Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

1993-2002 F-BODY Gauge AND HVAC, Headlight, etc... Overlays GROUP PURCHASE 12!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRReLL
Hey Guys,

Can the shift plate overlay be modified?

like.....

Z/28

C
A
M
A
R
O
Sure can.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question

Sorry about posting here but I tried to send a PM unsuccessfully.

Hello Mark.

I sent you an email earlier this week with no reply.

I have not received the product.

If you could address the issue at your earliest convenience I would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Christopher
Old 04-18-2010, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
...needed to know what custom background you wanted. Thanks!

Mark
the skull one in dark red same one in the sample pic but I want my turn signals to be crossbones

Thanks Danny
Old 04-18-2010, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, some cool ideas here! I can't wait to see the pictures from this GP!!!
Mine is about as plain as they come and I am excited about getting it!
Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a photo on your site of a white t/a overlay what were the options on this as far as number colors and tick marks. I really like it. The bird looks good on it to. This is what i need to order
Old 04-18-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

i can't decide on what colors/options to go with for my SS....what do you guys all think i should get? the car is a SOM SS with a 454 LSX with ebony interior. i've got autometer cobalt digital gauges on the a-pillar. i wan't everything to flow together and i can't quite settle on anything....anybody got any ideas?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mark helped me out alot with my order! Will probably get it in tommorow since its been a busy weekend. Thanks man!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
i can't decide on what colors/options to go with for my SS....what do you guys all think i should get? the car is a SOM SS with a 454 LSX with ebony interior. i've got autometer cobalt digital gauges on the a-pillar. i wan't everything to flow together and i can't quite settle on anything....anybody got any ideas?
Red would NOT look good IMHO...

Grey could look sweet...

SOM with a Gradient Shadow could look good as well...

Of course you could just go black. With the updated font and putting 454 with the LSX symbol on the overlay would look great as well.

I'm sure McNord can come up with something more creative than myself though...
Old 04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Red would NOT look good IMHO...

Grey could look sweet...

SOM with a Gradient Shadow could look good as well...

Of course you could just go black. With the updated font and putting 454 with the LSX symbol on the overlay would look great as well.

I'm sure McNord can come up with something more creative than myself though...
yeah i'd like to hear him chime in on the subject...i was considering black too and the "LSX" was DEFINATELY going to be on there somehwere...maybe on the tach, with "454 SS" (old school numbers with 4th gen "SS") on the speedo, or something along those lines. i thought about doing a sort of 3D "LSX" in the background of the whole cluster like McNord's green skull...
Old 04-19-2010, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

I'm curious Mark, when you order white face will it just be the numbers/text that can illuminate whatever color you want or will the entire face lite up & the numbers be dark like the Autometer C2's for example?

My reason for asking is after looking closely at the badass overlay McNord made for himself I noticed parts of the skull were illuminated in the center or the gauges. So I'm curious if the overlay can be made to let light thru like the gauges I mentioned above for at least the gauge cluster. That way the speedo, tach, battery, oil, coolant & gas gauge could fully illuminate to match aftermarket gauges in a pillar.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000_SS
I think the som color with the black gradient shadow would look good. I could do the redlines som to match. The 454LSX emblem would look good gray (silver looking) with an orange "X" to match the rest. I would also use the gradient numbers. over the whole thing. On your I would asle suggest deleting the "Trip/oil reset" from the right side of the cluster, I think its just a little cleaner that way.

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I'm curious Mark, when you order white face will it just be the numbers/text that can illuminate whatever color you want or will the entire face lite up & the numbers be dark like the Autometer C2's for example?

My reason for asking is after looking closely at the badass overlay McNord made for himself I noticed parts of the skull were illuminated in the center or the gauges. So I'm curious if the overlay can be made to let light thru like the gauges I mentioned above for at least the gauge cluster. That way the speedo, tach, battery, oil, coolant & gas gauge could fully illuminate to match aftermarket gauges in a pillar.
It will just be the numbers that light up not the whole face. The reason is there are molding marks all over the back ot the cluster inside & they show through funny when the whole thing is lit up. Its not a good look. The reason other images work such as the skull is that its only in isolated areas, & with all the differant tones & shapes going there you just don't see the marks on the inside of the cluster.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 PM
12 Second Club

^^Alrighty, thats what I was curious about. Thankx for responding. I got alot of thinkin to do in the next couple weeks, LOL.
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
I think the som color with the black gradient shadow would look good. I could do the redlines som to match. The 454LSX emblem would look good gray (silver looking) with an orange "X" to match the rest. I would also use the gradient numbers. over the whole thing. On your I would asle suggest deleting the "Trip/oil reset" from the right side of the cluster, I think its just a little cleaner that way.

It will just be the numbers that light up not the whole face. The reason is there are molding marks all over the back ot the cluster inside & they show through funny when the whole thing is lit up. Its not a good look. The reason other images work such as the skull is that its only in isolated areas, & with all the differant tones & shapes going there you just don't see the marks on the inside of the cluster.
Lol! I just noticed you took it off of mine as well ! I LIKE IT, that is how you run a business RIGHT. Not, "What do you like?" but "Here's what you like..." and I do .
Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol! I just noticed you took it off of mine as well ! I LIKE IT, that is how you run a business RIGHT. Not, "What do you like?" but "Here's what you like..." and I do .
You got it!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just put my order in! I want that trip/ reset removed too haha! Can you do that for me?
Old 04-20-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

5 sets of needles shipped! You should see them by Saturday at the latest!

6th set (the LT1's) by Wed.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Was I the only LT1 set of needles ?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Mark looking to see if you got my e-mail I sent you about the RPM\MPH/ ?

Thanks Danny
Old 04-20-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE

I think i might be liking that...i just wish i could see it all done without you having to go to all that trouble

I think i might leave the "X" red, just to be "correct" if you will. i'm going for a totally OEM, clean look with anything and everything i can. The "LS" before the "x" would be grey/silver of course like you said, but do you think you could make 3D looking letter, kind of as if they were stainless/reflective/mirror or something? maybe just some kind of shading or shadow effect i suppose. I also like how the Dick Harrell logo lights up around it, how hard would it be to make the "LSX" do that and still look right during the day?

What about the S86 needles? i need to make everything tie together a bit (thinking about my digital cobalt gauges on the A-pillar)...maybe clear needles with blue LED's behind the gauges? i dunno how it would look, but i like how it sounds.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

mark am i too late???? if not to late i've got an idea of what i'd like in the background of mine, goes along with my screen name lol

Quick Reply: 1993-2002 F-BODY Gauge AND HVAC, Headlight, etc... Overlays GROUP PURCHASE 12!!!