Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Killer New Hood design available at VFN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only design change i would experiment with is making the center heat extractors more round on the corners. all the openings and the entire body of the T/A is very exaggerated curves. and with the nostrils in such a close proximity it really stands out how curved the nostrils are comparative to the center extractors.

but thats just a thought. just because it sounds good in someones head doesn't mean it will look good after a rendering is made.

but all in all you guys are doing a good job at finally making some more creative parts! i congratulate you guys
Old 10-01-2010, 12:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i actually like that idea about the hood even though i dont have a bird
Old 10-01-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
The 3rd pic down that VFNTech posted really shows how out of place the heat extractors / dips look on that hood imo. None of that stuff really goes with the car at all. It's too much. I like the nose part of the hood, but that's it. Plus those dips on the nostrils look like they will hold a lot of water. I will keep my sleek beak.
+1 here.... A agree completely.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:16 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Man o man, if just those dips on the the ram air sections weren't there... The rest of the hood is gorgeous.

Best of luck with it, but I'll pass and stick with my WS9 Outlaw, even though I like the nostrils on this one better.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the hood but agree with others here about the dips in ram air section. Maybe make a hood with and without. The rest of the hood looks awesome and aggressive. Good job!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by vfntech
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Starting to come around, what are the changed the center dips could be a lil deeper? Also how close is this to being produced? $$ tag yet?

Old 10-03-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sscamaroburn02
Maybe make a hood with and without.
they would have my money 100% if they did. i'd be all over that hood without the center vents.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

I will have to echo what many others have said about the dips. In my humble opinion, they throw off the lines of the hood. It appears as though the hood was completed, then something else needed to be added. That obviously wasn't the case, but how it comes off, to me at least, when looking at the lines.

The hood looks great otherwise (the nostrils being the real attention getter), but I'm sure there are those that will say it looks like other hoods already on the market without those dips. Is that really a bad thing?

Even though you have already stated this is the hood that is getting made, this quick Photoshop I did is what I would love to see.

With all of that said, thank you for continuing to develop stuff for these cars when many companies have moved on.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

holy **** that looks amazing.

if that were to come out they'd sell like hotcakes. why make something different for the sake of being different. make that^, and you'll make money, cause it'll sell way better than the one with the center vents. just my very honest opinion.

i would literally buy that if it were produced. first hood i could 100% say that about

Last edited by crimson_bird; 10-03-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Minacious
I will have to echo what many others have said about the dips. In my humble opinion, they throw off the lines of the hood. It appears as though the hood was completed, then something else needed to be added. That obviously wasn't the case, but how it comes off, to me at least, when looking at the lines.

The hood looks great otherwise (the nostrils being the real attention getter), but I'm sure there are those that will say it looks like other hoods already on the market without those dips. Is that really a bad thing?

Even though you have already stated this is the hood that is getting made, this quick Photoshop I did is what I would love to see.

With all of that said, thank you for continuing to develop stuff for these cars when many companies have moved on.

wow!!!

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
holy **** that looks amazing.

if that were to come out they'd sell like hotcakes. why make something different for the sake of being different. make that^, and you'll make money, cause it'll sell way better than the one with the center vents. just my very honest opinion.

i would literally buy that if it were produced. first hood i could 100% say that about

Yep Id buy one!!!

I think just about everyone in this thread likes the hood but hates the vents in the ram-air humps.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:19 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This quick Photoshop I did is what I would love to see.

BINGO. Nailed it right there.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell you guys what, buy one of those hoods, send it to me with $200 and I'll shave those top scoops for ya. Then pay the shipping to send it back to you (roughly $80 to $120ish). I agree with all you guys, to make one with and without the top vents. I like both. PM me if you're interested in the work.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks 10 times better
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM
On The Tree

I think without the vents it may as well be a ws6/ws9/firehawk hood and there are already enough variations of that. I like the vents, I think it gives it character and sets it apart. Just my opinion, I think you got it just right VFN. When is this scheduled for production? i'm in the market right now.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rielcrazy
I think without the vents it may as well be a ws6/ws9/firehawk hood and there are already enough variations of that.
I'd like to see more aggressive Firehawk-style designs, like the Superhawk, SLP H.O., etc. I know VFN doesn't want to copy other styles, but maybe they could come up with something similar yet original. I think getting away from the Firehawk heat extractors and going with other designs could help that.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I think without the vents it may as well be a ws6/ws9/firehawk hood and there are already enough variations of that. I like the vents, I think it gives it character and sets it apart. Just my opinion, I think you got it just right VFN. When is this scheduled for production? i'm in the market right now.
I'm on the same page with you bro . As somewhat small as our aftermarket is, I can't give nothing but to VFN for adding another option, let alone the fact they are known for quality on the forum. I'm sold also and wondering when is availability. Only problem is, if I pick this one up my wife will start to wonder if I have a hood fettish. lol I currently have a Suncoast creation Ws6 hood on my TA and An Evilbay Superhawk hood still in the box. That I had picked up earlier this year. O well, prolly going to have to sell one or the other or both.LMAO

On another note. VFN, I can't tell from the pics but are those vents open, if not can they be?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wing Zer0
I'm on the same page with you bro . As somewhat small as our aftermarket is, I can't give nothing but to VFN for adding another option, let alone the fact they are known for quality on the forum. I'm sold also and wondering when is availability. Only problem is, if I pick this one up my wife will start to wonder if I have a hood fettish. lol I currently have a Suncoast creation Ws6 hood on my TA and An Evilbay Superhawk hood still in the box. That I had picked up earlier this year. O well, prolly going to have to sell one or the other or both.LMAO

On another note. VFN, I can't tell from the pics but are those vents open, if not can they be?
too bad you're not in VA, i'd take one off your hands if this isn't coming out anytime soon!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Launching!

too bad you're not in VA, i'd take one off your hands if this isn't coming out anytime soon!
LOL. Yeah definitely would be alot easier instead of trying to find out how to ship the dam thing. Well, there always a first I guess. If the dubs I'm trying to sell, actually sell. LMAO I gonna have to take that road less traveled.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Default lose the center vents

it looks way betters without the center vents
Old 10-05-2010, 10:22 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

THis is why I've always loved the Mecham hood. I think it kinda combines the 08+ Viper style hood (My favorite hood of any car EVER ) and blends it with a TA. That's why I plan to get it

Quick Reply: Killer New Hood design available at VFN!!!