Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Raptor Hood or WS9 Hood?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
My vote is ws9, closer to the best looking hood ever (ws6). Never cared for the firehawk/raptor hoods, too round IMO
See Im the opposite. I think the lines on the WS6 based hoods are too sharp for the rest of the shape of the car. Its all opinion and all look good IMO, I just prefer the Raptor of the rest because to me its curves match the curves of the rest of the car.

Clearly even my gf and myself have different opinions when it comes to this lol.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Transhed
See Im the opposite. I think the lines on the WS6 based hoods are too sharp for the rest of the shape of the car. Its all opinion and all look good IMO, I just prefer the Raptor of the rest because to me its curves match the curves of the rest of the car.

Clearly even my gf and myself have different opinions when it comes to this lol.
I think to pull your hood off you need a rim to match. Your rims are about as far away to matching you can get IMO.

I think a Torque Thrust would look killer.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Probably don't want to argue with her about it either. Lol.

I agree with the curve part but I just love the bold look of the ws6 hood
Old 04-09-2010, 01:37 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have a Firehawk and I love the hood (along with the rest of the car of course) but,I have to say that I really like the look of the WS6/WS9 hood more... I just like the "meaner" look it gives..

So, I have really been thinking about getting a WS6/WS9 hood to put on my hawk and just store the original hood away.I would also probably get some small custom made "firehawk" decals to put on th sides of the nostrils of the WS6 hood.Same location and roughly the same sizing as the factory "ram air" decals found on the WS6s..

LS1Transhed, is your GFs hood actually taller than a factory WS6 hood? It's just that in that large pic,it looks pretty tall!

BTW sweet TAs! Makes me wish the wifey had a TA as well!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MJK
Well I have a Firehawk and I love the hood (along with the rest of the car of course) but,I have to say that I really like the look of the WS6/WS9 hood more... I just like the "meaner" look it gives..

So, I have really been thinking about getting a WS6/WS9 hood to put on my hawk and just store the original hood away.I would also probably get some small custom made "firehawk" decals to put on th sides of the nostrils of the WS6 hood.Same location and roughly the same sizing as the factory "ram air" decals found on the WS6s..

LS1Transhed, is your GFs hood actually taller than a factory WS6 hood? It's just that in that large pic,it looks pretty tall!

The ws9 is a tad higher than the ws6.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:44 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
The ws9 is a tad higher than the ws6.
Hmmmm.... nice.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Could always go WS9 outlaw from VFN.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i like the ws6/ws9 hoods, but, i think they look good with black bird stripes or ram-air stripes. if there are no plans for stripes, i personally think the raptor is the best choice. so clean looking, yet so mean as well.

honestly, if i had no intentions on doing stripes, i'd even take the sleek beek stock hood over the ws6/ws9. on a car with the right stance/rim setup, the stock hood locks perfect.

daytime running lights/turn signals. foglights are the little round lights at the bottom. and yes, gotta switch the bulbs
Sorry yes I meant the DRL's. I was thinking fogs bc I just ordered an HID kit for them before seeing this post...thanks for the info guys.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJK

She has a WS9 Outlaw, which has heat extractors on the side and 1 more inch of cowl than your standard WS6 hood.

How would you feel if her car was faster than yours tho? lol. We raced once, my nose was at her rear bumper. She has also had it for 3 years longer and put much more money into hers lol.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:48 AM
MJK
TECH Resident

She has a WS9 Outlaw, which has heat extractors on the side and 1 more inch of cowl than your standard WS6 hood.

How would you feel if her car was faster than yours tho? lol. We raced once, my nose was at her rear bumper. She has also had it for 3 years longer and put much more money into hers lol.
Yeah,sounds like a good healthy relationship between two consenting adults to me!!

But seriously,

Do they even still make the outlaw hood anymore??

OP- My apologies if I'm thread jacking here!!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Looks like it Sold......

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-cla...hawk-hood.html
Old 04-10-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Which ever is cheaper cause they look almost identical. I personaly like the WS9 a little better.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
cheaper cause they look almost identical.
are you high??
Old 04-10-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

WS9
Old 04-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MJK
Yeah,sounds like a good healthy relationship between two consenting adults to me!!

But seriously,

Do they even still make the outlaw hood anymore??

OP- My apologies if I'm thread jacking here!!
VFN here in Addison, IL does lol
Old 04-10-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MJK

Don't forget if you do decide to switch from the firehawk to another hood you will have to do something about the front bumper.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike
are you high??
I did say almost identical bro, till you get up pretty close they really dont look that much different, i havent priced them but i wouldn't spend more than 80 for one or the other. If they were the same price i would choose the WS9 cause it looks a bit more agressive. I think they both look good, just not enought to spend more money for one or the other
Attached Thumbnails Raptor Hood or WS9 Hood?-2birds.jpg  
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by The Mighty Texan
I did say[U]i wouldn't spend more than 80 for one or the other.
.... they are both $700-900 hoods lol
Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

.... they are both $700-900 hoods lol
are you serious?
Hahahah jk man. Ya dude i know im sayin i wouldnt spend an additional 80 for one or the other, IMO i would opt for the cheaper cause they both look great and if theres a price difference i would go for which ever is less. If there the same or close to the same i would choose the ws9
Old 04-11-2010, 12:57 AM
TECH Resident

I have a ws9 outlaw, and would rather have the Superhawk hood. Two big *** holes look better than four to me. lol Go for the Superhawk if you can find one.

Quick Reply: Raptor Hood or WS9 Hood?