not on the road by then.... Im screwed...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just thought Id throw a quick update up, right now, im working on my front filler plate. When I got the car... the bird on the filler plate was lol... painted with a roller... So its making it difficult to fix... cause its textured, and it went down the sides of the raised bird.

I bought a set of vinyls from fourth circle (gunmetal). I will be painting my bird silver/white, so when the gunmetal bird vinyl goes on... the painted part will be "glowing"...

It may be hard to picture right now, but ill have pics up soon, and ill include a easy way i found to mask of the bird.

I will also use this same design on the stainless PONTIAC insert and Trans Am door emblems. So my emblems will be pretty unique.

Last edited by PUNISHER TA; 08-30-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

Those interior pieces look really really good and I am not usually a fan of not so factory looking materials!

Did you mention your process you took to do them or no? If no, a writeup might be cool to have laying around for those who are not so good at this sorta thing *cough me, cough*
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Those interior pieces look really really good and I am not usually a fan of not so factory looking materials!

Did you mention your process you took to do them or no? If no, a writeup might be cool to have laying around for those who are not so good at this sorta thing *cough me, cough*
Thank you. I really am a pure keep it factory kinda guy, and i didnt think i would really like it, but I do. The onyl reason I decided to do it, is because they were scratched, and there is no way to repair the factory finish... anyway, i like how it turned out, and then fact that itll match my cage, and wheels, etc...

As far as paint,... im a complete noob... I just kinda guessed a lot and figured it out as I went...

I will try to do a write up as I couldnt find anything when I was lost... when i have time.

Ill just put a reminder here to remind me to DO A WRITE UP
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, so im still working on my filler plate.... had to change my design because the rollered bird was so bad, there wasnt a clear edge, and there was paint blah balh.... anyway, it was done very sucky. but I have a design, Pics tomorrow.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, it looks like im just gonna have to skip the re-wiring for now. A few guys on here gave me some sites and it looks like what I want, but I dont understand exactly what I need to do, and also, I dont have the time to spend doing that right now, My car has to be done by the beginning of october, or I wont have transportation to get to school. AKA im screwed.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 AM
11 Second Club

Sounds like you need to make a list of things that need to be done, organize it in order of what must be done before something else can be started, and then start knocking things off the list one at a time.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Sounds like you need to make a list of things that need to be done, organize it in order of what must be done before something else can be started, and then start knocking things off the list one at a time.
I have one.. lol. Im just putting off wiring, because I dont wanna.

So thats holding up the rest of my interior build.

But my main focus right now, is finishing the bathroom remodel I am doing.

Quick Reply: My Interior and Engine Bay.......Build Thread