Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Firehawk clone? Silly idea?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firehawk clone? Silly idea?

I was just testing the waters, so before anyone starts flaming me. I was thinking about cloning a firehawk with my T/A.

Would it be silly to get the hood, decals, interior placards. etc?

I mean a firehawk is just a typical car that a third party modified. Why not let that third party be me? Doesn't say firehawk on a title you know?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Why not just mimic the look, but without the decals/placards?
Old 06-20-2009, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It'll be frowned upon, ...
Your choice, your car.
But it just wouldn't be right IMO.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I were to do it, I'd do it without the badges. I have no problem with people cloning cars, but when they start putting the badges on it - that's going too far.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Counted Out
If I were to do it, I'd do it without the badges. I have no problem with people cloning cars, but when they start putting the badges on it - that's going too far.
^ Ditto ^
Old 06-20-2009, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do what you want. It's your car. The only thing I can agree on everyone else with is if you go to sell the car, do NOT advertise it falsely. Other than that, enjoy it Even badges. . . .
Old 06-20-2009, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Agreed. Do it, without the badges. Just debadge the whole thing so no one knows what it is.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Counted Out
I agree with this as well.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:58 PM
11 Second Club

Telling him to not put decals/badges on the car is like telling Cobra replica car owners they can't call their car Cobras. . . Clearly he wants opinions. If the job looks good and he likes the car, oh well, again, just as long as he doesn't try to profit from it falsely.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Launching!

I know a guy who basically did the opposite of everyones suggestions by taking a ws6 t/a and putting firehawk badges on it but still has the ws6 hood and t/a wheels and spoiler and this guy always gets flammed for it! So +1 on a clone minus the badges...
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Teching In

I am not sure what I want to do.

I would never try and falsely sell the car as a firehawk, my friend has one and I always envied it, just for it's rarity, and significance.

A firehawk and WS6 are pretty close, when it comes to mustangs, Cobras were hatched cobras, whereas, Transams were turned into firehawks by a non-GM company all together.

That simple detail was the only thing that made me even think about it.
You put an LT1 together with LT4 heads, intake and cam, and you can honestly call it an LT4.

So, why not take a Transam, put every single component that makes a firehawk a firehawk, why not flaunt it a firehawk? After all firehawks were made and not born, unlike cobras.

Thanks for the insight folks.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nelapse

After all firehawks were made and not born, unlike cobras.

And all this time I thought my Hawk was born, cause it came with a Birth certificate! Just messing with you man! It's your car, to do whatever you like with it. Clone it all the way!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Duffster
Telling him to not put decals/badges on the car is like telling Cobra replica car owners they can't call their car Cobras. . . Clearly he wants opinions. If the job looks good and he likes the car, oh well, again, just as long as he doesn't try to profit from it falsely.
If I had my choice, they'd all be calling them "Cobra Replica's". So I stand by what I said the first time.

Originally Posted by Nelapse

I would never try and falsely sell the car as a firehawk, my friend has one and I always envied it, just for it's rarity, and significance.

A firehawk and WS6 are pretty close, when it comes to mustangs, Cobras were hatched cobras, whereas, Transams were turned into firehawks by a non-GM company all together.

That simple detail was the only thing that made me even think about it.
You put an LT1 together with LT4 heads, intake and cam, and you can honestly call it an LT4.

So, why not take a Transam, put every single component that makes a firehawk a firehawk, why not flaunt it a firehawk? After all firehawks were made and not born, unlike cobras.

It wasn't some no name aftermarket company that put it together though. Just like you can't buy Roush emblems for your Mustang unless it's really a Roush - they'll sell you all of the parts to put it together yourself, but you have to have some kind of proof it is a real Roush for them to send you emblems (as far as I remember).

Cloning a car is showing your appreciation for the car, but leave Trans Am badges on it or no badges that way you aren't taking away from the owners of real Firehawks.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

you could do it and call it a "Firecrock"
Old 06-21-2009, 04:03 AM
TECH Addict

People will respect you and like your car more if you leave off all the "firehawk" badges. You can put a firehawk hood and spoiler on there all you want but once you start putting badges on it and claiming it's something that it is NOT, you will be flammed and made fun of by people like myself. I HATE when people put fake badges on their cars. I actually considered taking my ws6 badge off just to clean up the look.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Duffster
He wont profit from it...the parts to make it a fake will cost more than than the additional value added to the car.

With that said good luck finding a hood. It took three months or so to find a real SLP hood for my old car after the new owner wrecked it...and that was willing to pay basicaly WHAT EVER it costs for it.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

i call it being a ricer. go ahead and put a type R logo on it as well. if you want a hawk, buy a hawk. there numbered for a reason.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Minacious
Why not just mimic the look, but without the decals/placards?
I agree with this my car is an SS clone besides the wheels but it has the hood/spoiler/2otl but there are no ss badges on it.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know as the former owner of two Firehawks I would have been outraged by the suggestion of a fake one a few months ago, but after the G8 Firehawk crap IMO the name is meaningless now...so stick it on whatever you want.
The following users liked this post:
Coy (01-27-2023)
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

As a current Firehawk owner (a real one based on a Firebird or Trans AM) here is my opinion.

The Firehawk was a great model designed by SLP and they are nice to see around and on the road. They do get the attention.

But, so does the WS6, Ram-Air and other well done aftermarker firebirds with the right hood. As we all know, its really only a hood, wheels and badges. The other features are insignificant.

I personally am not a big fan of cloning a WS6, Ram-Air or Firehawk - so my 2 cents would be not too clone the Firehawk, and do something even more different than a Firehawk clone. Do it with style and it'll be just as big if not a bigger head turner on the roads.

But like already stated, it is yoru ride, do what-ever makes you happy!

Quick Reply: Firehawk clone? Silly idea?