Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My "REBUILD" Thread - '99 WS6 (Evil WS6)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by squee
Yea, you need to remove the piece that bolts to the trans as well and remove both pieces of rubber. I had to do the same, except I went with the Engergy suspension, which is a two piece design, like the stock and bolts in. Its was a BITCH to get together cause the polyurethane is so hard. I went with the BMR torque arm like yours and its so much easier to get together with the one piece its not funny.

And no problem man...
Do I have to drop the cross member to get the piece off thats connected to the tranny? I can't slide the bolt all the way out.. it hits the body.

The cuts in the bushing don't look like they match the clamshell.. I guess I'll know for sure once the other piece is off. I ended up grinding the rivets off with a wheel, I drilled through it and nothing happened.

Do i gotta grease the hell out of the bushing before I put it in?

Thanks again
Old 05-07-2010, 08:39 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 WS6
Do I have to drop the cross member to get the piece off thats connected to the tranny? I can't slide the bolt all the way out.. it hits the body.

The cuts in the bushing don't look like they match the clamshell.. I guess I'll know for sure once the other piece is off. I ended up grinding the rivets off with a wheel, I drilled through it and nothing happened.

Do i gotta grease the hell out of the bushing before I put it in?

Thanks again

i got my out with some elbow greese. not sure how but it took a few minutes lol. but i have a lift and a transmission jack so my life is a little easier.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

Does this look at all right? LOL

This is the only way it would go in, and the cuts look about right

Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use lock tight on that top bolt that holds the clamp together. Mine came out and my tq arm hit the bottom of the car and the tranny. Scratched my ds a little bit too.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Will do. Thx bllkbird. Does it look like its in the right spot?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Will do. Thx bllkbird. Does it look like its in the right spot?
Maybe its just me, but it looks like the bottom of the clam shell is bent upwards. I think its supposed to be flat. At least it is on my M6...
Old 05-08-2010, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Alright guys... help.

EVERYTHING is together. However, we cannot get the fuel pump to turn on when you turn the ignition on. When we put power directly to the #9 pin (fuel pump relay) on the PCM, the fuel pump turns on and makes noise. Once you plug the drive into the PCM, get in the car, and turn it to on.. there's nothing.

We were poking around with a test light, and some of the pins that are supposed to be grounds, were showing power. Meaning, we had the test light on a ground, and we touched it to a ground pin, and it lit up.

The ground strap on the drivers side is installed, the grounds on the back of the head are tight, the ground terminal on the battery, and the ground on the body right behind the battery. Everything else seems to work, radio, lights, cluster, car cranks (havent been able to crank it much, battery is shot) but the fuel pump just won't make that whine when you turn it to on.

The blue and white cable from the PCM are also connected inside the car like they should be..

Also, therobman stopped by and we put his PCM into my car, same thing happened. So it's not the PCM

Idk what the deal is guys.. anybody?
Old 05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

One of the grounds broke on the back of the head.. my friend fixed it. Still having problems.

Fuel pump not turning on
No fuel level on cluster
No oil pressure on cluster

My aeroforce scan gauge (connects to OBD2 port) is getting NO information from the computer. Something is wrong..
Old 05-08-2010, 10:49 PM
Launching!

That sucks man! Hopefully its nothing major... maybe loose connections somewhere?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Alright guys... help.

EVERYTHING is together. However, we cannot get the fuel pump to turn on when you turn the ignition on. When we put power directly to the #9 pin (fuel pump relay) on the PCM, the fuel pump turns on and makes noise. Once you plug the drive into the PCM, get in the car, and turn it to on.. there's nothing.

We were poking around with a test light, and some of the pins that are supposed to be grounds, were showing power. Meaning, we had the test light on a ground, and we touched it to a ground pin, and it lit up.

The ground strap on the drivers side is installed, the grounds on the back of the head are tight, the ground terminal on the battery, and the ground on the body right behind the battery. Everything else seems to work, radio, lights, cluster, car cranks (havent been able to crank it much, battery is shot) but the fuel pump just won't make that whine when you turn it to on.

The blue and white cable from the PCM are also connected inside the car like they should be..

Also, therobman stopped by and we put his PCM into my car, same thing happened. So it's not the PCM

Idk what the deal is guys.. anybody?
Let me get you some PDF Documents I will upload a few more. DID you check the Pump Relay?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fuel Pump Wiring.pdf (66.8 KB, 115 views)
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if one of the grounds broke there's a small chance it damaged something. like a short or a burnt connection or relay etc. but thats kind of unlikely as the ground systems on our cars have multiple redundancies. so now that you fixed the broken ground keep pokin around with that test light. have you tested the lines going into your pump?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey man my aeroforce does some goofy stuff too, i havent finished glassing the pod, but it would stay dark or not load up all the way and id have to restart it/unplug, etc..

not to point you away from it cause mine would still usually get power, but i wouldnt use it as much as the factory gauges to benchmark till you can get some good readings from it
Old 05-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Staging Lane

Default Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Connector End Views

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Connector End Views
Attached Files
Old 05-09-2010, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by brian_rs/ss
if one of the grounds broke there's a small chance it damaged something. like a short or a burnt connection or relay etc. but thats kind of unlikely as the ground systems on our cars have multiple redundancies. so now that you fixed the broken ground keep pokin around with that test light. have you tested the lines going into your pump?
I haven't tested the lines going into the fuel pump.. I've just tested everything I could in the engine bay. Are there lines/wires I could get to near the gas tank?

Originally Posted by wisker27
Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Connector End Views
Thanks wisker. That's better than the pinout I already had.

I'm really so lost I have no idea what to do.. I accidentally ripped out the fuel pimp relay wire yesterday from the PCM. My friend rewired it in, and then it didnt work. So he took it out again, used a different wire, put it back in, and boom. Everything worked. My pump came on, my fuel gauge worked, everything. Then from that point on I think is when I broke the ground on the back of the head (was tucking the PCV hose back there) and since then we couldn't get anything to work right.

The weird part is.. if we pull out the red drive, and connect the test light to the positive terminal, and then touch the test light to the fuel pimp relay pin, the fuel pump makes noise. Meaning it's getting power. Which makes me think something is fucked up somewhere else.

I have a feeling the whole motor is gonna have to be dropped back out..
Old 05-09-2010, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

check all your fuses.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayerized6
check all your fuses.
Will do Matt. Any chance any of the relays are blown? Idk how to check a relay lol.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Will do Matt. Any chance any of the relays are blown? Idk how to check a relay lol.
no idea. google it lol.

this is probably why you should of disconnected your battery before doing all that work!
Old 05-09-2010, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slayerized6
no idea. google it lol.

this is probably why you should of disconnected your battery before doing all that work!
If it's just a fuse, you have no idea how happy i'll be.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it's just a fuse, you have no idea how happy i'll be.
well you did all the complicated stuff already. check the pcm ign and pcm bat fuses. might be why your pcm aint getting any power
Old 05-09-2010, 04:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brian sounds stupid.. But did you maybe wire in some sort of kill switch?

Quick Reply: My "REBUILD" Thread - '99 WS6 (Evil WS6)